Page 257 of 326 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    They must have drilled that a lot, just perfect. I'm also not a far if Sterling so happy to see it.

Load Metric
    by the by, regarding stipe's line, it was +160 2 days ago and is now +145.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Over $40m is Meltzer's answer to how much UFC made on the boxing match.

MP3 file: http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/wac7ner8q5/MayMcQ.mp3

Comments

sonatine:

Load Metric
    White says McGregor under contract to the UFC and can't box without them on board. Threatens to sue Pacquiao.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12/1...oxing-mma-news

Load Metric
    Ok am I the only one that watched Fight Night out of Winnipeg tonight?? I would've at least expected some commentary on RDAs ass whoopin he put on Robbie Lawler now.. Gotta admit I was a bit surprised somehow thought Lawler would've beaten him..
    Also Teixeira was back to kicking ass and taking names again it seems..

Also I believe after the fiasco with Menga ending up in the hospital 6lbs over the limit he will likely be told nicely he's welcome in UFC but he will be moved to bantamweight from flyweight.. Dude has an impressive record at 13-0 so Im sure they'll like to have him fight but since they are clamping down on weight cutting issues with guys ending up in the hospital this case looks clear as day that if he wants to fight in UFC itll have to be at 135.. Too bad because I thought he might just give MightyMouse some issues if they met..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    White says McGregor under contract to the UFC and can't box without them on board. Threatens to sue Pacquiao.

conor confirmed tonight his net fight will be mma, not boxing.

i gotta assume ferg or maybe even woodley?

either of those fights would be fucking insane, btw. id go with the current belt holder in both cases. ferg can wait for conor to gas then td->bows at pretty much any of the last 10 minutes, and conor's hittability is going to do him no favors with woodley. honestly i think woodley legit crumples him in the first or second round.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    MORE LIKE THE JEWFC WE SEE YOU GOYS

Load Metric
    money still going on francis but honestly, i still expect a big swing towards stipe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

conor confirmed tonight his net fight will be mma, not boxing.

i gotta assume ferg or maybe even woodley?

either of those fights would be fucking insane, btw. id go with the current belt holder in both cases. ferg can wait for conor to gas then td->bows at pretty much any of the last 10 minutes, and conor's hittability is going to do him no favors with woodley. honestly i think woodley legit crumples him in the first or second round.
    GSP camp starting to make noise about the McGregor fight. I still think that is next.

What's the Ngannou vs Stipe line at now?

Load Metric
    What's the Ngannou vs Stipe line at now?
    -170/+160 at 5dimes

Load Metric
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    dana's been talking about how floyd mayweather has been in negotiations to fight in the cage. someone apparently saw fit to confirm this with floyd who basically responded 'lol no.'

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    dana's been talking about how floyd mayweather has been in negotiations to fight in the cage. someone apparently saw fit to confirm this with floyd who basically responded 'lol no.'
    Hard to say who is telling the truth here. Guys use each other for media attention all the time in the fight game. I think its more likely Dana is telling the truth (or a version closer to the truth). Floyd is trying to stay relevant and got into talks with the UFC with no real plans to follow through. Dana said he's on board and truly wants to make a deal and Floyd backs away. Floyd gets murdered in the UFC by every man on the roster and likely some of the women.

Floyd will fight again at some point I believe. He's terrible with money and so far a failure as a promotor, he's also addicted to the lime light. As well any insiders willing to talk about it say Floyd grossly exaggerates his earnings. His recent tax issues make his financial situation seem uncomfortable.

Regarding GSP vs McGregor, Chael Sonnen brought up some interesting points. He said the UFC has a tough decision, clearly this is the biggest fight the UFC will ever make but Conor needs to defend the 155lb strap and stop making a mockery of being champ. He also believes the GSP vs McGregor fight needs to happen now because if Conor loses to Tony the GSP vs McGregor fight loses some appeal.

The path to the GSP vs McGregor fight according to Sonnen. McGregor vacate the title and fight GSP this spring. Win or lose give him an immediate title shot after that fight at 145 or 155, McGregor's choice.

For all you MMA fans Chael puts our great content on YouTube called 'Chael Sonnen - Beyond the Fight'.

Load Metric
    honestly it seems totally likely that floyd pretended be interested in a reciprocal cage match in order to keep dana on the hook for the easiest money he ever made, then dropped all the pretense once he retired.

agreed that we will probably see him fight again, but i think he would fight a fucking klitschko brother before he accepted an octogon fight.

Load Metric
    Any of you interested in betting on the Holm vs Cyborg fight. I think Holm might have the skill set to beat Cyborg. She's big enough and has great foot work to pick away from the outside and work her way to a decision. If the fight was even money I'd bet on Cyborg but Holm has a real shot in this one.

Load Metric
    Any of you interested in betting on the Holm vs Cyborg fight. I think Holm might have the skill set to beat Cyborg. She's big enough and has great foot work to pick away from the outside and work her way to a decision. If the fight was even money I'd bet on Cyborg but Holm has a real shot in this one.

I agree. I wish I waited but put 10k on Holm at +280. The lines seems to have gone up since then to 300s but is really all over the place depending on the sports book that is used.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

I agree. I wish I waited but put 10k on Holm at +280. The lines seems to have gone up since then to 300s but is really all over the place depending on the sports book that is used.
    Nice, I think it's a good bet.

Interesting article on how well the UFC did last year and that their revenue is driven by world wide tv contracts, not ppv. Without selling a single ppv all year the business is still profitable and expected to only get better as they renegotiate their TV deals.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc-f...come-surprise/

Load Metric
    How disappointing, looks like we are not going to see Gabi Garcia fight a 53 year old professional wrestler. At least Gabi reassured us that's she's just a normal girl.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/gabi-...rizin-apology/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

12/27/17 11:38pm $80.00 $1,085.60 Pending 12/30/17 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1037 Holm wins by TKO/KO +1357* vs Any other result

ONE TIME

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd take Holm in a decision if I were to punt IMO....I think its the only way she wins.

I can't bet against Wanderlei Silva in a dress, tho.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information