Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Went Shooting Today

Load Metric

Went Shooting Today

Clark County Shooting Complex, supposedly one of the best in the world.

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/shootingcomplex

A LOT harder than I expected it to be. Actually I didn't know what to expect.

We did the shotgun course. I started off terribly, but ended up surprising myself and my buddy and started hitting the dishes pretty consistently. I even nailed three "true" shots.

I can see how this could be addicting. Shit is like golf with guns.

Comments

limitles: I hope this doesn't mean you were forbidden to own a gun until now due to that unfortunate senior's home incident as a yout
    Last edited by vegas1369; 03-08-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Load Metric
    Im honestly trying to avoid trolling you. With that being said, I would be highly embarrassed as a white American adult male to admit he had never shot guns before
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Im honestly trying to avoid trolling you. With that being said, I would be highly embarrassed as a white American adult male to admit he had never shot guns before
    Troll all you want, I'm not embarrassed at all admitting that. I used to shoot a lot in my teens. Never did anything like this though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Troll all you want, I'm not embarrassed at all admitting that. I used to shoot a lot in my teens. Never did anything like this though.
    I thought going out and shooting was actually a fairly common recreational thing around Las Vegas? And I know you are an outside guy, boating and golfing and shit. I just honestly never would have pegged your for not being a gun guy
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Why???
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Why???
    Well for starters, its kind of what this country was founded on. In our constitution the first thing set aside as being a right of all men was freedom of speech. The second was the right to bear arms.

But more than that even, its just so common here. Maybe I'm in an isolated hick bubble in Missouri and this isnt actually the case everywhere. I just know where Im from you would be hard pressed to find a single adult male who would openly admit to never shooting a gun. 90% have and the other 10% would lie out of embarrasment

Comments

herbertstemple: If you let people know you don't have a gun in your home you become a target fot thieves.

JimmyG_415: I'd be more embarrassed if I was American, and thought it was spelled this way. BARE arms moron

Load Metric
    Well for starters, its kind of what this country was founded on. In our constitution the first thing set aside as being a right of all men was freedom of speech. The second was the right to bear arms.

But more than that even, its just so common here. Maybe I'm in an isolated hick bubble in Missouri and this isnt actually the case everywhere. I just know where Im from you would be hard pressed to find a single adult male who would openly admit to never shooting a gun. 90% have and the other 10% would lie out of embarrasment
    As long as it makes sense in your mind I guess.

Carry on.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

Why???

I can see this. Where I'm from its not as big of a deal. People shoot, but definitely not to the degree you see west of the Mississippi. You are correct though, it's huge out here. Also, there are more people with conceal and carry than not it seems.

I think I might have found a new semi pastime.

Load Metric
    Shooting skeet is fun even in commie CA

It's funny though I have certain friends who shoot on the reg and others who have never held a gun.

Load Metric
    Should I relocate back to Vegas (inevitable I suppose), we will trot out the Barrett and wake the Gods.

Comments

vegas1369: Yes

4Dragons: barrett rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Shooting skeet is fun even in commie CA

It's funny though I have certain friends who shoot on the reg and others who have never held a gun.
    Yeah, that's kind of more what I was talking about. The sport of it was a lot of fun. This complex is amazing.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Shooting is very fun, also certain guns are a great investment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Clark County Shooting Complex, supposedly one of the best in the world.

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/shootingcomplex

A LOT harder than I expected it to be. Actually I didn't know what to expect.

We did the shotgun course. I started off terribly, but ended up surprising myself and my buddy and started hitting the dishes pretty consistently. I even nailed three "true" shots.

I can see how this could be addicting. Shit is like golf with guns.
    One of my best childhood memories was pestering my Dad to take me out duck hunting.
    Dad was no hunter but he caved after a while and we rented a couple of .410 shotguns, which might get you a humming bird if it's sick, anyway, we asked a farmer if we could truck around on his land and there was a lot of nothing happening cause we we as green as could be. Eventually we scared some Mallards up and managed to get some shots off. Probably never got near them and just as well when you think about the rest of the job that would follow.

Hunting is addictive and natural. There is some tension there from both sides I imagine.
    Duck hunting would be enough for me. The big game is for serious players.

Load Metric

Why???

I've never shot a gun before, and hopefully never will. I think it depends on where you're from for it to be a rarity or not. I would say a big majority of people I associate with have never shot a gun. The more educated somebody is, the less likely they are to have used a gun.

Comments

Nikki:

thesparten: Are you serious???
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

I've never shot a gun before, and hopefully never will. I think it depends on where you're from for it to be a rarity or not. I would say a big majority of people I associate with have never shot a gun. The more educated somebody is, the less likely they are to have used a gun.
    Yeah but you're also gay, so you don't really count in this debate

Comments

big dick: lol

Gordman: lol

Load Metric
    That's true. Gay people are more likely to seek higher education and thus are less likely to have used a gun
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

That's true. Gay people are more likely to seek higher education and thus are less likely to have used a gun
    Damn, the gay dude is up in his ivory tower tonight. I dont know that I necessarily believe either of these facts you are throwing out. I dont entirely discount them as being false, but it just seems like you are being pretty liberal (no pun) in your interpretations. Care to provide any source documents?

If you keep arguing with me I will just shoot you in your fag face. With all due respect

Lots of interesting gun data here:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ng-households/

Comments

WillieMcFML: that's not very nice

Kuntmissioner: sixtoedpete revisited

Banned
    Load Metric

Why???

lolwat

The constitution also protects freedom of the press. Are you ashamed for not starting a newspaper?

I've never fired a gun. Neither have roughly 30% of Americans. I'm not embarrassed one bit. If you want to measure dicks about being a "real man", let's start with being honorable and *ahem* fulfilling commitments.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: shots fired (?) rep

Load Metric

Are you saying that due to their nature, gays do not belong in the military?
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

lolwat

The constitution also protects freedom of the press. Are you ashamed for not starting a newspaper?

I've never fired a gun. Neither have roughly 30% of Americans. I'm not embarrassed one bit. If you want to measure dicks about being a "real man", let's start with being honorable and *ahem* fulfilling commitments.
    Maybe you missed the part where I said "but more than that"

Comments

thesparten: your just an elitist snob liberal who missing the good ol days of a feudal system

Thread Information