Looks like all 3 judges had it 3-1 for Rory going into the 3rd:

Name:  IMG_1651.0.0.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  81.4 KB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    so much fun. what a fuckin night.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the stoppage was fast but not outrageous. him going pisswild about fingers in conors face then refusing to acknowledge the 7 totally illegal 6-12 elbows conor threw rubbed me wrong tho.
    it can't be 12-6 when you are on your back, by definition. they have to be coming straight down from above, which is impossible from your back. those were 3-9, or 9-3, depending on your viewpoint.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    so much fun. what a fuckin night.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the stoppage was fast but not outrageous. him going pisswild about fingers in conors face then refusing to acknowledge the 7 totally illegal 6-12 elbows conor threw rubbed me wrong tho.
    it can't be 12-6 when you are on your back, by definition. they have to be coming straight down from above, which is impossible from your back. those were 3-9, or 9-3, depending on your viewpoint.
    Yeah, I don't think those are/were illegal elbows. I'm sure we'll be seeing a Gracie breakdown on something from this card so hopefully they'll touch on that too.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL Dana White talking about the Rory/Robbie fight right now in the press conference and says how Lawler's lip was fucked up so hard and whats his name nose was broken. REALLY DANA? Rory is known as "What's his name" to you?

Comments

OSA: Such disrespect

Diamond
    Load Metric

He landed like 6 of these in about 45 seconds and still couldn't knock him out or get a stoppage

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I don't give a fuck what the scorecards said.... All you needed to do was look Rory's face at the start of the 5th to know who was winning that fight. In hindsight if Rory won 3-2 I think the public wouldn't have bought that result.

Load Metric
    fun sidenote on what could have been: if Aldo had fought, his entrance singer was going to be Rihanna, singing Run This Town.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Excellent night of fighting. Chad n Conor have all my respect.

Rory needs to get out of MMA fast, he's just not rugged. He brings no god given talent, hard training and juice with lousy genetics = Rory.

Robbie Lawlor lost a casual fan. What a PED HGH fueled, classless, unprofessional savage. I just wanna see him absolutely pulverized in his next few fights.

Comments

OSA: You have no idea the skills Rory brings to the table

Platinum
    Load Metric
    fun sidenote on what could have been: if Aldo had fought, his entrance singer was going to be Rihanna, singing Run This Town.
    Wow best entrance ever. Who was the country western guy?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Wow best entrance ever. Who was the country western guy?
    Aaron Lewis (Stain'd)

Load Metric

Rory needs to get out of MMA fast, he's just not rugged. He brings no god given talent, hard training and juice with lousy genetics = Rory.

Robbie Lawlor lost a casual fan. What a PED HGH fueled, classless, unprofessional savage. I just wanna see him absolutely pulverized in his next few fights.
    Umm what? Guy showed amazing heart and is probably the most well rounded fighter in the entire division. He got outstruck by possibly the best stand up welterweight of this decade. Gave us one of the most entertaining championship fights ever (which most commentators had him winning). Plus he is only 25....

Comments

OSA: common sense rep

Crowe Diddly: i admire the fuck out of that maniac rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I don't give a fuck what the scorecards said.... All you needed to do was look Rory's face at the start of the 5th to know who was winning that fight. In hindsight if Rory won 3-2 I think the public wouldn't have bought that result.
    The Diaz brothers school of thought. How someones face looks means less then zero of whos winning the fight, and the fact I even have to post that is absurd. You can punch a guy 1 time in his nose and both of his eyes can swell up and blood coming out of the nose fom 1 punch. Means nothing at all. Rory like I said before the judges scorecards were out won 1,3,4. It wasnt that close. Since I already lost my parlay I was rooting for Lawler who impressed the shit out of me with his take down defense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I had it 2-2 but if I had to lean 3-1 in any way it would be in Lawler's favor.

OSA shouldn't have kept Rory out so late cause it took him getting punched a few times to wake up.
    I dont understand what fight you guys were watching. If I had to give Lawlor any round besides the 2nd it was the 1st but that would have been a stretch. Going into the last round RL had to get a finish to win that was pretty clear and RM just quit. The punch didnt knock him down. He sat down after realizing his nose was shattered. RL on the other hand is a warrior. Hes fighting to the death out there. I guess its just hard to be Canadian and tough at the same time because Rory was the better fighter imo.

Load Metric
    BTW, the first outburst I had during the fights, the first holy shit moment for me, was the start of the ppv when the nu metal song was all remixed and weird. I was first psyched that they changed the music, but also found it pretty funny that they actually didn't even really change the song. They just can't get Face The Pain out of their system I guess. A testament to UFC stubbornness.

Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-12-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

The Diaz brothers school of thought. How someones face looks means less then zero of whos winning the fight, and the fact I even have to post that is absurd. You can punch a guy 1 time in his nose and both of his eyes can swell up and blood coming out of the nose fom 1 punch. Means nothing at all. Rory like I said before the judges scorecards were out won 1,3,4. It wasnt that close. Since I already lost my parlay I was rooting for Lawler who impressed the shit out of me with his take down defense.
    Correct.

I'm still not sure if Rory's camp made the right decision by trying to stand with lawler. At the same time if Hendricks couldn't effectively hold him down Rory may have had no choice. Also, Lets also not forget that Lawler broke Rory's nose in round two. Had he not it may have been a different fight. Still makes you wonder what an effective plan to beat Lawler at this point look like.

As amazing as Connor's standup was he looked horrible on the ground. If Mendez hadn't gone for the sub he might have been able to recover. I can guarantee that Aldo will be focusing on his takedowns for the next six months as it's game over if he can get Connor down.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Umm what? Guy showed amazing heart and is probably the most well rounded fighter in the entire division. He got outstruck by possibly the best stand up welterweight of this decade. Gave us one of the most entertaining championship fights ever (which most commentators had him winning). Plus he is only 25....

He lacks the heart though. That cant be taught. He will beat up everyone hes alot better then and give up against anyone who beats him up back.

Load Metric

He lacks the heart though. That cant be taught. He will beat up everyone hes alot better then and give up against anyone who beats him up back.
    Disagree here. It was only after he had his nose broken last night that he actually took overt the fight. Rory got beat down badly in round 2 and came out with a great round 3. A fighter without heart would have been done after round 2.

Load Metric

Disagree here. It was only after he had his nose broken last night that he actually took overt the fight. Rory got beat down badly in round 2 and came out with a great round 3. A fighter without heart would have been done after round 2.
    I think his nose was broken in round 1 but I agree with everything else.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    to anyone doubting rory on any level beyond certain tactical/technical shortcomings:

your balls are showing.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information