Page 254 of 326 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    holloway is such a garbage person.
    He seems like a decent enough guy. Not too bright but nice and classy. What don't you like about him?

Load Metric
    Aldo will go up to 155lbs now. I think he will have a decent run there, not many guys as skilled and sharp as Holloway up there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    everyone always says 'oh its time for such and such to retire' but a) the new crop of fighters are trash and b) niggas do have bills to pay.
    Aldo is one of my favorite all time fighters and it pains me to see him do this to himself. Sorry but it's time for him to go. Dan Henderson was another one of my favorites who stuck around too long but Aldo won't be fighting in his early 40s and probably not past mid 30s either. He had so many injuries in his career but he still owns Frankie Edgar.

Younger fighters in smaller weight classes will obv have significant speed advantage and conditioning so it's harder to stay relevant as you get older, especially if you get plagued with a ton of injuries in your career.

Aldo ran this weight class for a long time but he's not getting back to the top. He should have plenty of money the guy is a legend in Brazil and will be able to make a lot after he retires staying in the sport doing other things. Get out at the right time and live a healthier life afterwards before you really hurt yourself imo but don't worry he will stay around they all do.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    everyone always says 'oh its time for such and such to retire' but a) the new crop of fighters are trash and b) niggas do have bills to pay.
    Aldo is one of my favorite all time fighters and it pains me to see him do this to himself. Sorry but it's time for him to go. Dan Henderson was another one of my favorites who stuck around too long but Aldo won't be fighting in his early 40s and probably not past mid 30s either. He had so many injuries in his career but he still owns Frankie Edgar.

Younger fighters in smaller weight classes will obv have significant speed advantage and conditioning so it's harder to stay relevant as you get older, especially if you get plagued with a ton of injuries in your career.

Aldo ran this weight class for a long time but he's not getting back to the top. He should have plenty of money the guy is a legend in Brazil and will be able to make a lot after he retires staying in the sport doing other things. Get out at the right time and live a healthier life afterwards before you really hurt yourself imo but don't worry he will stay around they all do.
    I think he has some good fights in him at 155lbs. He always had cardio issues but these weight cuts get tougher as guys get older and Aldo has nothing left after a couple of rounds. I really think he has a run in him at 155lbs. I think he tears guys like Gaethje and Alvarez up. Holloway is just a special fighter. Super technical with short accurate punches and he's born to fight. He never takes his eyes off his opponent, even when being hit. There's nobody like him at 155.

Load Metric
    Pretty sure Aldo gets murked @ 155. If he'd start throwing kicks again he'd stand a chance but I've totally given up that notion. It's not gonna happen, he's done.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Pretty sure Aldo gets murked @ 155. If he'd start throwing kicks again he'd stand a chance but I've totally given up that notion. It's not gonna happen, he's done.
    McGregor was right when he came up from 145 and said all the guys at 155 are slow and sloppy. They really are, even Aldo in this fight looks way more polished and sharp than guys like Gaethje and Alvarez. I don't think he wins a title, I think Ferguson is a real problem for Aldo but I think Aldo destroys all but the top few guys at 155.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    McGregor was right when he came up from 145 and said all the guys at 155 are slow and sloppy. They really are, even Aldo in this fight looks way more polished and sharp than guys like Gaethje and Alvarez. I don't think he wins a title, I think Ferguson is a real problem for Aldo but I think Aldo destroys all but the top few guys at 155.
    Again, he has a decent chance IF he uses his whole arsenal & brings the leg kicks back old school. I will believe that when I see it because without them he stands ZERO chance against all the top guys @ 155.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    holloway is such a garbage person.
    He seems like a decent enough guy. Not too bright but nice and classy. What don't you like about him?
    He's Hawaiian

Load Metric
    Aldo will go up to 155lbs now. I think he will have a decent run there, not many guys as skilled and sharp as Holloway up there.

there was a reason why he didnt before, i think its because he refused to face barao because brazilian gym mates or something.

but yeah barao looks to have ridden off into the sunset so fuck it, have a ball aldo.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

there was a reason why he didnt before, i think its because he refused to face barao because brazilian gym mates or something.

but yeah barao looks to have ridden off into the sunset so fuck it, have a ball aldo.
    I don't think Barao has ever fought at 155lbs but I could be wrong. He was 135lb champ then moved up to 145. Aldo has always been champ or in title contention so it's probably been hard to leave that. There's no reason for him to stay at 145 now, he's not beating Holloway.

Comments

sonatine: 90%+ sure youre right, disregard.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ngannou opens as -160 fav over Stipe

prob still take Ngannou lol
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Ngannou opens as -160 fav over Stipe

prob still take Ngannou lol
    I think Stipe has a good shot in this one. Ngannou obviously can knock anyone out but he's still sloppy as hell at times and Stipe is accurate with KO power. Really looking forward to this fight and I think it will also get Stipe the contract he's been looking for. The UFC will want to make this fight soon.

Load Metric
    stipe via composure and footwork.

Comments

OSA: so much this

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    stipe via composure and footwork.
    This is what I like about Stipe as well. When things get crazy he is calm and keeps his eyes on his opponent and fires accurate shots. Ngannou is a guy that can knock anyone out but I think Stipe is going to find his chin and we will know if Ngannou can take a shot.

Load Metric
    Ngannou has looked absolutely brilliant against semi retired trash cans.

Not trying to take that from him.

Load Metric
    FUCK RACIST

Bet the farm on Nganou

If you have any doubts, watch stipes last fight followed by Nganous knock out.......easy fucking money, IF it happens...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    FUCK RACIST

Bet the farm on Nganou

If you have any doubts, watch stipes last fight followed by Nganous knock out.......easy fucking money, IF it happens...
    This logic rarely holds up in MMA, too much variance and styles make fights. The fight will definitely happen, Stipe isn't dodging anyone.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    via The Observer:

"Jason “Mayhem” Miller, 36, who last fought in 2016 when he missed weight for a fight in Italy by 21 pounds, pleaded guilty to domestic violence regarding charges with three different women between 2015 and 2017. Miller was charged with five counts of felony domestic violence in September as well as one felony count of vandalizing a girlfriend’s car and house according to TMZ. He also was charged with two misdemeanor violations for damaging two girlfriend’s cell phones when they attempted to call the police. He at first was fighting the charges, but reached a plea bargain agreement where he pled to corporal injury to a spouse/cohabitant and the other charges were dropped, and he wouldn’t have to serve time. He was sentenced to three years probation and given a four year suspended sentence. If he has another incident he’ll have to serve the four years. He had served 62 days in jail since being taken in. He also will be regularly tested for drugs and alcohol and a positive test would also result in a probation violation and serving time. "

He'll fail a test soon enough, sadly.

Thread Information