Thread: The Germans and Japanese are planning a joint venture effort once more

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Germans and Japanese are planning a joint venture once again.

Believe it or not that is a Supra planned for 2018. BMW body with a Toyota engine.
    I'd have my order in by now but not only must we never forget, we should also be watching them every step of the way.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  98.7 KB

Speaking of the rest of the world, I read this gem in an Esquire magazine lately.
    Someone named Stephen Marche, who just happens to be a Canadian douchebag, felt it was time to bash the civilized world, namely the British upper crust.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

Belly Buster: you didn't read it all the way to the end rep
    Last edited by limitles; 03-16-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Load Metric
    The guy who was responsible for bringing the 240Z (precursor to the Supra) to the U.S. died recently. Heard a piece on the radio about him. Katayama. He was 105.

This put me on memory lane as I sat in car listening to the news.

My friends and I used to buy go karts like this when everyone else was buying muscle in high school. We had more fun racing through neighborhoods sideways than they did going in a straight line.

I could pick up an old 240Z pretty cheap - beat the ever lovin piss out of it and usually sell it for close to what I paid. I was not a gear head and the multiple SU carbs kicked my ass. I could never tune them right.

240Z even out of tune was a rocket ship on rails.

My last foray was a Fiat X-1/9. Three of us had the same car. Mid engine micro motor. But an absolute go kart.

I fried the motor. I absolutely beat the shit out of this thing. I think the oil pump went.
    Again, I was not a gear head. You almost had to pull the motor to change the spark plugs. So I was fucked.

I left a case of beer and the keys in it one night. Plan was someone was supposed to torch it and dump it in a quarry. Collect the insurance and reload.

My parents got a call that night from the police. There was no water in the quarry and apparently it was quite the fire bomb.

The insurance company and the police finally got me to crack. I Agreed to eat the loss and they dropped everything. I spent the next year - including a New England winter - driving a cheap motor cycle.

Fucking great memories.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: love fires in quarries rep

simpdog: badguy scheme rep
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-16-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Re: Belly Buster's remark.

I'm a British "just about everything" fan-boy, so you may have read me wrong and maybe I read the piece wrong. I just don't see how you write the first 99% of that blurb and throw in his cutesy remark at the end unless it was all satiracal and another one just flew over me ed.
    Last edited by limitles; 03-16-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    There was no water in the quarry and apparently it was quite the fire bomb.
    Quincy, I'm guessing? Whereabouts did you grow up, btw?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    There was no water in the quarry and apparently it was quite the fire bomb.
    Quincy, I'm guessing? Whereabouts did you grow up, btw?
    I actually think it was North Shore somewhere.

I was Concord.

I used to lift on the north shore with a couple of small time muscle head Italian wanna be crooks in high school. They solved problems. You just had to ask and it was done. With varying degrees of success, as you can see.

We never spoke about it afterward. It was just understood. The subject just never came up. It was a big loss for a high school kid - but "no tears".

It was also very interesting that my parents never brought it up either. They knew I was gonna get ass fucked. Welcome to the real world kid. Respected them for that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I'm a British "just about everything" fan-boy, so you may have read me wrong and maybe I read the piece wrong. I just don't see how you write the first 99% of that blurb and throw in his cutesy remark at the end unless it was all satiracal and another one just flew over me ed.

Think it's actually an advertisement for the tv program "Downton Abbey" and wrote in complete satirical jest.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

Think it's actually an advertisement for the tv program "Downton Abbey" and wrote in complete satirical jest.

Should have realized this as the writer would have been comitting career suicide. In my defence, I've not seen the show and don't know the writer. Poor excuses I know but appearing in an American mag I thought maybe.

To redeem myself, I'll say British TV trumps them all. Currently watching the latest Sherlock Holmes series and the Allan Partridge one where he's living in a motel. Top notch. Pip pip, carry on.

Comments

Belly Buster: Redeemed.

Load Metric
    Currently watching the latest Sherlock Holmes series and the Allan Partridge one where he's living in a motel. Top notch. Pip pip, carry on.
    Name:  AcTYdE0.gif
Views: 489
Size:  961.4 KB

Comments

limitles: Oh yes. We have a keeper. HOF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Believe it or not that is a Supra planned for 2018. BMW body with a Toyota engine.
    I'd have my order in by now but not only must we never forget, we should also be watching them every step of the way.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  98.7 KB

Speaking of the rest of the world, I read this gem in an Esquire magazine lately.
    Someone named Stephen Marche, who just happens to be a Canadian douchebag, felt it was time to bash the civilized world, namely the British upper crust.
    Back in the 80,s which I'm so fond of my good friend bought the"new" 240z turbo. White with red leather and t tops..fun cruising days! Let's get back to 5percent growth so we can be fun,stupid,lazy Americans again!!

Thread Information