Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** LOL @ TIDAL THREAD *** OFFICIAL ***

Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** LOL @ TIDAL THREAD *** OFFICIAL ***

http://www.dailydot.com/entertainmen...-swift-spotify

- $240 a year to stream music.
    - Nothing like seeing multi millionaires talk about seizing control of the music industry from 'the man'
    - omfg Alicia Keys speech
    - guys seriously $240 a year to stream music.

Comments

WillieMcFML: lol $240/yr rep

BCR: you nailed this prediction
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Spotify plugin on the Sonos App is literally the only music-related software/hardware you will ever fucking need.

Comments

gauchojake: this is true. Goos work E

Load Metric
    I've always chuckled at the black singers perpetuating the idea that the white execs particularly the Jews are fucking them over. The black record label execs and agents have fucked over more negro performers the last 30 years than anyone else has.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I've always chuckled at the black singers perpetuating the idea that the white execs particularly the Jews are fucking them over. The black record label execs and agents have fucked over more negro performers the last 30 years than anyone else has.

just the fact that these wads of dick would put themselves in a position to profit more off an industry that destroyed careers so that they could get their fourth maybach is just wildly offensive.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Is it better or worse that I wouldn't even steal their music?

Load Metric
    I opened this because I though this was a lol at Tyde thread.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  37.7 KB

Comments

Suicide King: Samesies

jacosta24: ditto

Load Metric
    The saddest part is that the fiscal gravity of the parties involved might make this profitable.

Like Jayz could literally pull a Walter White and funnel his own money into buying his own tracks anonymously to juke the stats and provoke a buyout for a massive profit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Whether it's Jay z and tidal, beats by Dr dre or buying carbon credits and Obama care..communists find a way to stack cash by saying "look at that OTHER guy" ..p.s. slacker has 9.99 for music on demand and 3.99 for unlimited skips..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    The saddest part is that the fiscal gravity of the parties involved might make this profitable.

Like Jayz could literally pull a Walter White and funnel his own money into buying his own tracks anonymously to juke the stats and provoke a buyout for a massive profit.
    Wasn't it Aerosmith that had a room full of college kids that just pounded the phone during voting hours for Mtv's viewers choice top 10 video countdown?

Load Metric
    i am absolutely getting this just to tilt nerds like tine

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    The numbers don’t lie: Jay-Z’s Tidal music service is already a spectacular flop
    http://bgr.com/2015/04/21/tidal-vs-pandora-vs-spotify/

Load Metric
    TIDAL IS GOD

Load Metric
    Just a few short weeks ago, a gaggle of the biggest names in music gathered to announce Jay Z’s new streaming music service, Tidal. I remind you of this fact because, statistically speaking, you’ve probably already forgotten about it: Tidal is now the 50th most popular music app in the iTunes store, and doesn’t even crack the top 700 overall.

Any hot new app will see a big drop in downloads after the hype from its launch dies down, but it doesn’t look like Tidal was all that hot to begin with. It briefly peaked at #19 overall before falling out of the top 200 less than two weeks later.

Meanwhile, its competitors are surging: Pandora is at #7, Spotify is at #34, and Beats Music just broke the top 50. Even circa-2013 Spotify challenger Rdio is seeing more downloads than Tidal this week.

Some of Tidal’s problems were apparent to anyone who is not a wealthy member of the illuminati or close personal friend of Jay Z: its main value proposition was that, for only 10 dollars a month more than you’re paying for Spotify—that’s just two Starbucks lattes!—you can feed and clothe the famous multimillionaires you see on your screen.

But it also had some less obvious flaws, like a very shittily-designed app with broken search functionality and a marketing message—attacking those other, non-artist-benefitting streaming services—that seems to have helped Spotify more than it helped Tidal. Boy Genius Report points out that Spotify saw a nice spike in downloads coinciding with the day Rihanna, Nicki, Kanye, Madonna and Jay-Z took the stage to reclaim music for the top-40 artists who already dominate it.

Last week, Tidal “streamlined” 25 employees out of their jobs and fired CEO Andy Chen, who’s being replaced in the interim by Peter Tonstad, the former CEO of Tidal’s parent company, Aspiro.

No number of personal phone calls from Jay Z and Jack White can turn this thing into a success.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We're is " slacker" on the download scale.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So $20/month for this crap, while I get Sirius/XM for $5/month.

Where do I sign up?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So $20/month for this crap, while I get Sirius/XM for $5/month.

Where do I sign up?
    I get my Sirius/XM for free. I just keep signing up for the free 2 month trial.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: shadyj would be proud
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Kanye already deleted all his tweets promoting this failure.

Comments

sonatine: gawker game on fleek

Load Metric
    Drops out of the top 700: http://rollingout.com/music/jay-zs-tidal-app-flops/

He may be one of hip hop’s biggest names, but that doesn’t guarantee success. Just a month following the launch of Tidal, a new music streaming service billed as “the first music streaming service that combines the best high fidelity sound quality, high definition music videos and expertly curated editorial,” Jay Z and a few of his A-list friends including Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Deadmau5, Daft Punk, Alicia Keys, Rihanna and wife Beyoncé, are facing defeat.

Two weeks after Tidal made its U.S. debut, iPhone top 20 download chart, the app nosedived out of the top 700, according to BGR. In other words, users prefer 700 other apps to the music mogul’s Tidal. The issue? The cost. Subscribers have the choice between forking over $10 a month for digital audio-quality, a format similar to Spotify or $20 a month for CD-quality sound. Turns out people just aren’t feeling it. And why would they with apps like Spotify and Pandora offering basically the same service for less and in many cases for free?
    BGR also reports that as of April 20, its main rivals, Pandora and Spotify, landed No. 3 and No. 4 on the U.S. iPhone revenue chart, respectively. A first for two music streaming services hitting the top four in sales simultaneously.
    And while Hov’s app could make a comeback over time, this rough reality check follows news that Tidal laid off 25 employees on Friday, April 17, including its founding CEO, Andy Chen. According to Business Insider, a memo from the company read, “We’ve eliminated a handful of positions and refocused our company-wide talent to address departments that need support and cut redundancies.”
    I see this more as poor positioning with their already harnessed market. They tried to sell a luxury app based on a premium price model for better sound quality, when the people that gravitate to the music of those promoting it get free phones, food stamps or are eyeball deep in debt in college. Unless there was a promotion where you could win a blowjob from beyonce, I just don't get how they thought it would catch on.

Load Metric
    Their cardinal sin was a lack of insulation from the apps success. You cant say "this app rewards artists, artists like me" if you're one of the richer people on the planet, surrounding yourself by the same who are repeating the same line.

Even worse tho, they went to market with a bullshit app. it was buggy, it looked like shit, it had terrible selection of songs, the whole thing was a classic case of hiring the wrong people to do the job then believing them when they said it was ready (hence the CEO getting clipped last week).

It's a spectacular failure and the lessons people stand to learn from it are pretty important.

Comments

DRK Star: sums it up, wraps it up with a bow

Thread Information