Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting CNN article about Democrats' concern regarding Hillary

Load Metric
    Are we ready for a Jewish president?

Comments

Muck Ficon: No. We are ready for you to stop posting though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    For the record, my wife doesn't want to see a woman president. You come across like a far left lib douchebag. Tight life. You and Barry should get a room.
    Pooh, do you keep you wife locked in the closet? Is she literate? This is 2015. Nobody gives a shit about gender. They just want the best person for the job. Want your proof? In 2008, Amercans elected a black man president.

Comments

Pooh: wanna troll me fine. leave my family out of this. got it?

Hockey Guy: Gotta offset that red.

nunbeater: yeah that's a legit question, you're the one that brought up your wife

Kuntmissioner: valid

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Are we ready for a Jewish president?
    Sure, we already allegedly have a Muslim president.

Comments

herbertstemple: LOL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I won't lie: kinda giddy to bet on GOP candidate (getting odds) next election vs Hillary.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Hillary has various things working against her:

- Will be 69 years old in 2016

- 20+ year history of scandals surrounding her, as well as a public perception of being generally dishonest and secretive

-
    Cross-over appeal to Republicans
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

- 20+ year history of scandals surrounding her, as well as a public perception of being generally dishonest and secretive

-
    If you actually look at the public perception of Hillary Clinton, it's very favorable. I know you just tossed that out there how you do, but if you look at the latest You Gov polls her honesty and integrity levels are as high or higher than anyone running for either party. Sometimes it pays to research your argument.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    For the record, my wife doesn't want to see a woman president. You come across like a far left lib douchebag. Tight life. You and Barry should get a room.
    Pooh, do you keep you wife locked in the closet? Is she literate? This is 2015. Nobody gives a shit about gender. They just want the best person for the job. Want your proof? In 2008, Amercans elected a black man president.
    I retract my statement. Evidently, old bitter white republicans (and Islamic extremists) still consider gender an important qualification.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

-
    If you actually look at the public perception of Hillary Clinton, it's very favorable. I know you just tossed that out there how you do, but if you look at the latest You Gov polls her honesty and integrity levels are as high or higher than anyone running for either party. Sometimes it pays to research your argument.
    I'm not just tossing things out there. From the CNN article I posted:

But if regular voters aren't paying attention, the Democratic power brokers who hold sway over the nomination process in key states — the legislators, local party chairmen and plugged-in activists — most definitely are. The questions some of them are raising are less about the specifics of the stories and more about the long-established narratives they feed: That the secretive Clintons, enabled by unquestioning loyalists, play by their own rules.
    But I didn't have to read the article to know that.

The Clintons have been dogged by a perception of shiftiness for decades. I'm surprised that you don't think Hillary's integrity will be an issue during the election. Even if she wins, it will be one of the bigger things she'll have had to overcome.

Barack Obama didn't have to deal with this. Sure, there were a few wackos claiming he wasn't born in the US or that he was a Muslim, but there were no credible reports about Obama during either election indicating wrongdoing. He was a clean candidate, even if you didn't agree with his politics. He was also assisted by the fact that he was viewed as an outsider in '08 (which was a huge advantage during that troubled year), and then enjoyed incumbent status in 2012 (and also faced a lousy Republican candidate). Plus, most of the fails of the Obama Presidency either occurred or came to light after the 2012 election, so honestly he didn't have that hard of a time winning twice.

The Republicans have a thick book of Hillary Clinton scandals to choose from, dating back 25 years or so, and it's a consistent pattern of shady behavior.

Even her personal life is weird.

It is well known that Bill cheated on her countless times. Obviously Monica Lewinsky and Gennifer Flowers weren't the only ones. Why would an intelligent, successful, empowered woman stay with a man like that? Clearly it was for political reasons, and the public recognizes that. So while you look at Barack Obama or George W. Bush and basically see a normal family man who loves his wife, you look at Hillary and see her in a marriage of convenience, marred by repeated infidelity in a tradeoff for political aspirations.

The bottom line is that there's an endless amount of legitimate material that can be used against Hillary in an election, and she had better be prepared for it.

Oh, and there is still an anti-political-establishment sentiment among voters, in case you haven't noticed. That definitely won't help Hillary.

What about the poll you talked about? I haven't looked at it, but was it taken before or after the recent e-mail scandal? And what are her numbers among non-Democrats?

I can tell you that, as a Republican, candidate Barack Obama scared me from the start. Hillary never scared me, because she carries so much baggage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Pooh's wife saw what happened to Pooh's dad

Comments

Pooh: no
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric

But if regular voters aren't paying attention, the Democratic power brokers who hold sway over the nomination process in key states — the legislators, local party chairmen and plugged-in activists — most definitely are. The questions some of them are raising are less about the specifics of the stories and more about the long-established narratives they feed: That the secretive Clintons, enabled by unquestioning loyalists, play by their own rules.

The Clintons have been dogged by a perception of shiftiness for decades. I'm surprised that you don't think Hillary's integrity will be an issue during the election. Even if she wins, it will be one of the bigger things she'll have had to overcome.

Barack Obama didn't have to deal with this. Sure, there were a few wackos claiming he wasn't born in the US or that he was a Muslim, but there were no credible reports about Obama during either election indicating wrongdoing. He was a clean candidate, even if you didn't agree with his politics. He was also assisted by the fact that he was viewed as an outsider in '08 (which was a huge advantage during that troubled year), and then enjoyed incumbent status in 2012 (and also faced a lousy Republican candidate). Plus, most of the fails of the Obama Presidency either occurred or came to light after the 2012 election, so honestly he didn't have that hard of a time winning twice.

The Republicans have a thick book of Hillary Clinton scandals to choose from, dating back 25 years or so, and it's a consistent pattern of shady behavior.

It is well known that Bill cheated on her countless times. Obviously Monica Lewinsky and Gennifer Flowers weren't the only ones. Why would an intelligent, successful, empowered woman stay with a man like that? Clearly it was for political reasons, and the public recognizes that. So while you look at Barack Obama or George W. Bush and basically see a normal family man who loves his wife, you look at Hillary and see her in a marriage of convenience, marred by repeated infidelity in a tradeoff for political aspirations.

The bottom line is that there's an endless amount of legitimate material that can be used against Hillary in an election, and she had better be prepared for it.

Oh, and there is still an anti-political-establishment sentiment among voters, in case you haven't noticed. That definitely won't help Hillary.

What about the poll you talked about? I haven't looked at it, but was it taken before or after the recent e-mail scandal? And what are her numbers among non-Democrats?

I can tell you that, as a Republican, candidate Barack Obama scared me from the start. Hillary never scared me, because she carries so much baggage.
    Druff let's be real here. It will take an exceptional candidate from the GOP side to win a presidential election under current conditions. As long as the Dems keep promising n-words and poor people free shit they will stay in office. They bus these people in (a fact) to vote for president but not during mid terms. Let's examine. n-words and poor people voted Obama in 2008 as well as Dems house and senate. Horrible shit happened that will haunt us maybe forever. Mid terms n-words are too lazy to vote. Republicans took back house. Obama re-elected when n-words and poor people were bused back in. Mid terms n-words too lazy to vote. Republicans take Senate and expand house leadership. Now Boehner and Mitch the bitch have power of the purse yet are the two biggest pussies in the Republican party.

Let's fast forward to 2016. n-words and poor people will be bused in to vote. We can only pray they don't take the senate and house back. I don't think they will. After Hilary I believe there is a good shot the Republicans can get back into the White House.

Comments

IamGreek: for racial slurs

Kuntmissioner: ridiculous post, whether you actually believe it or are just trying too hard

Load Metric
    you cant become a GOP front runner without being balls deep in the tea party, and you cant win an election if you dont outright disavow the tea party as everything dark and wrong with america.

Comments

vegas1369: Words of wisdom
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    the democrats could put frank zappas ghost in the white house running against even the most moderate realistic GOP front runner.

Comments

LLL: MOI

vegas1369: President Zappa rep

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    you cant become a GOP front runner without being balls deep in the tea party, and you cant win an election if you dont outright disavow the tea party as everything dark and wrong with america.
    Far left is as bad as far right. Give me a moderate and I'd be content.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    what exactly is the tea party for?

I hear a lot of hyperbole about how they are racist homophobes who want to keep out illegal aliens...but that's about all I hear.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    what exactly is the tea party for?

I hear a lot of hyperbole about how they are racist homophobes who want to keep out illegal aliens...but that's about all I hear.
    The thing the hippies don't like is the phrase 'freedom of religion, not freedom from religion'.

Load Metric

So, your "information" comes from an article where anonymous sources are worried about Hillary's integrity. That amounts to "the public perception of her being dishonest" to you?

https://today.yougov.com/news/2014/0...llary-clinton/

Here 59% of the people believe she is more honest or as honest as most politicians. I'm not making it up, it's a legit poll.

How can you study politics in this country at all and think that "scandals" from 25 years ago are going to be anything at all. You can't be serious.

I'm not arguing for Hillary, I think she sucks. You just seem to be projecting your wishes here and are not really presenting a reality based argument. 25 years of scandals sounds impressive until you remember that she ran in 2008 and bringing up issues from when Bill C was president was stale then. You think Whitewater is going to get some traction with an undecided? You think a PAC is going to run a Vince Foster piece and get some traction? That big Monica Lewinsky ad going to sink her? Please.
    Last edited by ToasterOven; 03-07-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Far left is as bad as far right. Give me a moderate and I'd be content.
    So, Obama?

Continuation of Bush foreign policy.
    Supports Cap and Trade, a 90's Republican proposal.
    ACA, a health care plan originating from Heritage, a right wing think tank and first implemented by a Republican governor (Romney in MA).

Careful what you wish for.

Load Metric
    Looks like toastercunt is quite the politico

Comments

ToasterOven: don't shoot, elliot

Muck Ficon: elliot, don't shoot

nunbeater: a gentlemen wouldn't shoot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Looks like toastercunt is quite the politico
    Just common knowledge, Elliot. Most sycophants on this site don't realize that Druff pulls a large percentage of his info out of his ass.

Load Metric
    The moral of this thread is that ToasterOven is a political made nigga and its best to avoid sloppy assertions in his company.

Comments

ToasterOven: kind, but i'm no Barry

Thread Information