lol

Comments

4Dragons: brilliant

Sanlmar: John Oliver is god

Daly: Just destroyed The NCAA Rep

yaahello:

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: it's 2018 i mean come on
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Yes, athletes are paid in "an education", the only currency more difficult to spend than Bitcoin
    Encouraging black student-athletes to take bullshit Swahili courses is the kind of institutional prejudice which might well turn up in one of their African American Studies courses.

His segment on Fifa was good as well.

Actually every episode of this show is great.
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 03-16-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Load Metric
    This show has been under the radar one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. This guy is on point 95% of the time
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    First, a polite "fuck you Druff".

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Net neutrality isn't as simple as it seems......

This is one of the few works of Oliver that I actually like. Usually I just see him as a poor man's Jon Stewart.
    Druff has started more than one thread with a clip from John Oliver. In which he agrees with Oliver's position.

John Oliver WAS Jon Stewart. Oliver collected 3 Emmys as Sr. writer.

Oliver rips the NCAA a fresh asshole. I have posted more than once about how the NCAA is a fucking fraud.

It would have taken a little edge off the comedy but Oliver never mentioned the other Oliver in the NCAA piece. Oliver Luck. QB Andrew Luck's Rhodes Scholar, ex QB, lawyer father.

Oliver Luck is second in command at NCAA and was offered the position despite his well known position regarding college student compensation. EA's names, images and likeness lawsuit loss. Wisconsin's loss regarding athletes union organizing. Etc. etc.

The money is gonna come.

NCAA president's bullshit about how most schools don't make money with athletics. I have always loved the bus ride lower Division I basketball teams make to top tier programs.

Question: why you guys playing that team?

Answer: yeah, we are gonna get crushed but our school gets $100K from the ranked school for the night.

You don't have to be a college finance major to spot the quick buck.

John Oliver is clutch every Sunday.

(4D, notice the quick Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman album cover? 4:24)
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-16-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Load Metric
    SalmonR on John Oliver/Druff tilt

Comments

ThreeBet: Spinning like a top
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Nobody is holding a gun to these kids head to play for "free". They are having the time of their lives playing college sports. For the vast majority (99%) this is the highest level of sports they will ever attain.

If this free education isn't compensation enough for them, they can quit college, try to make a pro team, or find a job in the real world.

Also, WernerŪ ladders are excellent ladders.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Banned
    Load Metric
    another shit thread from one of the biggest fucking dorks ever to grace the pages of the internet

you odd little man

fucking noose x 1000

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    SalmonR on John Oliver/Druff tilt
    Salmon Rushdie? Will I have to go into hiding?

Druff is revealing himself to be a character from a Jane Austen novel.

All middle aged, guilded establishment gentry.

The list of opposing viewpoints have grown to include legalized sports betting, paying college athletes and John Oliver.

He has never commented on BrBa or BCS. There are only two kinds of people in this world pal.

This isn't a Tyde style fatwā

Comments

JUSTIFIEDhomicide: It's just how I always say your name to myself

Banned
    Load Metric
    OP likes to start conversations with himself on his dupes

fact

smarmy little fuck die in a grease fire already

lol dont make me list all your dupes you fucking weirdo

Banned
    Load Metric
    popeil sucks so much cock

Load Metric
    Tyde you hitting some 7 and 7s???

Diamond
    Load Metric
    The endless pussy they get for 4 years is enough "payment"

Comments

ThreeBet: tough but fair counter-point

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Tyde you hitting some 7 and 7s???

blended margaritas dawg

Comments

JUSTIFIEDhomicide: fuckin right

4Dragons: toit

Sanlmar: Green protection payment insuring against injury or dismemberment by Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Nobody is holding a gun to these kids head to play for "free". They are having the time of their lives playing college sports. For the vast majority (99%) this is the highest level of sports they will ever attain.

If this free education isn't compensation enough for them, they can quit college, try to make a pro team, or find a job in the real world.

Also, WernerŪ ladders are excellent ladders.
    To be fair this argument doesn't work for all of the 1%. There are a bunch of kids who would love to go right to the NFL/NBA but the NCAA ( in conjunction with the Pros ) won't let them. How the fuck is that fair?

Load Metric

Load Metric
    It is interesting to look at Michigan football as an example cause we got a bunch of members from that area.

Michigan used to charge their own student body $42 a game under their student season ticket program. They changed it last year to $29 after the student body threatened to go all Kent State on them.

Am I wrong BNP? I think a cup of hot chocolate is $10 at stadium.

The athletic budget is $340 million.

We won't even talk about Harbaughs salary. But frankly he prolly is worth every penny considering how small $8 million a year is as a percentage of the overall dollars involved in athletics budget and the influence he has on further growth.

As silly as Harbaugh's salary sounds - the best part is some donor is gonna get jacked about Michigan just cause he's there and donate $20 million - more than covering his contract.

But the player that everyone comes to see (they are not there to see Harbaugh) should get zero?

You afraid Michigan might not be able to make it if they paid the kids? Yeah, me too.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-16-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, college athletes need to be paid, because most college athletes aren't actually students. They are accepted to the school only for their athletic ability, slipped through classes via useless majors and/or rigged grading, and only exist to make money for the school.

The only argument used against paying college athletes is, "But that would make them pro."

But they already are pro.

The education they get is useless, because most of these guys are not college types and likely couldn't hack any kind of career connected with the degree they receive.

Once schools substantially started lowering their admissions standards in order to get the best athletes playing for them, the argument of "B-b-b-but these guys are students, not pro athletes!" goes out the window.

The fact that college athletics brings in so much money makes this situation even more obnoxious.

Time to drop this whole sham of believing the NCAA is a collection of college students playing one another, and accept the fact that these are pro athletes on the way to top-level professional sports, temporarily representing a school.

Pay the men their mahney.

Load Metric
    You are as good as your last post, Druff.

Only issue I take is the inference that most college athletes aren't worthy university material.

First we accept that university degrees in general have diminished in value across the board.

I will, in turn, accept colleges don't give one shit if you are anything more than meeting minimum requirement.

Lotta schools go through the motions of requiring kids to sit in a monitored study hall a minimum number of hours each day unless you achieve a certain GPA.

The correlation between athletic ability and intelligence isn't inverse.

Regardless, the NCAA has rules regarding the maximum number of hours an athlete can participate in practice/training/games per week.

The major sports are almost all about 40 hours. I think baseball is 41.6 this year. I don't care if you are a bright prep school kid. It is rough to apply the proper effort a rigorous course load requires.

Throw the kid on a bus for a road trip and he isn't even on campus much less class.

I think Richard Sherman spoke about this in video. He is no dummy. Legit Stanford student. He nailed it.

So yeah, the degree offered is kinda worthless cause it is impossible by the NCAA rules to take full advantage.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-16-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Load Metric
    As much as everyone wants to claim the NCAA is bullshit for not paying the student athletes, can someone actually post a realistic solution?

I've yet to ever hear one. All I hear is that the NCAA is screwing over the athletes. How do you possibly pay athletes? Do they ALL get the same amount? If different, how do they get paid and how much? Do small schools get fucked because they cant pony up millions for some 4 star recruit?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar
    The correlation between athletic ability and intelligence isn't inverse.
    It's not always inverse, but it is frequently -- or at least it is regarding book intelligence.

Maybe it's somewhat societal influence. I don't know.

What I do know is that a college "athlete" being a good high school student with a high SAT score is the exception, not the rule.

And you definitely have players on every team who would have missed university admissions by a mile, if they weren't good athletes. That by itself is an indictment of the farce that is "college athletics".

Comments

Sanlmar: Fair - but you agree with me on major point & that is what's important - right?

Thread Information