Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Devilfish nearly DD

Load Metric
    Take it down

Load Metric
    David "Devilfish" Ulliott was 61 years old.

His wife Anpaktita is 37 years old.

He has eight children; Chris, David, Kerry, Lucy, Matthew, Mike, Paul and Steven.

He was diagnosed with terminal cancer in February but the disease had spread to his liver.

Comments

splitthis: Yellowfish

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sad day... RIP!.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    In fairness the guy has just died.

Indeed Belly. Life is cheaper across the pond tho mate.

What Drex wrote is not new information. Not great behaviour by The Fish (appalling really) But not worthy of such condemnation on the day of his death.

Devilfish was our Moneymaker, but with about 8 zillion bags more charisma, personality and skill.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    In 2008 (don't know if I should mention this person by name), a person who worked for ESPN in coordination with the WSOP in taping their televised events told me among others openly that ESPN mandated that Devilfish was banned from receiving any tv time (showing him playing at a table or any of those stupid ''Nuts segments"

There was one other "player" who was under the same mandate for 2008 by ESPN. Can anyone guess who that was?

Druff no help please
    He did swear alot - I am sure the guy in charge of bleeping out the bad words got his fingers a good workout.

I would guess that the player in 2008 was Men "the Master" Nguyen. That guy is a hot mess.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    In 2008 (don't know if I should mention this person by name), a person who worked for ESPN in coordination with the WSOP in taping their televised events told me among others openly that ESPN mandated that Devilfish was banned from receiving any tv time (showing him playing at a table or any of those stupid ''Nuts segments"

There was one other "player" who was under the same mandate for 2008 by ESPN. Can anyone guess who that was?

Druff no help please
    He did swear alot - I am sure the guy in charge of bleeping out the bad words got his fingers a good workout.

I would guess that the player in 2008 was Men "the Master" Nguyen. That guy is a hot mess.
    Met Nguyen at commerce when I was in Cali. Guy so short that when we hugged for a pic his head fit in my armpit.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

What Drex wrote is not new information. Not great behaviour by The Fish (appalling really) But not worthy of such condemnation on the day of his death.

Devilfish was our Moneymaker, but with about 8 zillion bags more charisma, personality and skill.

rip.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What did he do to make them ban his coverage?

Touching up some woman's titties isn't a big deal if he'd had a skin full. If a woman who was on a night out pinched some guys bum nobody would care, it would be passed off as drunken playfullness. As soon as a bloke does something like that he's a misogynist sexual predator. Go figure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post

What did he do to make them ban his coverage?

Touching up some woman's titties isn't a big deal if he'd had a skin full. If a woman who was on a night out pinched some guys bum nobody would care, it would be passed off as drunken playfullness. As soon as a bloke does something like that he's a misogynist sexual predator. Go figure.

Name:  OgI7Qoq.gif
Views: 477
Size:  1.33 MB

Comments

smithbk: so wrong rep, just... so ... wrong

Load Metric

Life is cheaper?

You forget SuperAids?

Load Metric
    RIP.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

Druff no help please

No, it wasn't Men. It's someone who lives in Vegas and at one time received the wrath of one of the former forum sites.

And I get the guy just died. But again this is PFA. I guarantee you if god forbid I died in a horrific car crash tonight, when it was eventually reported on PFA the jokes would follow, with the standard as well.

I'm just saying the guy was a scum bag. Maybe a great poker player, an icon in England etc but anyone that does the kind of shit to woman that he did, sorry, I'm not going to give him some grace period.

Comments

Dan Druff: yup

Suicide King: Xoxo

Banned
    Load Metric
    EDIT: silly me, obv it has to be micon

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Shot in the dart on drexel trivia but was it david williams?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know a lot about the guy other than a few first hand interactions I had with him during the 2007 WSOP as well as hearing from trustworthy friends about some very unsavory behavior.

When I was friends with the guy in Antigua, I know for a fact that he fondled Antigua guys wife's breasts. And No, there was NOTHING at all she did to lead him to believe this was acceptable or what she wanted. She ended up giving him a nice slap to the face. Not stirring the pot, this was actually on Antigua guys twitter feed according to a retweet I saw.

I also have witnessed him (in front of me) again as well as hearing from very reliable friends that he had exhibited a pattern both in being beyond coarse and disrespectful to woman as well as a pattern of doing things like he had done to Mrs. Antigua to others.

Druff no help please

edit: the ban was on prelim events with the network hoping the uncomfortable situation of either making the main ft not occur
    ^^^^^ 100%

I heard various other stories similar to the above regarding Devilfish.

He was not a good guy.

He also served two prison terms for burglary and safecracking, and was known for being in tons of street fights in his younger days. He was basically a former criminal underworld figure who found his way into poker at a later age, and became beloved to some because he was interesting on TV.

Not someone I wished dead, but also not someone I see deserving of public mourning.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Life is cheaper?

You forget SuperAids?
    Yes, and by all accounts I've heard, Chip Reese was actually a good guy for the most part.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    Shot in the dart on drexel trivia but was it david williams?

Cmon dude. It's a sexual harassment thing. That is never thrown at a young good looking person No matter how guilty they are.

Like Steve dannenman is probably the best guess or maybe Tom franklin. Although not sure if either lives in vegas.

Load Metric
    I don't think the mandate about no ESPN coverage was necessarily about sexual harassment for 2nd guy from context of Drexel post. Maybe it was?

Seems like the timeframe when super user scandal occurred. I can't recall when Russ last played before being implicated. One of the cheaters would have been my guess.

Devilish seemed like a lot of rakish shady characters. Whether you despised him or found him charming probably depended on which day or level of inebriation you caught him. I'd still rather have a guy like that next to me at the table over a kid with earbuds. Clearly molesting women is unacceptable, but the rest sounds forgivable.

I'd want a laterfag is it was me, so

Load Metric
    We went after chip Reese and Brandi. Why the fuck would we care about laterfagging this Limey?

Thread Information