Thread: Western Union vs MoneyGram

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Western Union vs MoneyGram

I'm looking to deposit to ACR using either WU or MG.

I've seen some recent postings about people getting banned from WU for trying to deposit to various US facing sites. Don't know the validity of it, could be rumors.

Does anyone have an opinion about which one is better?

I'll be going to a check cashing place, instead of a supermarket.

I remember reading a thread Druff had a while ago about his experiences with WU and bovada. Sounded like a big headcahce.

I think the fees are similar, but am willing to eat a bigger fee for a smoother process.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Western Union is clamping down upon people using them for gambling deposits.

I would avoid them right now. Some people are getting permanently blacklisted for using them for gambling-related deposits.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Ok. Good to know. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd use Money Gram which they will refund the fee I believe for anything over a certain amount or deposit by Bitcoin if that is an option to you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You can use a pre paid debit card you get from Walgreen or rite aid, I've used western union occasionally with no problem

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    been a while, forgot to follow up.

I ended up using WU, the MG location near me was closed and other places were not convenient.

Made the mistake of depositing less than what ACR refunds for. They refund the vig on MG for 100 but 300 for WU. I had planned on using MG and was putting on over the minimum. Anyway it went smoothly. I did it at a supermarket where I go all the time.

Might be an issue if I went somewhere where they don't recognize me.

The girl who entered the info for me changed the spelling of the name and I had her correct it to what I had written down.

This was a mistake, I had misspelled the middle name. Should have trusted her on the spelling, she's Dominican. Anyway, thought it would be a problem but it ended up going through anyway.

Thanks for the other suggestions.

I can't play bovada, so ACR it is. Doesn't seem bad except its got a small player pool.
    Last edited by Wood; 05-25-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Money Gram is way cheaper on fees.

Have sent $2000 to California and had it put on hold until I answered about 10 very personal questions.

Also, two other friends sent $2000-$4000 to California and had the same exact issue and was told California is a high scamming rate state.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    been a while, forgot to follow up.

I ended up using WU, the MG location near me was closed and other places were not convenient.

Made the mistake of depositing less than what ACR refunds for. They refund the vig on MG for 100 but 300 for WU. I had planned on using MG and was putting on over the minimum. Anyway it went smoothly. I did it at a supermarket where I go all the time.

Might be an issue if I went somewhere where they don't recognize me.

The girl who entered the info for me changed the spelling of the name and I had her correct it to what I had written down.

This was a mistake, I had misspelled the middle name. Should have trusted her on the spelling, she's Dominican. Anyway, thought it would be a problem but it ended up going through anyway.

Thanks for the other suggestions.

I can't play bovada, so ACR it is. Doesn't seem bad except its got a small player pool.
    As far as debit cards "green dot" works every time..

"Excella" card works most of the time. When it doesn't, wait 5 minutes and try again. Eventually it will also..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Deposited with MG last week. Make sure the fuckers send it in US dollars or you will be doing like I did and driving your ass back to walmart to get refunded.

Thread Information