Page 104 of 326 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    HERE WE GO, ALL HEAVYWEIGHTS LEFT.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Rothwell looking like zombie frankenstein lurching forward. Dos Santos using jabs like a sword to Rothwell's gut.

Load Metric
    You too will believe that Ben Rothwell can fly, loooool

Load Metric
    Fucking Rothwell.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Fucking Rothwell.
    LOOK AT HIS FACE NOW

Load Metric
    Fight wont go distance pk (+100)
    Gamburyan vs Dodson - Fight to go distance
    Scheduled : 04/16/16 6:45 PM (EST)
    Accepted: 04/12/16 9:00 PM (EST)
    Sport: Other Sports - MMA - Game (#92254)
    Ticket #:
    Risk/Win: $300.00/$300.00
    Outcome: Pending

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Ticket #:
    gl but im heading in the other direction on this one.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Manny loses by dislocating his own shoulder in the first round again?

Comments

sonatine: never forget

Load Metric
    Ticket #:
    You think a fight lined -500 is going to go the distance.

Load Metric

You think a fight lined -500 is going to go the distance.
    dodson vs an armenian?

in this case i do, yes. dodson's generally not a closer, almost no one in that weightclass is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ticket #:
    I like this bet; the styles of these two fighters do cancel out and it could be a boring fight. That being said, Dodson just moved up to bantamweight and that adds a level on uncertainty on a fighters' performance, chin, etc.

I also like Dan Henderson +260 as it might be his last fight and you know he wants to go out a winner. The only issue is that in his last fight with Machida, Lyoto just ran around with "jab and parry" for 5 rounds and Hendo wasn't able to line up his famous right hook.

EDIT: I liked Hendo at +260.....but the fight is off now that Lyoto Machida's piss came in hot:

Last edited by Shizzmoney; 04-13-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Deets: he took DHEA, which is totally not a performance enhancer but more of an anti-inflammatory.

He disclosed it, they said it was banned and dropped the fight.

In before LOL MACHEATER.

Load Metric
    Just as a curiosity, I don't take supplements like weight gain protein stuff, but are there popular OTC brand names that are considered banned substances? Rules just seem to be kinda runaway all of a sudden.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    UFC fighters/agents/managers kinda fucked up not having a better regulatory structure for appeals as well as a system in place for USADA to verify supplements for fighters. In the NFL, all players are encouraged to submit their supplements for testing to verify if they are legal.

Granted, Machida admitted to taking the stuff and not showing due diligence, but considering this kinda stuff can affect a fighter's career, seems kind of nitty.

USADA's testing was supposed to root out cheaters who use HGH, testosterone, diuretics....instead they are busting people for taking exotic creatine.

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    UFC fighters/agents/managers kinda fucked up not having a better regulatory structure for appeals as well as a system in place for USADA to verify supplements for fighters. In the NFL, all players are encouraged to submit their supplements for testing to verify if they are legal.

Granted, Machida admitted to taking the stuff and not showing due diligence, but considering this kinda stuff can affect a fighter's career, seems kind of nitty.

USADA's testing was supposed to root out cheaters who use HGH, testosterone, diuretics....instead they are busting people for taking exotic creatine.

I used to think its just how the pendulum is swinging, but I think this is simply the new way of things. I think the next step will be some sort of accreditation for nutritionists and doctors where they simply make vetting every substance prescribed part of their process.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    its real fuckin simple , there is a list of shit that is prohibited, follow the rules or dont.
    Being a fucking ignorant moron is no fucking excause

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    its real fuckin simple , there is a list of shit that is prohibited, follow the rules or dont.
    Being a fucking ignorant moron is no fucking excause

Not arguing but apparently that list just went from hundreds to thousands and it often targets components not brands, which are constantly re-named. Just saying.

Load Metric
    on machida's instagram he said it was new to the list, but you can google old wada/usada lists, and it has been banned in and out of competition for years now. 7-keto dhea. he kinda claimed to have been using it all along, and it was his own disclosure that fucked him. So, did previous tests not pick it up? Funny part would be if he was using a worthless supplement that didn't even contain the shit it was supposed to contain but since he thought it did, he got popped for saying so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

I used to think its just how the pendulum is swinging, but I think this is simply the new way of things. I think the next step will be some sort of accreditation for nutritionists and doctors where they simply make vetting every substance prescribed part of their process.
    The FDA needs to take the lead. I know John McCain wanted stricter regs (of all people) on supplements a few years ago, especially after the cardiac deaths of pro athletes Steve Belcher and Korey Stringer (which lead to the banning of ephedrine...which I had reactions to the one time I took "HydroxyCut" back in college). McCain's bills was defeated and has never really come close to passing since.

Now generally, I would agree with adamantum's point: one is 100% responsible for what they put in their own body, no excuses. I was dogmatic was well when it came to this, especially during the baseball steroid era when shit was out of control.

*But* the fact is that these supplement companies have no regulations against them whatsoever to be 100% honest about what they are putting in these things they are selling over the counter. Additionally, batches of the same fucking product aren't even the same. You can get two bottles of creatine from the same company with each bottle having different shit in it.

It's compounded by the fact that these athletes do need supplements to help in their training. Dominick Cruz says supplements are instrumental to help him cutting and maintaining weight while keeping muscle mass, for example. He can't just replace that product by eating more asparagus and lifting more. His right to earn a living is effected by regulatory fail (which poker players know all too well).

There's also failure on the side of the drug testing agencies. In the recent Melodium ban by WADA, their scientists totally fucked up on anticipating the cycle down time and they now have to potentially rescinds hundreds of (mostly Russian) athletes' suspensions who tested positive for the shit (including tennis player Maria Sharapova). And I am sure not all of them were being boy scouts, so you now have this blurred line. This gives those who actually do try to beat the system an excuse to challenge the drug agencies' competency (unless you are Frank Mir, who is using a "I ate Kangaroo meat excuse" lol).

I just think its shitty that all consumers go to GNCs and nutrition stores to this day and buy 3rd party products on faith while having no fucking idea what's in their bottle of supplements.....but yet I can't legally buy perfectly safe weed in 48 out of the 50 states.

Thread Information