Page 256 of 326 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Sure he could land one monster punch and put him to sleep.....but he has to land that punch.

<insert a large list of heavyweight fighters who were the next best thing only to get rocked>

yeah , Stipe seems like an amazing value here. Lock of year - Stipe becomes the favorite before the fight starts. Load up now on value while you can.

lol @ 5dimes locking me down to $250 max at +160.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Looks like Pacquiao vs McGregor has some legs and could happen. I hope it does and I think Pac murders him. Then McGregor can either retire or get back to MMA. A real serious MMA talent is turning himself into a bit of a clown.

Sonnen also like Miocic against Ngannou. Good clean boxing as well as an excellent wrestler. He said the same thing we are saying, Ngannou can knock anyone out but everyone is getting ahead of themselves.

Cmoney, do you think more money will pour in on Stipe as we get closer to the fight? I think the opposite. The UFC hyped machine is fully behind Ngannou and I think more money will come in on him as the UFC starts to promote this fight. I am not a betting expert by any means so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Load Metric
    why wouldnt pac or even dlh destroy him?

i mean honestly.

the best conors going to do against either of them is drop the last 8 rounds and finish on his feet.

also i think we are approaching kind of a soft-deadline with regards to him returning to mma. at some point, the boxing camp and downtime are going to rewire him to a point where hes physically unable to step in a cage with confidence, even if somehow he gets enough money to stay interested.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    at what point does conor say FU to the ufc and negotiate his own boxing deal? I can't imagine he'll be cool with them taking a big number from his non-mma stuff much longer, if any longer at all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    at what point does conor say FU to the ufc and negotiate his own boxing deal? I can't imagine he'll be cool with them taking a big number from his non-mma stuff much longer, if any longer at all.
    I think he's still contractually obligated to the UFC. I don't think he can give them the FU and go out on his own. Apparently UFC's biggest payday last year was the McGregor vs Mayweather fight. I imagine if McGregor was able to tell them to beat it he would have and taken their piece of the fight for himself.

Once again it's not something I'm an expert it but when the initial talks of the McGregor vs Mayweather fight happened Dana White stated McGregor is under contract and cannot do this fight without them.

Load Metric
    how much did the ufc get out of his purse against mayweather?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I'll try to find out, but I think it was in the $30m range. It was a huge reason why the UFC could claim this as their most profitable year.

Load Metric
    fucking incredible.

they created a golem, definitely.

Load Metric

I'll try to find out, but I think it was in the $30m range. It was a huge reason why the UFC could claim this as their most profitable year.
    Yeah 30m disclosed plus some % of the ppv.

Load Metric
    fucking incredible.

they created a golem, definitely.
    going back thru old Observers, Meltzer said if Dana's original quote of 6.4 worldwide was true, they'd have been over $50m. They landed at 4.6m buys or so, so probably raked in low $40m's? I'd guess. With almost no expenses.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

30m disclosed was McGregor's guaranteed cut. I don't think UFC's guarantee was that high.

Load Metric

30m disclosed was McGregor's guaranteed cut. I don't think UFC's guarantee was that high.
    That makes more sense. So likely 30-40m all in.

Load Metric
    I think McGregor vs Pacquiao also does serious numbers. I don't think the average sports fan knows how easily Mayweather clowned McGregor so he walked away with some unearned boxing legitimacy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Solid fight on right now Morales/Lopez

Load Metric
    Can't bring myself to watch this card.

So there likely will be some amazing fights.

Load Metric
    I think McGregor vs Pacquiao also does serious numbers. I don't think the average sports fan knows how easily Mayweather clowned McGregor so he walked away with some unearned boxing legitimacy.
    I disagree. I'm a causal fan. I watched the m v m fight. Now that it's done, couldn't care less about seeing another similar one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Manny Pacquiao vs. Conor McGregor

Manny Pacquiao -380 (5/19)
    Conor McGregor +300 (3/1)

Manny Pacquiao vs. Conor McGregor

Over 9.5 rounds +120 (6/5)
    Under 9.5 rounds -155 (20/31)

Pacquiao vs. McGregor could be huge in the Asian market, altho it will do no where near what MayMac did
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    I disagree. I'm a causal fan. I watched the m v m fight. Now that it's done, couldn't care less about seeing another similar one.
    I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way, but that fight still will sell a pile of ppv's.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way, but that fight still will sell a pile of ppv's.
    yeah, it doesn't have to do in the 4 million buy range to make crazy money. 2 mil would already be the 5th biggest of all time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information