Page 264 of 326 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Loading up huge on Stipe Miocic. Could he lose in 10 seconds? Of course. But I am not sure i have seen a better value on a fighter with him hovering around +160. I got my first bet in at +180. Francis Ngannou could be the real deal but we have no idea as the only person of note he has fought is glass jaw Overeem.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Loading up huge on Stipe Miocic. Could he lose in 10 seconds? Of course. But I am not sure i have seen a better value on a fighter with him hovering around +160. I got my first bet in at +180. Francis Ngannou could be the real deal but we have no idea as the only person of note he has fought is glass jaw Overeem.
    I think that fight is just a complete coin flip. He has the power to KO anyone but without a doubt Stipe is the more technical and crisp fighter. I did think Ngannou looked good against Curtis Blaydes although Blaydes is a terrible striker so Francis only had to worry about shutting down the wrestling (which he did).

I find Stipe super likabke. Down to earth guy, still working his job as a firefighter. Sticks around home for his fight camps. On the UFC Embeddeds the best footage of him they can get is shovelling his walk and hanging a coat rack.

Comments

Charham: shoveling walk and hanging coat rack rep

Load Metric
    Khabib v Tony Ferg in Brooklyn 4/7, sez Dana.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Ferguson is gonna get rolled on. Khabibs ground game is the best ever seen

Load Metric
    with so few potential fights worth giving a shit about, im not a fan of having the loser of this bout probably never fight conor.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Apparently the UFC has booked Moscow's 80,000 person stadium for September, right when McGregor is likely to come back. Looks like the UFC is banking on Khabib taking out Ferguson and doing a McGregor vs Khabib fight in Moscow. I fucking hope it works out, that would be insane.

Load Metric
    i think they might give him conor there regardless, let conor get past him if he wants ferg.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i think they might give him conor there regardless, let conor get past him if he wants ferg.
    Good call. Strip Conor then they can make the Khabib vs Conor in Russia either way.

Load Metric

very good point

Not surprising but Khabib has opened at -200 favorite against ferg

Load Metric
    ill be keeping an eye out for the ferg by sub/tko props, especially in the last 3 rounds.

- nurmy has never fought more than 15 minutes, and lately he's had his mouth open to breath early in round 2
    - ferg has a long torso and a super dangerous guard so unless nurm is in side control, he might have problems stacking up on top to do significant damage
    - the brother is hittable and ferg only gets more dangerous standing as the fight continues.

not to mention, nurm's last win over an a-list fighter was his 2014 bout with a freshly deroided RDA.

that said i dont see how this isnt going to be a great fight.

Load Metric
    ill be keeping an eye out for the ferg by sub/tko props, especially in the last 3 rounds.

- nurmy has never fought more than 15 minutes, and lately he's had his mouth open to breath early in round 2
    - ferg has a long torso and a super dangerous guard so unless nurm is in side control, he might have problems stacking up on top to do significant damage
    - the brother is hittable and ferg only gets more dangerous standing as the fight continues.

not to mention, nurm's last win over an a-list fighter was his 2014 bout with a freshly deroided RDA.

that said i dont see how this isnt going to be a great fight.
    I agree. While Khabib hurts guys and makes their lives hell he isn't the best finisher and his gas tank has looked a bit iffy. He fights at a ridiculous pace and forces his opponent to do the same. The good news is that Khabib makes guys who never gas out, gas out. It will be interesting to see if Ferguson can hang in the first 2.5 rounds and how tired he gets. This fight could be very dangerous for Khabib late.

Load Metric
    I think the difference in this fight is going to be Stipes boxing and ability to avoid the punch. Francis is too raw compared to Stipe in all other facets. If Francis cant land that punch, I dont think he has a chance to win. Overeem didnt respect the power. He should have fought it the same way he fought against JDS and Roy Nelson.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    hey so who the fuck is this random cormier is fighting? seriously this is our lhw division? where the fuck is everyone?

Load Metric
    Here's a Don't Fuck With USADA story.

USADA tests Francisco Rivera, he pisses hot for clenbuteral. It was meat in Mexico, he says. He never told USADA he'd been in Mexico when they asked him during his piss test, but they're open to it. Tests reveal more clen than if he just ate ingested meat, but he's like, "Here's my bank card statement that shows me getting gas in Tijuana and the Costco receipt where I got all the obv tainted meat."

USADA's like, this statement looks funny, and that Costco receipt has no meat on it. We're gonna fly a guy across the country to meet you and go to a Chase bank and get a fresh Credit Card statement. OK says Francisco, who no-shows obv, his lawyer quits, and he eventually admits its all lies.

USADA gave him 4 YEARS FOR TRYING TO LIE TO THEM. If he just said he took it, or said nothing, 2 years max.

View on scribd here: https://www.scribd.com/doc/369553841/  

Comments

peter mcneil: Ruthless but effective

Load Metric
    hey so who the fuck is this random cormier is fighting? seriously this is our lhw division? where the fuck is everyone?
    3 big wins in a row, 2 against top 10 and one against a guy who was close to a title shot. 2 of those wins were devastating KO's. He's got massive power, this fight is dangerous for Cormier. Will be interesting to see if his chin has recovered from that last KO. Cormier probably does his thing but it's an interesting fight.

I believe Gustafsson was dealing with some injuries so he wasn't available to fight for the title. Pretty sure he's next in line.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I think the difference in this fight is going to be Stipes boxing and ability to avoid the punch. Francis is too raw compared to Stipe in all other facets. If Francis cant land that punch, I dont think he has a chance to win. Overeem didnt respect the power. He should have fought it the same way he fought against JDS and Roy Nelson.
    I worry a bit about Stipe avoiding the punch. He gets hit a lot. Perhaps he's refined his d but Overeem had him in some trouble and JDS lit him up in their first fight. I'm just hoping his crisp straight boxing lands first and hurts Ngannou.

Load Metric
    it really just sank in that zuffa is charging full price for 1 and a half title fights and about 3 hours of tuf fights.

Thread Information