Page 226 of 326 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Youd have fucked him by now? Spill it

Comments

OSA: funny
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric

the greatest UFC promo vid in a long time.

Comments

Tellafriend: Awesome

Load Metric
    mousassi to bellator.

im deeply uncomfortable with this.

he would have beat bisping what, 4 out of 5 times?

i preferred the days when belts were like, relevant in this sport. and not just prizes awarded to the winner of the biggest superfights they can put together.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Great way to roll the system:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoe.../#75e1f1004002

Juice up for UFC fight knowing you may get suspended. Get paid for ufc fight. Get banned from UFC.. Return to Wrestling while suspended. Rinse and repeat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Great way to roll the system:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoe.../#75e1f1004002

Juice up for UFC fight knowing you may get suspended. Get paid for ufc fight. Get banned from UFC.. Return to Wrestling while suspended. Rinse and repeat
    current hot rumor is December fight vs Bones. I'm down.

Load Metric
    I keep opening this thread dreading a main event cancellation for this Saturday or UFC 214.

So far so good. Hold 1x.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I keep opening this thread dreading a main event cancellation for this Saturday or UFC 214.

So far so good. Hold 1x.

serious question; why do you even want to see bones point fight cormier to a decision again?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

So far so good. Hold 1x.
    I admittedly have looked for a line of the Bones/Cormier fight being cancelled a while back.

Their is still a chance we don't see it but at least UFC did it right in stacking the card for UFC 214.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Jones could be fighting the Silver Surfer for all I care, I will never pay for a show that he is headlining.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Looks like Mighty Mouse finally gets his wish to be on a PPV card instead of carrying UFC a few fights a year main eventing shitty fight night or UFC on FOX cards.

Load Metric
    Holy hell that was a brutal KTFO by Oliveira. All but guaranteed to win KO of the night. That was just a nasty nasty smackdown. The crowd was as shocked as the announcers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Weidman saved by the bell in round 1

Solid performance after that by Weidman. He fought better tonight then I've seen in a long time.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 07-22-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Looks like Mighty Mouse finally gets his wish to be on a PPV card instead of carrying UFC a few fights a year main eventing shitty fight night or UFC on FOX cards.
    He will now find out why he shouldn't be allowed to carry a PPV card.I am predicting the worse PPV numbers in many years. Mighty Mouse is a hard PPV sell as is but Borg is a nobody.

Load Metric
    The thing about Mighty Mouse.. with the way the UFC fighter salary system works, its very much in his best interests to not give a fuck about PPV buys and just focus on racking up consecutive wins, because at the end of the day no one really gives a fuck about his midget weight class.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    The thing about Mighty Mouse.. with the way the UFC fighter salary system works, its very much in his best interests to not give a fuck about PPV buys and just focus on racking up consecutive wins, because at the end of the day no one really gives a fuck about his midget weight class.

Right. Also this talk about him being the "pound for pound' best fighter in the world i think is nonsense. The pool of fighters in general at that weight class is always going to be A LOT smaller. That is because there just arent that many men that are 1. midgets and weigh 125 pounds and 2. men that are 125 pounds and want to do MMA. Even a middle weight fighter that has few loses and then went on a tear would be a much better argument for best "pound for pound" because of the competition.

It is amazing how much the competition goes up if you add 10 pounds and go to bantamweight.

Load Metric
    Its also amazing how much better the fights are when literally everyone in the division isnt swatting at each other with t-rex arms 70 times a minute.

Load Metric
    The card is dead in the water anyway, moneywise. It's 2 weeks after the $100 Conor-Floyd fight. That's gonna leave a mark for at least a month or 2. Even if they could properly promote this, which obv they have no inclination of doing, the floor of UFC PPV buys is way lower than it has been in a long time. They've had a bunch that supposedly only sold around 200K, but the one where the Nunes-Shevechenko main event fell out did maybe well under 150K. Aldo Hollaway only did 200K.

Load Metric

He will now find out why he shouldn't be allowed to carry a PPV card.I am predicting the worse PPV numbers in many years. Mighty Mouse is a hard PPV sell as is but Borg is a nobody.
    This would be considered my home arena & maybe my best chance to ever see a UFC event live & there's absolutely no fucking chance I would even think about wasting my time & money to go see this fucking garbage main & co-main event. This event has no chance for PPV glory for all the reason already stated although it will probably be a sellout.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't think he should carry any card but he has paid his dues to at least have a co main opportunity.

He is small I get that argument but we've had some really shitty ppv lineups lately with way worse fights in the co main then putting Mighty Mouse in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    The card is dead in the water anyway, moneywise. It's 2 weeks after the $100 Conor-Floyd fight. That's gonna leave a mark for at least a month or 2. Even if they could properly promote this, which obv they have no inclination of doing, the floor of UFC PPV buys is way lower than it has been in a long time. They've had a bunch that supposedly only sold around 200K, but the one where the Nunes-Shevechenko main event fell out did maybe well under 150K. Aldo Hollaway only did 200K.

Very true they are setting Mighty Mouse up to fail even more as most headliners will here on this date.

Many people only have so much to spend per month on things like PPV and their $90 is going towards Mayweather/McGregor.

Load Metric
    Weidman looked great this past weekend. Even held his own standing against the super speedy Gastelum. Hopefully that chubby mexican can get his lifestyle in order and make 170lbs. He's fast at 185 but too small for the elite guys in the division. Weidman vs Jacare next would be a nice matchup and I think that fight makes sense.

I just can't be bothered to care about DJ. he's definitely as well rounded as it gets in MMA but I still feel he dodged the fuck out of TJ to preserve his record breaking title defenses attempt in what would have been his only interesting fight. The 125lb division fucking sucks and given the awful ppv card plus the timing I think whoever predicted an all time worst ppv buy rate is right.

The 155-185 divisions are my favorite to watch. Quick and skilled athletes coming from a large talent pool. The odd 205lb fight is great but they start to get sloppy that heavy and most of the HW fights are fucking terrible.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Agreed

Thread Information