Page 312 of 326 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Body shots do in the doughboy...

Load Metric
    Stipe figured him out. Great fight . DC was like WTF just happened .

Stipe got way better as fight went on . He is a smart fighter with a fricken steel jaw .

Load Metric
    Holy fuck. Props to Miocic cause DC was well on his way to the decision. Miocic’s only hope was a KO or Tapout from what I saw. I think DC hangs it up. He might’ve had a case for a trilogy fight against JBJ at Heavyweight but that’s done now with him losing the belt.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Stipe figured him out. Great fight . DC was like WTF just happened .

Stipe got way better as fight went on . He is a smart fighter with a fricken steel jaw .

Surprised it took him to round four to figure it out, but he did it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Dc gave it away oh well, he should retire. Has a lot of other things going good for him

Load Metric
    Cormier gave that fight away. Stand and trade in the middle of the ring with the guy who's only going to beat you by standing and trading in the middle of the ring, excellent strategy. He would have destroyed him on the ground. Stipe is extremely overrated.

Comments

unlearn: Not remotely accurate

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cormier claimed he had a good training camp and weight cut but that didn't appear to be the case.

It seems like this 40 year old thing could be in his head to the point that mentally it's beating him when he shouldn't worry about that number so much since he was very sharp in all his fights leading up to this one.

Cormier fought a rather lazy and different fight then he has in the past. He was winning the punching war he decided to do instead of even attempting more take downs after the first round. Perhaps he didn't feel he would have enough gas in the tank or just felt like he was going to win that way which he was scoring the points but it's just not him to only stand and punch.

Stipe should have tried to get at Cormier more in the first three rounds because he wasn't blocking. I would like to say maybe they kept this strategy of body shots in the bag early on but nobody just sits there taking punches like he did so whoever in his corner finally said to start up the body shots deserves Stipe knockout bonus since that lead to him being able to unload instead being a one trick pony for the first 15 minutes.

After that who really wants to see DC vs Bones III ?

I was still looking forward to it despite DC age but not after tonight.

Bring on Stipe vs Ngannou and the winner to face Bones at heavyweight.

Cormier vs Lesnar next year at Wrestlemania is what really should happen.

Load Metric
    im surprised by how much i havent really enjoyed cormier's career. just like, over all, watching him fight hasnt really made me say wowwww much. like i kinda get what jones is getting at re cormier really actually not being on his level.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Pettis VS Diaz

Thinking Pettis will be to much for Diaz who hasn't fought for a LOOOOOOOONNNGGGG time .

Line is close only cause of the Diaz fan base .

Taking Pettis -130
    I’m riding with Diaz, but it’s not a conviction play.
    My ambitionz as a rider, ride with Diaz all day.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Cormier gave that fight away. Stand and trade in the middle of the ring with the guy who's only going to beat you by standing and trading in the middle of the ring, excellent strategy. He would have destroyed him on the ground. Stipe is extremely overrated.

most heavyweight title fight wins in ufc history = overrated? shut it down retard.

Comments

unlearn: Got heem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Cormier claimed he had a good training camp and weight cut but that didn't appear to be the case.
    There was no weight cut, it was a heavyweight fight and he was 30 lbs under the limit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post

most heavyweight title fight wins in ufc history = overrated? shut it down retard.
    The heavyweight division has largely been more than a joke over his run, anyone that says otherwise is lying to themselves - look at his record and get back to me. Let's not forget that he was also once also knocked out by Struve.

Cormier almost finished him early and controlled the first three rounds by being a fat shorter guy that was knocking down the guard, piecing him up with jabs, and fainting the punches of the supposedly great striker.

Load Metric
    shutup walt

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    There was no weight cut, it was a heavyweight fight and he was 30 lbs under the limit.
    Yea you're right I meant if he was trimming down too fast because of the ideal weight he personally wanted to be at for this fight since he walks around big a lot.

Of course he cuts to 205 when he had to for light heavyweight which is the tough cut.

Load Metric
    BJ Penn has moved from UFC to bar fights in Hawaii. Another one caught on tape.

Load Metric
    he's basically turning into mayhem miller

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    im surprised by how much i havent really enjoyed cormier's career. just like, over all, watching him fight hasnt really made me say wowwww much. like i kinda get what jones is getting at re cormier really actually not being on his level.
    Its hard for anybody to be on his level he has the reach of a fucking orangutan (not trying to be racial at all dude just has a monster reach advantage compared to nearly every other fighter at 205 and Heavyweight). Plus JBJ does have a history of well lets be honest taking substances that are not on the approved list from USADA or WADA or any other antidoping agency.. I mean JBJ felt Cormier wasn't on his level yet he fucking pissed hot and got stripped of the 205 belt and returned to Cormier (makes me honestly wonder if he was juiced for Cormiers first loss honestly). Although JBJ still doesn't sink to the level of that walking Roid rage Lesner .. I mean seriously were talking about a guy who pissed hot fighting a career .500 fighter in UFC.. If Lesner felt he had to cheat to beat UFCs version of Somoa Joe aka Mark Hunt (no wait.. Truthfully Joe probably is in better shape then Mark Hunt) then that's just sad period.. Do I feel Lesnar got the shaft from his own medical issues due to the diverticulitis sure it sucked indeed but looking back I mean considering who he beat which was a dude who was out 2 yrs from a Motorcycle wreck and another who was a hall of famer past his prime in Randy makes me think some of Lesnars reign as baddest man on the planet was smoke and mirrors.. (Hes 42 now 2 yrs older then Cormier and his time at the top was from 2008-2010 against Randy, Mir who he lost to the first time they faced off and then Corwin.. with an overall record that's 5-3 its not like he was some dude with a ton of professional fights on his resume ever).. Thing is I don't think Lesnar will ever get back in the cage.. He had the chance already and was supposedly testing and then said Fuck it.. He knows even against most of the 265 division hed be a dog anyway..

Load Metric
    Anybody find it ironic all this talk of BJ Penn getting back in the cage one more time when hes now 0-2 fighting in the Kimbo Slice Memorial Division?? Dude hasn't been legit relevant in almost 10yrs now.. (lost 7 straight in the cage and only 1 win in last 11)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Its hard for anybody to be on his level he has the reach of a fucking orangutan (not trying to be racial at all dude just has a monster reach advantage compared to nearly every other fighter at 205 and Heavyweight). Plus JBJ does have a history of well lets be honest taking substances that are not on the approved list from USADA or WADA or any other antidoping agency.. I mean JBJ felt Cormier wasn't on his level yet he fucking pissed hot and got stripped of the 205 belt and returned to Cormier (makes me honestly wonder if he was juiced for Cormiers first loss honestly). Although JBJ still doesn't sink to the level of that walking Roid rage Lesner .. I mean seriously were talking about a guy who pissed hot fighting a career .500 fighter in UFC.. If Lesner felt he had to cheat to beat UFCs version of Somoa Joe aka Mark Hunt (no wait.. Truthfully Joe probably is in better shape then Mark Hunt) then that's just sad period.. Do I feel Lesnar got the shaft from his own medical issues due to the diverticulitis sure it sucked indeed but looking back I mean considering who he beat which was a dude who was out 2 yrs from a Motorcycle wreck and another who was a hall of famer past his prime in Randy makes me think some of Lesnars reign as baddest man on the planet was smoke and mirrors.. (Hes 42 now 2 yrs older then Cormier and his time at the top was from 2008-2010 against Randy, Mir who he lost to the first time they faced off and then Corwin.. with an overall record that's 5-3 its not like he was some dude with a ton of professional fights on his resume ever).. Thing is I don't think Lesnar will ever get back in the cage.. He had the chance already and was supposedly testing and then said Fuck it.. He knows even against most of the 265 division hed be a dog anyway..

honestly when i said that, the jbj fights werent even part of the equation for me.

cormier beat a lot of dudes but i dont recall being like 'wow what a virtuoso' ever, at all.

combined with him basically offering jbj a red carpet into his head complete with turn down service and a mint on the pillow just makes me want to ignore him.

Thread Information