Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesus christ.. jesus christ almighty... The Robert Durst Documentary

Load Metric

Jesus christ.. jesus christ almighty... The Robert Durst Documentary

So... Robert Durst is a member of the Durst Family, who is pretty much the largest real estate dynasty in NY and worth hundreds of billions yada yada.

Robert Durst is kind of a black sheep tho. His mom topped herself more or less in front of him at the age of 7, so on, so that plus his hilari-Aspergers has turned him into a freak/weird dude.

Albeit a freak/weird dude worth aboooout $100 mil.

Long time ago in the hippie days, his wife vanished. Lots of speculation he killed her. Eventually he vanishes. Turns out he spent some time cross dressing and passing as a mute woman (albeit a very ugly one) in a Texas boarding house.

We know this because while he was there, he killed and chopped up a neighbor, got caught, and was put on trial for it. His defense was something like "uhh yeah self defense" and thanks to one of the all time great legal teams, he got off. Like clean pretty much.

SO.. he capers around NYC while his family get restraining orders against him because all of them are pretty much certain hes going to kill them next, probably for absolutely no reason.

Around that time, his BFF in California, some chick who was a mobsters daughter and was widely considered as a possible conspirator in the disappearing of his wife gets a visit from some NY cops. She makes noises like she might spill some beans. A few weeks later, she gets popped in the back of the head.

A weirdly printed piece of mail arrives at the Beverly Hills Police department the next day saying there is a 'cadaver' in her home. It's addressed simply to "Beverley Police Department".

Still, no one can seem to tie Durst to it, so the case dies.

So literally Durst 3, society 0.

Some time later, some assfag director makes a shitty movie based on Durst's life. Durst is intrigued. He reaches out to the director. Director is like "uh.. holy shit... yeah Id love to do a series of interviews where you get to tell your side of the story."

And so, the six part HBO series starts filming; its a collection of interviews with Durst, the people around him, the various lawyers and prosecutors and members of his victims families so on, as well as a lot of ass-faggoty reenactments and a totally inappropriate hipster dicksuck of a theme song. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect.

Except in the second to episode, the LA chicks son calls up, freaking out. He found a box of her shit, with an envelope from Robert Durst in it.

Same freaky fucking weird aspie block letters, and he spells her address... Beverley Hills.

So naturally the last episode, which aired a few hours ago, they confront him with it, he does his weasle act, claims he didnt write the police note, so on. Then he goes to the bathroom and more or less confesses everything with a hot mic.

The cherry on the cake is, right before it aired tonight, the police snatches his ass up and charged him for the LA murder.

This is the craziest of crazy shit and its worth checking out because holy shit, WOW.

Also, good luck in jail mobster daughter killer.

WOW.

Comments

herbertstemple: Crazy story, can't make things like this up.

simpdog: awesome

Entropy: wow
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    I heard really good things about this and I watched two episodes so far. Definitely lives up to the hype I was hearing. The story is absolutely fucking insane.

Load Metric
    its just so beyond anything i expected.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    for anyone interested:

Name:  the-jinx-the-life-and-deaths-of-robert-durst.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  7.8 KB
    http://videobull.to/?s=jinx&x=0&y=0

Comments

sonatine: 9 mother fucking hundo

Load Metric
    Number might finally be up:

http://abc13.com/558767/

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
    Number might finally be up:

http://abc13.com/558767/
    I'm only 2 episodes in to the miniseries and this guy is already setting up the fucking sequel? Literally the story that doesn't stop giving. You have to assume after the 3 publicized murders he has gotten away with that he'll tap dance around this shit too.

One thing that I really don't get is if you're so willing to live in Galveston, TX as a woman and eventually kill your neighbor, why not just fucking move to a country with no extradition. Deep down he's getting off on this shit.

Load Metric
    I couldnt stop asking myself the same question.

But the more you get into him, the more it makes sense.

He jumped bail before the Texas trial and got arrested for shoplifting a sandwich. He had $500 in his pocket, $35k in the car.

Hes just not a functional person in the traditional sense. He's absolutely 100% a fringe/borderline personality. He makes strange decisions. When he was on bail for something or other after skating murder in Texas, he just straight up whipped out his dick and pissed on a candy display in a drug store. Its just weird.

Also the director has no choice but to make a follow up; this trial is going to be outrageous.

Comments

Sandwich: shoplifting a sandwich rep

Load Metric
    what i don't get is how he killed the daughter of a mobster and no one from the mafia ever came for him

that should have been more than enough to end this story

the mob could have killed him, extorted him...

he had to pay it out to still be living

awful human being either way

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

He jumped bail before the Texas trial and got arrested for shoplifting a sandwich. He had $500 in his pocket, $35k in the car.

Hes just not a functional person in the traditional sense. He's absolutely 100% a fringe/borderline personality. He makes strange decisions. When he was on bail for something or other after skating murder in Texas, he just straight up whipped out his dick and pissed on a candy display in a drug store. Its just weird.

Also the director has no choice but to make a follow up; this trial is going to be outrageous.
    I'm sure you already know this but I can't remember if I heard it from the hype or in the first episode but apparently the director made a movie preflop the doc/miniseries. AAAND the reason why Durst agreed to jump on board was because he enjoyed the movie about his story so much.

So you have to imagine with a potential trial looming that the director is just chomping at the bits and likely it's making Durst feel all bubbly inside.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

I'm sure you already know this but I can't remember if I heard it from the hype or in the first episode but apparently the director made a movie preflop the doc/miniseries. AAAND the reason why Durst agreed to jump on board was because he enjoyed the movie about his story so much.

So you have to imagine with a potential trial looming that the director is just chomping at the bits and likely it's making Durst feel all bubbly inside.

Really? He made a movie about Durst and that got Durst involved? Whoaaaaa....

Some time later, some assfag director makes a shitty movie based on Durst's life. Durst is intrigued. He reaches out to the director. Director is like "uh.. holy shit... yeah Id love to do a series of interviews where you get to tell your side of the story."
    WOW.

Comments

lewfather: got owned rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol must have glossed over that bit tine, apologies.

Just in case someone has no clue what we're talking about...

Load Metric
    how will this one turn out?

my guess it's a deja vu that goes like this: after a shit load of taxpayer money is spent by the police building a case, a trial is held with extensive TV coverage (mostly cable networks this time) but then the defendant's money plays: LA County District Attorney sells out by picking an incompetent like Marcia Clark or Christopher Darden to try (botch) the case, the Superior Court system co-operates too by assigning one of its poorer judges, and the defendant hires big name but mediocre attorneys...the resulting grand spectacular ends up in another acquittal...the then everyone directly involved writes a book and makes bank...after all that Vincent Bugliosi authors the wrap up book that is a scathing Monday morning quarterback rip job on the prosecution...

i know, its been done before, but money is still powerful and no one in politics/government ever gets punished, right Mayor Garcetti?
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 03-15-2015 at 11:07 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    lol must have glossed over that bit tine, apologies.

Just in case someone has no clue what we're talking about...

Comments

lewfather: rofl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    how will this one turn out?

my guess it's a deja vu that goes like this: after a shit load of money is spent by the police building a case, a trial is held with extensive TV coverage (mostly cable networks this time) but the LA District Attorney is bought off and puts someone like Marcia Clark or Christopher Darden to move along the botching of the case, the Superior Court system kicks in by assigning one of its poorer judges and it all adds up to another acquittal...the then everyone directly involved writes a book and makes bank and after all that Vincent Bugliosi authors the wrap up book that is a scathing monday morning quarterback critique of the prosecution...

i know, its been done before, but money is still powerful and no one in politics/government gets punished

honestly its hard to say. everyone knows he did it. but what will the actual evidence bring to bar? really all they have is that letter. "oh the real killer saw it and framed him by imitating the handwriting and spelling". ok then what?

what else is admissible? im thinking approximately nothing.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: rapid response rep---i wasn't finished editing...

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LnO:Criminal Intent ep based loosely on this too.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I couldnt remember much about this guy so I googled and just clicked on a GMA episode video highlighting everything

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robert-durs...ry?id=29650536

Did I hear it right? It was taped a couple of years ago and director finally realized he said this now? What the hell took so long?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I couldnt remember much about this guy so I googled and just clicked on a GMA episode video highlighting everything

Did I hear it right? It was taped a couple of years ago and director finally realized he said this now? What the hell took so long?
    The show needed better ratings so this was a great plot twist.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Yeah I caught that too. Honestly tho the hot mic comments were not the bombshell they make it out to be. They could be construed as a confession or construed as him simply mumbling about what others thought. But yeah him not realizing he had them for 2 years is lolzy.

Load Metric
    Jesus christ... jesus christ almighty... you're late to the party. At the risk of sounding like a hipster, i've been watching this show since before it was cool.

Comments

Muck Ficon: No one cares Elliot

Load Metric
    Krypt the show is 5 weeks old, what are you talking about..

On the upside, I did pay attention to you for a second, so Im sure you'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Comments

Gordman: i dont know why, but I chuckled a little

Thread Information