Page 214 of 326 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Honestly if Max beats Aldo im going to have some sand in my vulva over it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    There is no way Max loses this fight, back up the truck boys

Comments

Hockey Guy: Nostradamus rep.
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

This this the worst PPV card i can remember. A fake champion is the main and a bunch of no namers/washed up has beens filling in the middle.

I hate when they put chicks no one gives a shit about on the main card but it is worse right before the main.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

This this the worst PPV card i can remember. A fake champion is the main and a bunch of no namers/washed up has beens filling in the middle.

I hate when they put chicks no one gives a shit about on the main card but it is worse right before the main.
    card is headlined by what might end up being fight of the year, but sure, talk about fake belts. I guess until Conor defends at 145 we should just close down the division, huh?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

card is headlined by what might end up being fight of the year, but sure, talk about fake belts. I guess until Conor defends at 145 we should just close down the division, huh?
    Not at all . But why even have a champion belt at all for someone that didnt earn it? Just make number 1 and 2 ranked fight and then declare a champion.

Load Metric
    Just make number 1 and 2 ranked fight and then declare a champion.
    Don't know if you've noticed or not, but that's kinda exactly what is happening tonight, so maybe the fake belt talk is kinda silly? Or I guess you can still call it fake until about midnight, when it meets your standards again.

You don't have to like how they handled everything up until now, but to deny that tonight is a legit title fight between the 2 best fighters in the division is half retarded.

Load Metric
    Just make number 1 and 2 ranked fight and then declare a champion.
    Don't know if you've noticed or not, but that's kinda exactly what is happening tonight, so maybe the fake belt talk is kinda silly? Or I guess you can still call it fake until about midnight, when it meets your standards again.

You don't have to like how they handled everything up until now, but to deny that tonight is a legit title fight between the 2 best fighters in the division is half retarded.
    Yes, I prefer to call it fake until the outcome tonight since it is even more silly to call Jose Aldo the current Featherweight champion since it was given to him.

I never denied tonight was a legit title fight. It completely is legit. My only point is that Jose Aldo should not have been gifted the championship belt. One should be the interim champion and the other should have no title .

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Aldo is a man who annoyed me with all his injuries but the guy didn't lose for nearly 10 years and finally did in the most fluke way possible.

He did beat Edgar for the interim belt and it's not his fault McGregor is too big to fight again, which annoys me a bit because we didn't get to see shit with that fluke finish.

Jose injuries were another problem too but what other option did UFC have here with the featherweight division?

Shut down the division for a few years while McGregor is exploring all his options?

It is what it is.

Aldo is a man who annoyed me with all his injuries but the guy won 18 straight fights and didn't lose for nearly 10 years before the fluke finish to Conor leaving us wondering how the fight would have played out.

I am intrigued by the fight tonight with Max but not much else of this card. With that said some events that don't seem to be stacked have surprised us in the past.

Load Metric
    its aldo v max tacked onto a UFN card. anyone paying for this is part of the problem.

i was stoked about pettis v max because i wanted to learn things about max under pressure, and pettis himself admitted he wasnt in the ring that night.

aldo put a beating on edgar the likes of which i havent seen happen in ages, so emotionally i feel like aldo will do fine, but intellectually ... max is a huge question mark, and nothing about edgar translates into max's physique, style, so on.

so yeah say what you will about the rest of the card, max v aldo is going to answer some questions for me i expect.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    its aldo v max tacked onto a UFN card. anyone paying for this is part of the problem.

i was stoked about pettis v max because i wanted to learn things about max under pressure, and pettis himself admitted he wasnt in the ring that night.

aldo put a beating on edgar the likes of which i havent seen happen in ages, so emotionally i feel like aldo will do fine, but intellectually ... max is a huge question mark, and nothing about edgar translates into max's physique, style, so on.

so yeah say what you will about the rest of the card, max v aldo is going to answer some questions for me i expect.
    the Aldo beating Edgar aint the same man fighting Max

back up the truck
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

why do you believe this to be true? He totally outclassed Frankie in his last fight, and both men were better in that fight than they were the first time they fought. There really doesn't seem to be any evidence at all that Aldo has lost anything. Add that to the fact that pretty much every leg kick thrown at Max ever has found its target, and Max is facing a huge uphill battle here.

Add to that the fact this thing is in Rio. I hope holloway wins, I love the guy, but his style doesn't exactly strike me as the type to beat Jose here and now. He doesn't even have a reach advantage even being a few inches taller.

Load Metric

why do you believe this to be true? He totally outclassed Frankie in his last fight, and both men were better in that fight than they were the first time they fought. There really doesn't seem to be any evidence at all that Aldo has lost anything. Add that to the fact that pretty much every leg kick thrown at Max ever has found its target, and Max is facing a huge uphill battle here.

Add to that the fact this thing is in Rio. I hope holloway wins, I love the guy, but his style doesn't exactly strike me as the type to beat Jose here and now. He doesn't even have a reach advantage even being a few inches taller.

the man lives in the middle of one of the great salmon runs on earth but has yet to post a single picture of him catching them and you want logic?

GROW THE FUCK UP CROWE.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: tough but fair rep

Load Metric
    Apart from Adamant, I don't get any real consensus here for the betters among us. What say you ? Signed, a real degen

Load Metric
    I legit think Aldo is going to kick one of Max's legs off but not enough to lay legit heavy action on it.

Load Metric
    I legit think Aldo is going to kick one of Max's legs off but not enough to lay legit heavy action on it.
    maybe both legs.

Insane to bet against Aldo in the main event in Rio, IMO. Aldo or nothing.

If you want a very live dog, I'd go with the good old King of Pancrase in the ex-TRT (and all the other roids) fight of the night against Vitor.

Load Metric
    ok, thanks guys! I think...

Load Metric
    Erick Silva is my hail mary bet tonight.

I like Yancey just fine but Silva should be able to grind out a w here. For Yancey to win, he will have to put in the best fight of his life.

And he totally could, make no mistake, but I think Silva has a very reasonable edge here.

That said, all the late money has been going on Yancey so what the fuck do I know...

Load Metric
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    look at how heavy on his feet max is when he's in the pocket.

100 times out of 100 aldo is going to weave laterally and take a piece of max's calve with him.

Thread Information