Page 267 of 326 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Every PPV I look forward to ends up being disappointing.

UFC 221 will be off the rails excitement since I look at the card and am glad that I won't be around that evening.
    Yea that card is bad.

We got a juicer vs former champion who is full of himself in the main event and Mark Hunt old slow ass in co-main event. How exciting!

Cormier probably has 2 or 3 fights left in hi and hopefully he fights Gus next.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 01-20-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Every PPV I look forward to ends up being disappointing.

UFC 221 will be off the rails excitement since I look at the card and am glad that I won't be around that evening.
    Yea that card is bad.

We got a juicer vs former champion who is full of himself in the main event and Mark Hunt old slow ass in co-main event. How exciting!

if cormier fights jones, there is no reason to believe that he will win, and he will likely retire on the spot. and that can happen easily in the next 11 months.

if jones stays fucked off, cormier can stay competitive for years because there is exactly no striking talent in the division minus maybe gus and that random he fought tonight. and gus simply cant stay vertical long enough against cormier to make shit interesting.

also so we are clear mark hunt is god so suck out your momma.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Yea that card is bad.

if cormier fights jones, there is no reason to believe that he will win, and he will likely retire on the spot. and that can happen easily in the next 11 months.

if jones stays fucked off, cormier can stay competitive for years because there is exactly no striking talent in the division minus maybe gus and that random he fought tonight. and gus simply cant stay vertical long enough against cormier to make shit interesting.

The last fight with DC and Gus was an all time great fight at 205, very close decision but DC got it. I actually like Gus in the rematch. While DC win tonight he's nearly 40, I thought he looked a bit sloppy at times and Gus looked incredible his last performance.

Stipe vs Cain needs to happen at HW. I listened to the press conference last night and Stipe was asked about what you said, taking the belt from Dana and giving it to his coach to out on. He said 'I respect that man and he respects me, that's why I did that's pretty clear dig at Dana.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yea that card is bad.

Gus held his own the last time and has looked good in a lot of fights recently so who knows? Their aren't many other guys Cormier can fight except for Jones who will need to get lucky on his suspension being reduced. Even if that happens they shouldn't reward his cheating ass with a title fight right away but he will probably get it.

Cormier is aging well and says he's done by 40 but he's not the first fighter in mma/boxing to say this to continue on and certainly won't be the last.

If it were a UFC on Fox card Mark Hunt in a co main event is fine but not on a PPV. The only reason he is in that spot is because it's in Australia and the rest of the card sucks. He's 43 and slow but obviously still has that knockout power in such a weak heavyweight division with 4 or 5 fighters at the max that are relevant.

Load Metric
    Stipe is the most Cleveland guy ever.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    God damn Ngannou is a sloppy bar room fighter with amazing physical attributes. Glad to see Stipe win that. Cmoney, hope you made some good coin on that fight.

Thanks. I made out well but should have went with my instinct. I was about to fire more last minute but then second guessed myself that maybe this line was "too good to be true." I could tell Ngannou was done once i saw his face at the start of round 2. He really only has that one punch and his size going for him. I think there are a lot of fighters in the HW division that would pick him apart. Overeem got cocky, and mixed with a glass jaw, kept the hype train going.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    God damn Ngannou is a sloppy bar room fighter with amazing physical attributes. Glad to see Stipe win that. Cmoney, hope you made some good coin on that fight.

Thanks. I made out well but should have went with my instinct. I was about to fire more last minute but then second guessed myself that maybe this line was "too good to be true." I could tell Ngannou was done once i saw his face at the start of round 2. He really only has that one punch and his size going for him. I think there are a lot of fighters in the HW division that would pick him apart. Overeem got cocky, and mixed with a glass jaw, kept the hype train going.
    A freak of nature like Ngannou will take a lot of HW's out despite his lack of skill. Those heavier divisions are so light on talent. I think Cain mops Ngannou up but after that I can see Ngannou taking out the rest of the division. A Mark Hunt vs Ngannou fight would be a lot of fun.

Stipe said he could see that Ngannou lost his will in the first. Landed his best shots and didn't have him close to finished. He said exactly what you're saying, it was apparent on his face.

Load Metric

A freak of nature like Ngannou will take a lot of HW's out despite his lack of skill. Those heavier divisions are so light on talent. I think Cain mops Ngannou up but after that I can see Ngannou taking out the rest of the division. A Mark Hunt vs Ngannou fight would be a lot of fun.

Stipe said he could see that Ngannou lost his will in the first. Landed his best shots and didn't have him close to finished. He said exactly what you're saying, it was apparent on his face.

I agree . Or even Roy Nelson who has a retarded chin and swings for the fences. I think Junior Dos Santos would mop him as well. Any HW with boxing and ground game has a great shot. Stipe got tagged , but there were a lot of strikes he was able to dodge and i think the boxing had a lot to do with that. If they match him against someone like that next I will be all over it.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric

Gus held his own the last time and has looked good in a lot of fights recently so who knows? Their aren't many other guys Cormier can fight except for Jones who will need to get lucky on his suspension being reduced. Even if that happens they shouldn't reward his cheating ass with a title fight right away but he will probably get it.

Cormier is aging well and says he's done by 40 but he's not the first fighter in mma/boxing to say this to continue on and certainly won't be the last.

If it were a UFC on Fox card Mark Hunt in a co main event is fine but not on a PPV. The only reason he is in that spot is because it's in Australia and the rest of the card sucks. He's 43 and slow but obviously still has that knockout power in such a weak heavyweight division with 4 or 5 fighters at the max that are relevant.
    hunts last 5 are 3 ko wins, 1 ko loss, and 1 no-contest. on top of which he just penned an essay which said "im slurring speech and forgetting things but its cool because if i have to die, i want it to be in the ring" which literally got him booted off his last fight until the doctors could clear him, which they did so here we are. excuse me i think i have something in my eye.. oh god both of them.....

honestly i forgot how old cormier was when i said i expect him to be around for years, point taken, but i do feel like if we remove jones from the equation, cormier is going to take such little damage from the rest of the division that maybe, as you said, he just keeps on keeping on.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Did anybodyelse hear that comment from Rogan that Stipe is pushing for what would essentially be a Cruiserweight division in UFC @225lbs?? Seems like an interesting concept. Olympics top weight limit for Heavyweight is 275 so I could see if the Cruiserweight class were to come in they could raise the HWT limit to 275 (to match Olympics weight classes) or even 285 to match the current 60lb range they have for Hvywts between current 205 and 265 top end.. May not be a bad idea but with the new unified rules (passed in 2017 and which added some other weight classes which are beginning to turn MMA into boxing which is notorious for having so many weight classes and champions its kind of gotten ridiculous) the 265 limit may remain as it currently stands even if Cruiserweight is added at 225..

Load Metric
    i think there might be some great fights at cruiserweight.

Load Metric

hunts last 5 are 3 ko wins, 1 ko loss, and 1 no-contest. on top of which he just penned an essay which said "im slurring speech and forgetting things but its cool because if i have to die, i want it to be in the ring" which literally got him booted off his last fight until the doctors could clear him, which they did so here we are. excuse me i think i have something in my eye.. oh god both of them.....

honestly i forgot how old cormier was when i said i expect him to be around for years, point taken, but i do feel like if we remove jones from the equation, cormier is going to take such little damage from the rest of the division that maybe, as you said, he just keeps on keeping on.
    Apparently Dana White is trying to push for a Stipe vs DC superfight since the concern is Gus is really the only guy on the horizon to challenge DC (who he's already beaten previously) and Stipe really has nobodyelse other then maybe a return fight against Cain Velasquez leaving the possibility of them going up against each other after their fourth title defenses for each other.. Might be where we see a potential Cruiserweight catchweight as DC probably wouldn't have to cut much and Stipe was only barely 15lbs above that last night.. Not saying DC couldn't beat Stipe but the 6" height differential and the reach concerns me as that's been JBJ's kryptonite against DC in both fights they've met..

Load Metric
    its hard for me to imagine DC would ever consider that proposal in a literal million years.

he would lose and he's not struggling to make weight as it is.

Load Metric
    its hard for me to imagine DC would ever consider that proposal in a literal million years.

he would lose and he's not struggling to make weight as it is.
    DC says he wants the Stipe fight only if Cain isn't making a run for the HW title, if that's the case he stays at 205. He's essentially saying no.

Comments

sonatine: interesting

Load Metric
    What did stipe make off the fight last night ?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    What did stipe make off the fight last night ?
    His most recent disclosed pay was $600,000 per fight but he had a contract dispute with the UFC that was resolved. My guess is $700,000 to $800,000 plus 3-5% of ppv sales. I have no clue how many ppv's last night did, my guess is over 500k buys and under 700k. It was a good night for the Miocic family.

Comments

Tellafriend: ty

Load Metric
    Thought this was an excellent podcast from Joe Rogan.
    John Danaher explains things in a really awesome manner.
    Joe was really quiet for most of the show.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Thought this was an excellent podcast from Joe Rogan.
    John Danaher explains things in a really awesome manner.
    Joe was really quiet for most of the show.

That Danaher fella is a few cans short of a sixpack
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier set for champion vs. champion superfight at UFC 226, will also coach TUF

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/2...source=twitter

DJ vs. TJ and Cyborg vs. Nunes also discussed.

LOL at these divisions
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier set for champion vs. champion superfight at UFC 226, will also coach TUF

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/2...source=twitter

DJ vs. TJ and Cyborg vs. Nunes also discussed.

LOL at these divisions
    Damn good fights, what a fucking card that will be. Who cares about the divisions, it's better when guys bounce around and make the biggest fights. I imagine if Cormier wins he will vacate and let Cain have his opportunity.

Thread Information