Thread: Awful Ruling in ANZPT Sydney

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Awful Ruling in ANZPT Sydney

There was a lot of commotion at one table and we arrived to see two players all in on a board of {5-Hearts}{3-Hearts}{6-Hearts}{Q-Diamonds}.

The at-risk player held the {K-Clubs}{K-Hearts} but was behind the flopped set of {5-Diamonds}{5-Spades}.

This is when things got very interesting.

The dealer had attempted to put out the river but in the motion of doing so, he had flicked the card facedown into the muck.

The table was stunned and didn’t know what was going to happen.

A supervisor was called over by one of the tournament directors and she seemed confused with the situation. A phone call was made and a few minutes later the decision was made that the hand would be void.

The chips that had been put into the middle from each player were distributed back to them.

As you can imagine, the player who held the pocket fives was not excited about this decision.
    http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...ost.239831.htm

This type fo stuff is why I don't wanna travel to gamble; these floors are incompetent in the US, nvm other areas.

Guess rules are just made up now, like the below (spot whats wrong in the hand after the 8 minute mark):

Last edited by Shizzmoney; 03-20-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    There was a lot of commotion at one table and we arrived to see two players all in on a board of {5-Hearts}{3-Hearts}{6-Hearts}{Q-Diamonds}.

The at-risk player held the {K-Clubs}{K-Hearts} but was behind the flopped set of {5-Diamonds}{5-Spades}.

This is when things got very interesting.

The dealer had attempted to put out the river but in the motion of doing so, he had flicked the card facedown into the muck.

The table was stunned and didn’t know what was going to happen.

A supervisor was called over by one of the tournament directors and she seemed confused with the situation. A phone call was made and a few minutes later the decision was made that the hand would be void.

The chips that had been put into the middle from each player were distributed back to them.

As you can imagine, the player who held the pocket fives was not excited about this decision.

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...ost.239831.htm

This type fo stuff is why I don't wanna travel to gamble; these floors are incompetent in the US, nvm other areas.

Guess rules are just made up now, like the below (spot whats wrong in the hand after the 8 minute mark):

I still can't figure it out? Was he saying hat should have been the burn so he gets the next one?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

For some reason, the dealer asked the player on the button to return a card by looking at them and choosing one to return, possibly the second card he was dealt. Then the dealer gave him another card. Regardless of why the dealer gave the button a replacement card, that player now knew a card that was dead, which other players did not. If had continued playing the hand, he would have had an information advantage. But i still don't know why the dealer gave him a replacement card.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I have an educated guess from playing live poker forever as to what probably happened that hand.

1. Dealer starts to deal out cards.

2. A card of one of the players (not the one seat) gets exposed.

3. Dealer replaces the exposed card and it becomes the burn.

4. After all this happens seat one discovers that he wasnt dealt a second card on the button.

5. Dealer whips top card off the deck to the button.

6. Seat 3 reminds the dealer that the top card on the deck had been exposed and specifically which card it is.

7. Dealer asks seat one to find that specific card.

8. Dealer whips over that card again and shows the table for the second time.

No one calls the floor and action continues.

Edit: If floor was called there would have been significant action and the hand would have played out. Depending on what floor you get and how much of a regular the one seat is would determine if the buttons hand was ruled dead in order to keep the deck less out of order.

If they decided to kill his hand they would cite some grey area of the rule book for protecting ones hand. Saying it's buttons responsibility to instantly alert the dealer that he didn't get a second card.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 06-10-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    For the record I can never think of this coming up in any game I've played and I'm just guessing on the floor rulings. I bet this has happened more than once in games I have played in without me noticing or caring.

Imagine being the dealer in that spot. You know things are fucked but either the utg raise is gonna get fucked with maybe with possibly the wrong hand to start with or a button with no cards. I think it's human nature to try to rectify a super awkward scenario quickly.

Thread Information