Page 202 of 326 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    this is a weirdly hard fight to pick..
    Agreed!

If St Pierre is 85% of his old self I think he wins but wtf knows how we will be with a 3.5 to 4 year layoff before the fight happens.

Load Metric
    If he is allin (which I don't believe he would come back if he wasnt) I'm taking GSP.

But odd fight choice for him. If he loses does he start going for big fights only? If he wins does he fight Silva (many years too late) for the belt?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    If he is allin (which I don't believe he would come back if he wasnt) I'm taking GSP.

But odd fight choice for him. If he loses does he start going for big fights only? If he wins does he fight Silva (many years too late) for the belt?
    If gsp wins, he should next fight Wonderboy/Woodley winner for ww belt. Two title man, he'd then fight Macgregor in mega fight. If g can make 155, perhaps he becomes first 3 weightclass champ.

Imo

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Agreed!

If St Pierre is 85% of his old self I think he wins but wtf knows how we will be with a 3.5 to 4 year layoff before the fight happens.

bisping is such a thoroughbred dream smasher and makes very, very few mistakes. hes not a good fighter but hes great at not being awful. plus he's no koscheck, gsp cant just tee off on his orbital bone for 25 minutes for yucks.

and gsp arguably lost his last fight against a very sloppy looking hendricks.

also this is a weird weight class for him.

and bisping's greatest strength is arguably slithering out of takedowns, which is arguably gsp's strongest card.

so yeah im going to say bisping takes this because i doubt gsp is showing up at 85% of his old self when he wasnt even 85% of his old self in his last fight. and ill put money on that because if i lose, fuck it, at least i get to see bisping lose in the process.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    3 minutes for GSP to find out that he can't outstrike Bisping then 22 minutes of constant GSP takedowns immediately followed by Bisping popping back up after taking no damage. the wet blanket by UD

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Agreed!

If St Pierre is 60% of his old self I think he wins but wtf knows how we will be with a 3.5 to 4 year layoff before the fight happens.

FYP.
    Last edited by OSA; 03-01-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Agreed!

bisping is such a thoroughbred dream smasher and makes very, very few mistakes. hes not a good fighter but hes great at not being awful. plus he's no koscheck, gsp cant just tee off on his orbital bone for 25 minutes for yucks.

and bisping's greatest strength is arguably slithering out of takedowns, which is arguably gsp's strongest card.

so yeah im going to say bisping takes this because i doubt gsp is showing up at 85% of his old self when he wasnt even 85% of his old self in his last fight. and ill put money on that because if i lose, fuck it, at least i get to see bisping lose in the process.
    Guy took off 4 years in his prime. Voluntarily. Maybe the aliens told him. Who knows.

BUT, you don't just do that and your last fight be expected to be 100% esp against a then roided out Hendricks. I think Bisping is getting subbed. Bisping is manufactured hype and will crumble.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

The old UFC strategy, as far as retaining fighters went, was to re-sign them before they ever hit the end of their contract. The new UFC strategy is that, short of proven moneymakers, everyone fights out their deal. They're not cutting most of these guys. For the most part, they're just not re-signing them right away.

so not to say this argues your point, but apparently the numbers they wanted to resign were totally out of step with what the new regime is offering.

non-zero chance bellator reaches some talent parity with the ufc soon once all these prospects mature.
    Misha Cirkunov resigns with the UFC.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I took Ferguson when it moved to +160 on Bovada yesterday after it was revealed by Luke Thomas that during his interview during media day that it seemed Khabib had a hard time making the cut, and he looked hagged yesterday.

Welp, he missed weight today, and the fight is now off because according to Khabib's dad, he is in the hospital (due to the cut I assume).

That's two interim belts that got fucked over due to weight cutting in the last 3 mths lol
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    fucking joke.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Guy took off 4 years in his prime. Voluntarily. Maybe the aliens told him. Who knows.

BUT, you don't just do that and your last fight be expected to be 100% esp against a then roided out Hendricks. I think Bisping is getting subbed. Bisping is manufactured hype and will crumble.
    gsp didnt take 4 years off, he fucking retired because the USADA writing was on the wall. and now hes back because spending money and banging his boyfriend gets boring i guess.

and btw now hes showing up with 10% more muscles to feed to fight someone whose only real strength is nullifying gsp's strongest card. hes going to have about 11 minutes of gas before bisping styles on him for the remainder, he better do something dramatic with them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    fucking joke.
    I can imagine two conversations right now:

a) Dana White turning onto the strip in his convertible as he drives into the T-Mobile Arena to put out fires and yelling on the phone, "Fuckin' AKA fuckin' again man! All these fuckin' guys do is fuck up cards!"

b) Conor in his London hotel villa McScrooge cackling on the phone with his manager/coaches after he hears the news.

Khabib cuts well over 35 pounds on average to make lightweight. 20% of his body weight. That is not right.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Luckily 209 is a stacked card since it was originally supposed to be 210.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    fucking joke.
    I can imagine two conversations right now:

a) Dana White turning onto the strip in his convertible as he drives into the T-Mobile Arena to put out fires and yelling on the phone, "Fuckin' AKA fuckin' again man! All these fuckin' guys do is fuck up cards!"

b) Conor in his London hotel villa McScrooge cackling on the phone with his manager/coaches after he hears the news.

Khabib cuts well over 35 pounds on average to make lightweight. 20% of his body weight. That is not right.

russian or no, thats not sustainable.

what bothers me most right now is that this is.. was... honestly the most interesting fight in the sport right now, and its not going to happen because they are 100% guaranteed lock going to punt khabib to WW, if they let him continue at all.

like seriously this was the one fight i simply couldnt put together an opinion on, it was the ultimate stylistic coinflip.

Load Metric
    Fo shizzle.

Load Metric
    209 is kind of a fail card all of a sudden. A bunch of washed up fighters and main events at 1 am
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    and the main event is a redux of one of the most savagely disappointing bouts in recent mma history.

Load Metric
    Call on tyrone AGAIN!.

guy is focused this time.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Khabib could only stay healthy where would he be right now?

I'll just blame that lloyd guy on here for this.

Thread Information