Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesus christ.. jesus christ almighty... The Robert Durst Documentary

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I remember reading about the Galveston trial back then and thinking to myself, man if I ever want to kill someone...I'll do it in Galveston, those juries must be dumb as shit.

Load Metric
    SonatiNe absolutely has killed some hookers

Load Metric
    I saw the first two episodes and put this on ice. Can someone break down what happened in the last 48 hours? Is the angle here that HBO was gearing up for the final episode and "out of the blue" they "just happened" to find a confession they didn't know they had 24 hours before the last episode hit?

I'm probably missing a ton of info here but that what someone made it sound like.

Load Metric
    Like they barely checked for fingerprints in the mid 90s

Load Metric
    Saw this story in the LA Times today and decided to watch a few episodes. This guy has the eyes of a killer. Definitely one of those instances where the truth is stranger than fiction.

Load Metric
    Like DuPont rich fucker thinking he has rights beyond his wealth. Fucker should fry.

Load Metric
    He is HAF in the interviews

Load Metric
    This is one of the craziest stories ever.

Load Metric
    the timing of it all is the intriguing part for me too. its been declared by production team that all tapes were handed over to the cops months ago, yet they wait til it publicly airs to grab him.

wonder if this was some kind of epic sting deal between cops and producers of the show.

they know even though hes batshit crazy hes smart enough to not talk to cops, buts hes so eccentric put him in front of a camera and anything could happen.
    if you get the evidence we'll time the arrest to coincide with ratings gold

Comments

Sanlmar: Nicely done

Load Metric
    id put absolutely nothing past the interviewer.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    the timing of it all is the intriguing part for me too. its been declared by production team that all tapes were handed over to the cops months ago, yet they wait til it publicly air to grab him.

wonder if this was some kind of epic sting deal between cops and producers of the show.

they know even though hes batshit crazy hes smart enough to not talk to cops, buts hes so eccentric put him in front of a camera and anything could happen.
    if you get the evidence we'll time the arrest to coincide with ratings gold
    Are you inferring that the producers cut a deal with the cops??.. The producers hand over the confession if the cops agree to withhold arrest til after show airs??

I don't know how the police operate where you live. Projecting such sketchy shady law enforcement practices onto American police and jurisprudence leaves me kind of offended.

Our young men fought in Iraq & Afghanistan to.. to defend our..... to.... Oh fuck, I forget why.

But anyway,

We have a trial by jury system here in the old USA and no police official would risk jeopardizing the case with that crazy deal before checking with the DA.

Of course, the DA would recognize the appearance of deliberately poisoning the well of public opinion for no reason other than increasing the chance of guilty verdict. The resulting claim that a fair trial could not be had as a result of the States actions - well....

... that's just batshit crazy

Comments

phantom: next level thinking rep
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-16-2015 at 11:50 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Just finished the last episode.

My reaction?

Name:  dhMeAzK.gif
Views: 973
Size:  1.82 MB

Load Metric
    I've been watching this the past two days and just finished the finale. Absolutely terrific documentary and ending. I purposefully avoided reading this thread and other news sources to avoid spoilers, so now I'm playing catch-up.

Seriously, how the fuck do you make the hot mic mistake AGAIN. He already got hot mic'd when they took a couple minutes break and his lawyer stepped in and said, hey your mic is on. He played it off pretty well that time. What a goofball. Gonna be a fun trial to watch.
    Last edited by PLOL; 03-17-2015 at 03:42 AM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I've been watching this the past two days and just finished the finale. Absolutely terrific documentary and ending. I purposefully avoided reading this thread and other news sources to avoid spoilers, so now I'm playing catch-up.

Seriously, how the fuck do you make the hot mic mistake AGAIN. He already got hot mic'd when they took a couple minutes break and his lawyer stepped in and said, hey your mic is on. He played it off pretty well that time. What a goofball. Gonna be a fun trial to watch.
    Why is everyone assuming the hot mic thing was a mistake? Dude has gotten off on getting off for years. Just part if his MO in my opinion

Comments

sonatine: interesting
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Banned
    Load Metric
    not interested in this at all

wow huge shocker

another human being

being horrible

yawn

Load Metric
    Gawker article suggesting Durst is, point blank, a serial killer with a larger body count than the HBO special touches on:

Kristen Modafferi

On June 23rd, 1997, 18-year-old Kristen Modafferi disappeared after leaving work at a coffee shop in a San Francisco, California mall. She'd moved to San Francisco after completing her first year at North Carolina State University. Robert Durst owned a home in the city at the time of her disappearance.

In a 2003 article from the Galveston County Daily News—an article recreated somewhat poorly on a message board—investigative journalist Matt Birkbeck, who wrote 2002's A Deadly Secret about the disappearance of Durst's wife Kathie, says he was talking to Oakland police while writing a story on the disappearance of Kristen Modafferi when they mentioned the suspect they were looking for in San Francisco. The suspect had been involved with cross-dressing and would get "large amounts of money wired in from the East Coast." Birkbeck says he thought of Durst:

Detectives began looking, and found Durst [had] as many as nine residences in Northern California during the late 1990s. Birkbeck starts to just casually mention Durst, [investigator with the San Francisco District Attorney's Office] Bradley said. Quite by happenstance, another investigator in Oakland overhearing bits and pieces of this went to a national Web site for missing children, starts fooling around and finds Karens case, he said. Thats literally what a dumb-luck discovery it was. We dug further and then found out Bob Durst had property in Eureka and then here in San Fran, too. I can prove that he was in and out of San Francisco on a regular basis from 1995 to 2001.
    Karen Marie Mitchell

Karen Marie Mitchell was last seen on November 25th, 1997 leaving her job at a mall in Eureka, California. Witnesses say she left in a light blue sedan, the driver of which was a 60-70 year old male with either light grey or sandy blond hair. At the time of her disappearance, Durst drove a green Ford Explorer around northern California, but according to a 2003 The Journal News article that cites John Bradley, an investigator with the San Francisco District Attorney's Office at the time, a "drug user and prostitute" who was friendly with Durst told authorities that she only knew him to drive a light blue car.

A witness composite sketch of the driver looks a bit like Durst:

The Other Disappearances Connected to Robert Durst

Durst lived in Trinidad, a nearby town, at the time of Mitchell's disappearance, and—according to investigative journalist Matt Birkbeck—frequented a homeless shelter where she volunteered. He also visited the shoe store where Mitchell worked several times in March of 1998, four months after she disappeared.

Matt Birkbeck claims Durst believed he would be indicted in Mitchell's case:

"I originally reported on Durst's connection to the Mitchell disappearance in 2003 while he was awaiting trial for the Morris Black murder, and during the trial I was told then by someone close to Durst's defense team that Durst thought he would be indicted for Mitchell. He never was."
    Igor, Igor, Igor, Igor, Igor, Igor, and Igor

Perhaps the most disturbing claim against Durst, at least in its specificity and believability, comes from Robert's brother Douglas Durst, and concerns dogs rather than humans.

In a rare interview with the New York Times in January, 2015, Douglas—who described his brother as "a true psychopath"—spoke about the deaths of Robert's seven Alaskan Malamuts named Igor:

"Before the disappearance of my sister-in-law, Bob had a series of Alaskan Malamutes, which is like a husky," Douglas Durst said. "He had seven of them, and they all died, mysteriously, of different things, within six months of his owning them. All of them named Igor. We don't know how they died, and what happened to their bodies."
    "In retrospect," he says, "I now believe he was practicing killing and disposing his wife with those dogs." Douglas also mentions that Robert would use Igor as a verb, claiming, "When he was in jail in Pennsylvania, he was recorded saying, 'I want to Igor Douglas.'"

In that same interview Douglas said, "There's no doubt in my mind that if he had the opportunity to kill me, he would."

Comments

phantom: more concerning is having 7 dogs all named igor

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Sonatines super fat you guys

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Sonatines super fat you guys

Im legally a midget, we dont have a lot of vertical storage for body fat.

Load Metric
    His mom topped herself more or less in front of him at the age of 7

What does this mean?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Pooh as I recall she jumped off a roof and committed suicide and he either saw the body or saw her jump.....could be recalling incorrectly tho

Thread Information