Page 247 of 326 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    like really, i feel like we are only talking about this because cody caught retarded and flipped for rolls HU with tj.

dj doesnt seem prone to stupidity or hubris.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    like really, i feel like we are only talking about this because cody caught retarded and flipped for rolls HU with tj.

DJ has improved a lot since his fight with Cruz. I like TJ in that fight, I think he wrestle fucks him to a decision. You might be right though, I wouldn't bet on the fight. DJ is much faster and smart as hell. DJ is also a very small 125lber. He could easily fight at 115 if there was a decision.

Garbrandt always stands in the pocket and throws bombs, this last fight may help him think a little more. Last night's event kicked ass, brought some much needed interest back to the UFC. So many possibilities for matchups and fights that weren't there 2 nights ago.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Here's to when TJ weighs in next time, the towel slips.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

DJ has improved a lot since his fight with Cruz. I like TJ in that fight, I think he wrestle fucks him to a decision. You might be right though, I wouldn't bet on the fight. DJ is much faster and smart as hell. DJ is also a very small 125lber. He could easily fight at 115 if there was a decision.

Garbrandt always stands in the pocket and throws bombs, this last fight may help him think a little more. Last night's event kicked ass, brought some much needed interest back to the UFC. So many possibilities for matchups and fights that weren't there 2 nights ago.

yeah tjs wrestling cant be ignored, especially since hes used to manhandling people like 30% heavier than dj. plus, low my opinion of tj might be, has dj faced anyone on that level? like literally ever?

i still think dj gets a rd 1 tko here but there are certainly paths to victory for tj if he can take this fight to the fence/floor, agreed.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: sides of my sides' sides

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Opening odds for a potential Georges St-Pierre vs Conor McGregor bout (via Bovada):
    GSP -150
    McGregor +120
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Opening odds for a potential Georges St-Pierre vs Conor McGregor bout (via Bovada):
    GSP -150
    McGregor +120
    The slow build up to this potential fight begins. Freddy Roach said that's the fight he wants GSP to take recently in an interview.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    GSP -150
    McGregor +120
    The slow build up to this potential fight begins. Freddy Roach said that's the fight he wants GSP to take recently in an interview.
    It's a good matchup for GSP. As long as he avoids the KO he will win.

He saw what Diaz did and wants some of that.....and might as well cash in for 10 mill while he's at it.

Load Metric
    guys.... conor is going to literally beat the flesh off gsp's skull.

its going to be that 2nd round knockdown in his second fight against diaz over and over for as long as it takes for gsp to not get back up.

i love you guys, youre great, but you need to write your congressmen to never let this fight happen. gsp was borderline fishdancing around the cage in rd2, thats how gassed he was.

besides, conor's team has started seeding social media with interest posts about Conor v Mayweather 2 so this issue is probably moot.

Load Metric
    I think it's a hell of a good matchup for GSP. His cardio did look spotty at 185 but Conors cardio is fucking horrible every fight that goes past 1 round. Probably better to hold off on matchup discussion until the fight is accounced.

I pray Mayweather vs McGregor 2 doesn't happen. The first one was fun but it wasn't competitive and Floyd is right to call it a heist. If McGregor cares about his MMA legacy he will start defending his belt against legitimate contenders.

Load Metric
    i think conor cares about becoming a billionaire, and i think the ufc doesnt want to give him copromotion because thats a hell of a can of worms to open. so really, he might try for another boxing matchup, if not with floyd than with some other retired burger.

ill say this much, gsp beat bisping because he was the smarter fighter. and if he can get a takedown on conor early in rd 1, who knows where he can ride that to.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i think conor cares about becoming a billionaire, and i think the ufc doesnt want to give him copromotion because thats a hell of a can of worms to open. so really, he might try for another boxing matchup, if not with floyd than with some other retired burger.

ill say this much, gsp beat bisping because he was the smarter fighter. and if he can get a takedown on conor early in rd 1, who knows where he can ride that to.
    Its no can of worms at all because the UFC will NEVER again have a star even close to conors popularity.
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

Its no can of worms at all because the UFC will NEVER again have a star even close to conors popularity.
    He's the only irreplaceable star the UFC has ever had. They've happily told everyone else to take a hike when their demands get too crazy, Conor is one of a kind.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

He's the only irreplaceable star the UFC has ever had. They've happily told everyone else to take a hike when their demands get too crazy, Conor is one of a kind.
    Meh

So was Silva
    So was GSP
    So was Jones
    So was Liddell

They come they go. Eventually they get old and you can't fight forever.

Comments

sonatine: voice of reason alert

Load Metric
    and if lesnar had faded that liver shot from horsemeat, he'd be on the list as well.

not only is conor not unique, he's also damaged goods on the other side of his prime.

that floyd fight did him no favors at all and the world is a long way from forgetting that nate diaz outboxed him and choked him out.

and btw apparently he's penciled in to face ferg next month (!!!). he better win that fight in the first few minutes, because if he doesnt, i expect him to get elbowed into oblivion and probably retire in the ring if he can convince rogan to give him some mic time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Meh

So was Silva
    So was GSP
    So was Jones
    So was Liddell

They come they go. Eventually they get old and you can't fight forever.
    The ppv numbers Conor pulls say otherwise. McGregor is their biggest star ever by a long shot. Silva never sold that well, neither has Jones. GSP was steady but never near the draw that Conor is. The only 2 that have been close are Rousey and Lesnar. Even then Conor is responsible for the 4 of the 5 largest ppv numbers the UFC has ever put up.

https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-...w-buys-buyrate

Load Metric
    I agree if GSP can avoid the big one and can get to the ground, he wins.

As far as giving Connor a piece of the business bwahahahahahaha I think a NFL team owner said it best a week ago, you don't let the inmates run the prison.

Connor may be popular still but as soon as he goes 3 L's in a row, game over. He is literally always a year away from being a wash up. And not taking MMA serious or his belts shows a lot of disrespect to his fellow fighters who deserve chances and fans, well the smart fans.

On a personal note this odd female like clothing obsession is disturbing, I think the gals for show.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

As far as giving Connor a piece of the business bwahahahahahaha I think a NFL team owner said it best a week ago, you don't let the inmates run the prison.

Connor may be popular still but as soon as he goes 2-3 L's in a row, game over. He is literally always a year away from being a wash up. And not taking MMA serious or his belts shows a lot of disrespect to his fellow fighters who deserve chances and fans, well the smart fans.
    I agree with all this, I don't think he's going to get equity in the company but he can and has already made demands the UFC would never consider from another fighter.

I also believe he's completely overrated as an MMA fighter. He's got dangerous power but he has no cardio and he doesn't fight well under adverse conditions. His star power will fade as he gets in there with the best competition consistently.

None of this matters right now, today. The numbers he pulls are so far ahead of what anyone else ever has that he really is bargaining from a unique position the UFC has never faced. Names like Liddell, Jones and Silva are hilariously behind the numbers Conor pulls, they are generally half at best and often a third of McGregor's ppv buy rates.

Load Metric

Connor may be popular still but as soon as he goes 2-3 L's in a row, game over. He is literally always a year away from being a wash up. And not taking MMA serious or his belts shows a lot of disrespect to his fellow fighters who deserve chances and fans, well the smart fans.
    I agree with all this, I don't think he's going to get equity in the company but he can and has already made demands the UFC would never consider from another fighter.

I also believe he's completely overrated as an MMA fighter. He's got dangerous power but he has no cardio and he doesn't fight well under adverse conditions. His star power will fade as he gets in there with the best competition consistently.

None of this matters right now, today. The numbers he pulls are so far ahead of what anyone else ever has that he really is bargaining from a unique position the UFC has never faced. Names like Liddell, Jones and Silva are hilariously behind the numbers Conor pulls, they are generally half at best and often a third of McGregor's ppv buy rates.

Consider, however, that has not fought in the UFC for _a fucking year_ and the ppv numbers for their last event were insane.

On top of which, Conor might be running out of belt contenders/holders he can beat.

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece: tru dat

Load Metric

Turns out the fight show isn't much different than other industry like acting, singing etc. The best do not always get the credit they deserve and popularity with it. A lot of better men have fought and haven't gotten the attention simply because Connor marketed himself the likes MMA has never seen. Goes to show how well you capitalize on a win is more important than who, how or why you got it.

Props for what he has done should come more from a marketing stand point than his actual fighting ability.

Thread Information