I had a problem with Chrome flipping out on certain web pages and totally freezing my Windows 7.

The freeze would happen for like 5-15 seconds, and I was going crazy trying to solve it.

Finally I beat it, so I figured I might as well share it with people here:

If you see your Chrome do this (freeze the whole computer), look at the bottom of the browser. If you see "Waiting for Cache...", then you have this exact bug.

There is a relatively easy fix to stop the problem.

It involves a problem with the "User Data" folder for Chrome.

You just need to go to this directory:

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome

Take the folder called "User Data" and copy it anywhere else on your hard drive. Like, for example, make a directory called "Chrome Data" under the main C: drive, and just copy the "User Data" folder to that folder. Don't copy just the contents of the folder. Actually copy the whole folder called "User Data" to where it now resides in the new folder you just created.

Now delete the "User Data" folder in the original location.

Finally, open up a console window (type "cmd" at the run prompt) and type the following:

mklink /J "[old location of UserData]" "[new location of UserData]"

Let's say your User Data folder was located at C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome and you moved it to C:\googlecache

You would type:

mklink /J "C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Use r Data" "C:\googlecache\User Data"

(ignore the space between Use and r, I don't know why the forum is doing that)

Don't bother with any of this if your Chrome isn't regularly freezing your computer. If you need help, just post here or PM me.