Page 307 of 326 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I mean, she apparently fooled you and tons of media outlets, so I think she's doing really well.

Every single thing she has done on camera or on social media is all part of the story line, leading to now-heel Ronda being beaten by Becky at Wrestlemania.

Nobody believes a single thing in wrestling anywhere anymore, but Ronda got people to believe in her.
    Close but not quite.. The reason for the triple threat is for them to be able to take the belt off Rousey without her actually being pissed thus Becky will pin/sub Charlotte.. Rousey is rumored to be taking some vacation time after WM35 and thus when she returns she can claim "you never actually beat me for the title".. Sadly WWE is so damn predictable.. I only hope with the start up of AEW with a financial backer who has Vinny Mc money (Shad Khan's son, yes that Shad Khan whos a Billionare and owns the NFL Jaguars and Fulham FC of the EPL) puts the WWEs feet to the fire.. They've really never had major competition other then remote from ROH and maybe some from Impact before stupid business decisions nearly have bankrupt it more then once. Pro Wrestling was at its best in the USA when WCW and WWE were brawling in the 90s.. Truthfully the best Pro organization is New Japan but the avg wrestling fan in the USA doesn't even know who the hell Adam Cole is now and they would've known who the hell Fergal Devitt (aka Finn Balor) as well as The Club who were part of the biggest stable since the 4 horsemen of the NWA of the 80s better known as The Bullet Club..

Comments

Crowe Diddly: I was completely correct rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Masvidal is such an OG. I hope he and Nate Diaz fight one day
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric

A post shared by on

https://instagram.com/p/BvOsK_nlrAL/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's a scummy practice to do so but if you're going to try to cheat you better at least win the fight and feel confident you will get away with it.

LOL at having an illegal substance in your body and losing a fight moving down a weight class.

Regardless of whether it was done on purpose or not these fighters who take supplements that haven't been researched in the era of USADA are playing Russian Roulette with their careers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    It's a scummy practice to do so but if you're going to try to cheat you better at least win the fight and feel confident you will get away with it.

LOL at having an illegal substance in your body and losing a fight moving down a weight class.

Regardless of whether it was done on purpose or not these fighters who take supplements that haven't been researched in the era of USADA are playing Russian Roulette with their careers.
    How do you think he cut enough weight to get down a weight class?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

How do you think he cut enough weight to get down a weight class?
    Point taken.

They haven't announced what it was yet but it could just be an illegal weight loss supplement/additive.

Load Metric
    honestly?

im not super sure tj cheats.

note that if he does cheat and gets outted conclusively, id be mildly surprised at worst.

but im really not jumping to that conclusion here.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

This is was one of my favorite vids, what with Cody essentially admitting use as well here.

Load Metric
    I feel like if it was Ostarine or clen or some other shit that is often found in contaminated things, he def should have mentioned it right off the bat, because people have sympathy for those types of failures now, especially after the Jones testing bullshit.

We'll find out soon, probably

Load Metric
    Ironically TJ may have just fixed Dana’s problem that he wanted to can the 125lb division until Cejudo kicked TJs ass. TJ gives up title. Cejudo moves up to fight for vacant 135lb title and likely wins. Problem solved now Dana can shutter the 125s.

Load Metric
    It doesn't really make sense anymore (if it ever did) for the UFC to shut 125. With the ESPN+ stuff, they've now turned their old, volatile revenue stream into 7 years of guaranteed money. All they got to do to get it is run the events, and if they have a Conor-type show, they make even more, but they no longer need that shit to survive or even thrive. The random ESPN+ PPV is gonna get them paid as if they sold 500K buys under the old system, and if they break whatever that amount is, they get even more money. 125 is another belt they can use to headline a random non-ppv or co-main a ppv show, they don't need to draw x amount of ppv buys anymore to get the money.

The endgame of all this is Endeavor going public.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    honestly?

im not super sure tj cheats.

note that if he does cheat and gets outted conclusively, id be mildly surprised at worst.

but im really not jumping to that conclusion here.

This is all the shit he was taking.

Comments

sonatine: sounds right.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    It doesn't really make sense anymore (if it ever did) for the UFC to shut 125. With the ESPN+ stuff, they've now turned their old, volatile revenue stream into 7 years of guaranteed money. All they got to do to get it is run the events, and if they have a Conor-type show, they make even more, but they no longer need that shit to survive or even thrive. The random ESPN+ PPV is gonna get them paid as if they sold 500K buys under the old system, and if they break whatever that amount is, they get even more money. 125 is another belt they can use to headline a random non-ppv or co-main a ppv show, they don't need to draw x amount of ppv buys anymore to get the money.

The endgame of all this is Endeavor going public.
    I dont disagree.. Honestly part of the 125s issue was Mighty Mouse was mowing everybody down like JBJ at 205...Ill be honest though the ESPN PPV thing kinda bugs me.. I literally was thinking. What the Fuck is Dana thinking.. They had their own Streaming service and such.. WWE learned they had better finances by running their PPVs through their own streaming service (which originally had some major bugs but they fixed it.. in the long run theyve done better because they have a reliable constant stream income source without wondering how many buys this that and the other would do..) By doing what they did theyve now tied their PPV revenue and reliance on ESPN and relying on a third party seems counter intuitive at this point with the streaming technology..

I dont know about yall but if I could watch ever UFC PPV live and pay $29.95 for that through UFCs streaming service Id do it.. I have an ESPN+ subscription but Im not going to shell out money for every PPV I havent yet.. When theres a good card Ill watch it I paid for 2 cards in 2018 which amounted ot roughly $120.. think about it if they charged $29.95 a month theyd have 360 a year in guaranteed revenue from ever damn subscriber because its only $20 more then folks pay now.. with the way things are now they need people to buy 6 cards a year to get that same revenue essentially (discounting the 9.99 from fight pass obviously) if you put that back in so they would be making an extra $20 a month or $240 they sitll need people to buy 4 ppvs to break even and 5 to make more money.. I just dont think thats happeneing now.. The casual UFC fan isnt buying 1/2 of the PPVS a year I dont believe hell in this crowd alone most folks are looking for a freeway via IPTV overseas to watch but avg joe doesnt do that. Again just my 2cts worth I think UFC missed the boat on this besides if you figure ESPN is their partner then how much is UFC really getting off the PPV cards even if its half ok they get $30 of every PPV buy of $59.95 (rounded it up to $60). again how many PPV buys are they getting?? If theyd gotten a subscriber base of their fans and upped the price Im betting they wouldve had a better revenue overall and even had a steadier income prediction which is always nice to corporate boards and stockholders vs just taking a guess and if shit goes sideways suddenly the buy rates go in th etoilet because the card gets totally flushed from injuries/suspensions etc..

Load Metric
    All I can say is HOLY FUCK. Showtime Pettis about to be down 2rnds to none just Knocked Wonderboy into next week out of nowhere. That has to the most shocking KO this year so far and one of the biggest in awhile. Looked like Roman Reigns in the WWE basically. Wonderboy was limp as a noodle when he hit the canvas.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    wonderboy needs to find a new hobby if he cant keep his hands up. like honestly, enough.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anthony Pettis is the third fighter with a win at featherweight, lightweight and welterweight.

All timer man even with the weight cut issues

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    It's almost like fighters do better (and have more power) when they cut less weight.

Load Metric
    cuck dave everybody

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Gare you literally have breasts. Let's not compare testosterone levels.

Thread Information