Page 323 of 326 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326 LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Gold
    Load Metric
    We agree, Nate Diaz is one of my favorite fighters and personalities ever. Most of his old interviews are on YouTube and they are great to watch. He’s very smart and entertaining, also direct. His opinions are first rate and he’s made more cash than most UFC Champs

I do not agree that he would beat up on gate keepers. He might win some of those fights but in some he’s get his ass whooped again. He is done, he landed one lucky punch and was getting schooled the entire rest of the fight

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    We agree, Nate Diaz is one of my favorite fighters and personalities ever. Most of his old interviews are on YouTube and they are great to watch. He’s very smart and entertaining, also direct. His opinions are first rate and he’s made more cash than most UFC Champs

I do not agree that he would beat up on gate keepers. He might win some of those fights but in some he’s get his ass whooped again. He is done, he landed one lucky punch and was getting schooled the entire rest of the fight

youre probably right and i just refuse to see it out of loyalty.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

He got his ass kicked but that punch wasn't lucky, it was beautiful.

Load Metric
    Nate has a good chin, is a tough son of a bitch and is very entertaining.

It also helps that he bleeds easily now so it looks like an absolute war anytime he's in the ring.

At this point I would try for Conor round 3 or go box Jake or Logan Paul for millions?

Comments

NickyPipes:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    or go box Jake or Logan Paul for millions?
    Over Dana's dead body.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    or go box Jake or Logan Paul for millions?
    Over Dana's dead body.
    How many fights left on Nate's contract?

Load Metric
    Over Dana's dead body.
    2, allegedly. But if the UFC wants to keep him, they'll probably offer him a big fight like Conor or Masvidal again where he'll make a big bag of money, and he'll have to sign another 5 fight deal to get it. If he wants to fight out the contract, he's probably gonna have to fight 2 young unknown Russian killers who are way bigger and will smash him on his way out.

Load Metric

2, allegedly. But if the UFC wants to keep him, they'll probably offer him a big fight like Conor or Masvidal again where he'll make a big bag of money, and he'll have to sign another 5 fight deal to get it. If he wants to fight out the contract, he's probably gonna have to fight 2 young unknown Russian killers who are way bigger and will smash him on his way out.
    Nope Nate Diaz is a shot caller

he knows what shots to call, and when to call them ($). At this point I think the UFC is arranging an open arm comeback for his brother Nick, which of course should happen. Nick Diaz like Nate are just legit, street in ways and so dont mind some of it all. Nick Diaz is an American MMA legend now, who has also been through the UFC for decades. So the UFC and Nick Diaz it will be nice to see be more understanding of one another's side now. Nick Diaz is an American MMA legend, and still has some gas in his tank left. So let him go out how he would like too imo, and as a part of the entire UFC where he has spent decades.

Nick and Nate are MMA legends at this point, and I dont think Nate is going to become any kind of stepping stone now ever

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Beautiful and lucky. Nate took 8 seconds to throw his next punch. Mistake!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Beautiful and lucky. Nate took 8 seconds to throw his next punch. Mistake!

when people talk about nate being too long in the tooth for this, thats what i think of;

the image of him pointing and laughing at edwards fish walking in circles instead of harvesting his chin to claim as a slave for the afterlife.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    McGregor Fight Week! Far from a great card but nothing terrible , Pipes will be watching

Any good dogs to watch?

Silver
    Load Metric
    McGregor Fight Week! Far from a great card but nothing terrible , Pipes will be watching

Any good dogs to watch?
    Conor cards always suck bc they have to pay him so much

Ryan Hall vs Ilia Topuria should be interesting - it's on the prelim card. One guy never literally never throws a punch but has v good BJJ vs a good striker and great wrestler/grappler.

The rest of the card will have to be good on accident.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

Any good dogs to watch?

Ryan Hall vs Ilia Topuria should be interesting - it's on the prelim card. One guy never literally never throws a punch but has v good BJJ vs a good striker and great wrestler/grappler.

I gotta disagree here. I’m looking forward to all the main card fights except the chicks I don’t know. Sugar Sean coming back from injury. The heavyweight fight intrigues me. Biggest name fighter either guy has faced? The co-main with Burns vs Wonderboy should be good as well.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I gotta disagree here. I’m looking forward to all the main card fights except the chicks I don’t know. Sugar Sean coming back from injury. The heavyweight fight intrigues me. Biggest name fighter either guy has faced? The co-main with Burns vs Wonderboy should be good as well.
    I partially agree with both of you.

Sugar Sean's opponent withdrew to injury and now they have a lame replacement. Under 1.5 rounds is the bet for me. So while this first round KO might be an exciting finish not an amazing fight.

And "Wonderboy" isn't a boy anymore he's 38. He needs to cash in on Youtube boxing fights while they are hot or something. He's done in the UFC and unfortunately never won the belt despite being in his prime after GSP left.

Load Metric
    the fact that dustin and conor are rematching already speaks absolute tomes about how ufc is the new disney.

im to even going to get into the pathological disappointment that is wonderboys career so far btw.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the fact that dustin and conor are rematching already speaks absolute tomes about how ufc is the new disney.

im to even going to get into the pathological disappointment that is wonderboys career so far btw.
    Wonderboy is boring, yet great all at the same time. If he wins this fight, expect another snoozefest against Usman for the title.

This card is nap inducing, make no mistake about it. Hopefully we get a Diaz/Conor type main event but my guess is it's over sooner rather than later and everyone feels cheap and used. GG Vegas you fucked us again.

Load Metric
    and down goes the stream.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Not sure if that ankle broke...but looked painful

Load Metric
    If he heals now the UFC has an excuse to do the same fight yet again.

Load Metric
    Name:  broke.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  208.0 KB
    Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Thread Information