Page 269 of 326 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    i know im diving face first into some sort of trap but Machida is +230 vs Eryk Anders this weekend and honestly on principle i have to go broke here.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Nostalgia can brake you..
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Nostalgia can brake you..

I completely get that and its bitten me in the past, and I'm aware that Anders can flash KO Machida, but the dude is super, super green. He's "undefeated" against unranked no-ones in minor orgs. Maybe he's the next Mitirone but this doesnt seem like someone who Machida should be +230 against to me, on his home turf no less.

I'm not going to be torn up or anything if Machida catches a career-retiring loss here but I think +230 is fucking weird here.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Holloway out of fight against Edgar. I'm calling duck. He knows that there's a good chance of losing.

Load Metric
    at one point id be like 'naw thats not hollaway's style' but things being what they are, whose to say he's not just making a business decision and postponing the fight 6 months during which time he can continue to rake in sponsorship money and appearance fees.

Load Metric
    I like your initial response Sonatine, I really don't think that's Holloway's style. He took a more dangerous opponent in Aldo on super short notice and didn't complain at all. Training for MMA is super tough, at some point in a career nearly all these guys will get hurt and pull out of a fight.

The Edgar vs Holloway fight will still happen, there aren't any other huge paydays down the line for Holloway. He either fights Edgar now or he fights him later.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    I like your initial response Sonatine, I really don't think that's Holloway's style. He took a more dangerous opponent in Aldo on super short notice and didn't complain at all. Training for MMA is super tough, at some point in a career nearly all these guys will get hurt and pull out of a fight.

The Edgar vs Holloway fight will still happen, there aren't any other huge paydays down the line for Holloway. He either fights Edgar now or he fights him later.

again not that im like advocating that position that hollaway is playing it up, but id be a lot more certain he wasnt if conor mcgregor never happened.

he made a lot of people feel stupid for not treating mma like a cash game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

again not that im like advocating that position that hollaway is playing it up, but id be a lot more certain he wasnt if conor mcgregor never happened.

he made a lot of people feel stupid for not treating mma like a cash game.
    No doubt staying champ would have perks. The UFC needs to start stripping these guys ruthlessly, 6 months to defend or check with a UFC doctor.

Sounds like Ortega vs Edgar might be the new fight. Ortega is so fucking slick on the ground but hard to see him beating Edgar. I see a one sided decision in that fight.

Load Metric
    imo if you dont show up for a title fight you signed a contract for, you lose the belt until you take it back from the guy who did his job.

Load Metric
    Are we really talking about Holloway ducking Edgar?

That's just silly considering they were already booked to fight & Edgar pulled out at basically the last minute & he fought Aldo again & kicked the living fuck out of him who had kicked the living fuck out of Edgar in the very recent past.

Holloway's confidence is at an all time high & see no way Edgar beats him. I realize it's MMA, & anything can happen with 1 well placed shot, but I just don't see Edgar being Holloway's kryptonite.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

That's just silly considering they were already booked to fight & Edgar pulled out at basically the last minute & he fought Aldo again & kicked the living fuck out of him who had kicked the living fuck out of Edgar in the very recent past.

Holloway's confidence is at an all time high & see no way Edgar beats him. I realize it's MMA, & anything can happen with 1 well placed shot, but I just don't see Edgar being Holloway's kryptonite.
    Pretty much how I feel. Also, considering he just fought in December, if he wanted to duck edgar for a while, he simply wouldn't have taken the fight 3 months after his last fight. He would have just taken a bunch of months off.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    The Brazilian begging for 50k after the fight was epic. Dana I need a new house, please. Lol

Load Metric
    he seems torn up about it

Load Metric
    Taking Golm -185

Taking Golm/Johnson under 2 rounds -120

Load Metric
    this tweet is a shot at conor. He's the cupcake with the shamrocks on top, Rita Ora is the hamburger (a reference to Artem Lobov calling her hamburger when Conor has steak at home), 'date night' and Royal Albert Hall complete the shot.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/07/conor-...ub-date-night/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    he seems torn up about it

Yeah, let's just turn the discussion here into another Sherdog where everybody is ducking everybody because grown men who step into an almost no rule fist fight in a cage are not as courageous as us people posting on a forum from the comfort of our living room.

JFC, just shut it the fuck down.

Comments

shortbuspoker: learn to do a proper post quote before you critique me
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    womens mma folks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    womens mma folks.
    Yup, ridiculous mismatch there.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    she beat up a janitor, why is she talking about championship runs.

Load Metric
    i was happy about there being a "showcase fight" for valentina, since it was clear she was gonna kill this chick, but the drawn-out bashing, on a show nobody is watching, ... Even the crowd wasn't making much noise during the fight. What can you say when you see that type of thing? Doesn't help anyone, other than the paychecks, and I know those are important.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 02-03-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Thread Information