Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 03/08/2015 - NO FREEROLL - NEED CO-HOST

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 03/08/2015 - NO FREEROLL - NEED CO-HOST

Show begins at 4:00pm PDT on March 8, 2015. (Note special day and time!)

We need a co-host! Please volunteer if you can make it!

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)! You can also call our mountaintop number (an old '70s phone sitting on top of Mt. Charleston) at (702) 430-1808.

You can also text Druff at any time before, during, or after the show, at (775) 372-8355 (our main phone number).

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

There will be no freeroll today, due to the show's unusual date and time. It will return on March 17.

Agenda for tonight:

- So close, yet so far away: Druff barely misses fluke 1-in-9,746,000 jackpot at video poker machine

- "hdev" from Seals With Clubs shows up on Pokerfraudalert, answers questions

- More on the peculiar Poker Automatics scam

- Pala Interactive to puling out of New Jersey, fearing Pokerstars' entry to the market

- Pokerstars said to be delayed in New Jersey due to Governor Chris Christie

- Microgaming Network cracks down on bots

- Lock Poker still licensed in Curacao

- $500,000 buyin event planned at Aria on July 2

- Editorial #1: Could California online poker legalization be a bad thing for pro players in the state?

- Editorial #2: The seemingly inconsequential moments in my life with huge consequences

- Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

Load Metric
    j sizzle for cohost.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    j sizzle for cohost.
    noose for SysOp

Comments

SysOp: was kidding obv

Load Metric
    What's the point of hdev showing up and answering ?'s. Didn't everyone leave that sinking ship but Fucon

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HotlikeSauce View Post
    What's the point of hdev showing up and answering ?'s. Didn't everyone leave that sinking ship but Fucon
    Probably the fact he devoted a good part of his life to this thing that a shitload of people here are interested in, and have questions about, that pretty much only a very small handful of people could ever answer, hdev being one of them. Seems pretty natural to me.

Load Metric
    Sadly, I cannot co-host tonight as it conflicts with the Brier final.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Priorities rep.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Show begins at 4:00pm PDT on March 8, 2015. (Note special day and time!)

We need a co-host! Please volunteer if you can make it!

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)! You can also call our mountaintop number (an old '70s phone sitting on top of Mt. Charleston) at (702) 430-1808.

You can also text Druff at any time before, during, or after the show, at (775) 372-8355 (our main phone number).

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

There will be no freeroll today, due to the show's unusual date and time. It will return on March 17.

Agenda for tonight:

- So close, yet so far away: Druff barely misses fluke 1-in-9,746,000 jackpot at video poker machine

- "hdev" from Seals With Clubs shows up on Pokerfraudalert, answers questions

- More on the peculiar Poker Automatics scam

- Pala Interactive to puling out of New Jersey, fearing Pokerstars' entry to the market

- Pokerstars said to be delayed in New Jersey due to Governor Chris Christie

- Microgaming Network cracks down on bots

- Lock Poker still licensed in Curacao

- $500,000 buyin event planned at Aria on July 2

- Editorial #1: Could California online poker legalization be a bad thing for pro players in the state?

- Editorial #2: The seemingly inconsequential moments in my life with huge consequences

- Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

The one time i can listen live no tournament smh. Anyway should be a good show Druff, (suggestions) would love to hear from the Kernel Chico and Ken Scalir. Jewdonk call in or Wiess call in would be great. Daredevil if you actually watch curling GTFO. Thanks for the show Druff.

Load Metric
    Hockeyguy what was the over/under on minutes late today?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm a big fan of the show, but while trying to work out the accent in the Poker Automatic ads I can't believe you didn't instantly realise you were listening to synthesised speech.

Considering the other evidence it's probably a cheap/free/primitive Russian program set to English mode.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryQQQ View Post
    I'm a big fan of the show, but while trying to work out the accent in the Poker Automatic ads I can't believe you didn't instantly realise you were listening to synthesised speech.

Considering the other evidence it's probably a cheap/free/primitive Russian program set to English mode.
    Interesting.

Do you have something I could try or listen to that is similar?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Interesting.

Siri, Stephen Hawking, this place http://codewelt.com/proj/speak

Edit; this one is much more fun; http://www.acapela-group.com/
    Last edited by GaryQQQ; 03-11-2015 at 04:33 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric

Interesting.

Siri, Stephen Hawking, this place http://codewelt.com/proj/speak

Edit; this one is much more fun; http://www.acapela-group.com/
    We've all heard those text to speech synthesizers before. None of them sound like the PokerAutomatics guy. If it was a TTS it must be a more sophisticated one, because it had everyone in chat fooled as well and it lacks the usual robotic cadence and sudden pitch changes.

More likely it was someone hired through fiverr or a transcription service.

Load Metric

Interesting.

My read could be way off, but I took his post to mean he didn't believe the Colonel voice
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information