Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting CNN article about Democrats' concern regarding Hillary

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Interesting CNN article about Democrats' concern regarding Hillary

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politi...ics/index.html

Bottom line is that some are concerned that she will have such an easy primary that she won't be properly tested in dealing with the various controversies surrounding her, and the Republicans will blindside her.

Of course, things can change quickly. In 2007, it was also assumed that Hillary would skate through and be the nominee. But the Dems don't have another Barack Obama in their bullpen, so it probably will be Hillary this time.

I think the Republicans actually have a good shot at this one, provided they field a non-terrible candidate.

Hillary has various things working against her:

- Will be 69 years old in 2016

- 20+ year history of scandals surrounding her, as well as a public perception of being generally dishonest and secretive

- Public may be ready for a change in party at the White House, given Barack Obama's low approval ratings (45% right now)

- Hillary is associated with Obama now, so those wanting to see a change won't want to vote her in

- As stated in the article, Hillary may arrogantly walk through the primary and not be ready for the tough campaign versus the Republican candidate

Personally, it will bother me a lot more to see Hillary win in 2016 than it did to see Obama win in '08. While I disagreed with Obama's politics, I didn't see him as shady or dishonest. I still don't see Obama that way. He has other issues, but he's not really a liar. Even the "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" was more of a situation of promising something he didn't understand (still inexcusable) than lying. Anyway, Hillary has been shifty for decades, just like Bill.

I just hope it won't come down to Hillary versus Christie, because America will lose either way.

Comments

Jayjami: Keep dreaming Druff

Load Metric
    "provided they field a non-terrible candidate"

And is anyone like that even on the radar?

Comments

Jayjami: Ditto
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Bottom line is that some are concerned that she will have such an easy primary that she won't be properly tested in dealing with the various controversies surrounding her, and the Republicans will blindside her. Not going to matter, people don't really give a shit about primaries or caucuses.

Of course, things can change quickly. In 2007, it was also assumed that Hillary would skate through and be the nominee. But the Dems don't have another Barack Obama in their bullpen, so it probably will be Hillary this time. Once you go black, you don't go back?

I think the Republicans actually have a good shot at this one, provided they field a non-terrible candidate. You kidding right? Republicans are the party of stupid, just ask Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Rick Perry, Jeb Bush and Scott Walker. They are assholes and idiots with very low IQ's.

- Will be 69 years old in 2016 How many U.S. Presidents were white guys older then 69 years?

- 20+ year history of scandals surrounding her, as well as a public perception of being generally dishonest and secretive Way more scandals under George W. Bush

- Public may be ready for a change in party at the White House, given Barack Obama's low approval ratings (45% right now) George W. Bush had approval ratings like that through most of his presidency.

- Hillary is associated with Obama now, so those wanting to see a change won't want to vote her in Bullshit, Hillary isn't black

- As stated in the article, Hillary may arrogantly walk through the primary and not be ready for the tough campaign versus the Republican candidate No such Republican candidate exists.

Ask your wife or girlfriend if she wants to see a woman President?

Personally, it will bother me a lot more to see Hillary win in 2016 than it did to see Obama win in '08. While I disagreed with Obama's politics, I didn't see him as shady or dishonest. I still don't see Obama that way. He has other issues, but he's not really a liar. Even the "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" was more of a situation of promising something he didn't understand (still inexcusable) than lying. Anyway, Hillary has been shifty for decades, just like Bill. All Presidents or candidates running for President say bullshit like they are going to change the world but when they get elected, they can't do very much. Obama has been blocked by Congress more than any other President in history because he's black. The white racist Republicans don't want Obama to accomplish anything, they're even against programs they were once for because Obama is for it now.

I just hope it won't come down to Hillary versus Christie, because America will lose either way. Nope, America would gain 200 extra pounds with Chris "krispy kreme" Christie as President.

Comments

big dick: Chris"krispy cream" Cristie... lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Bottom line is that some are concerned that she will have such an easy primary that she won't be properly tested in dealing with the various controversies surrounding her, and the Republicans will blindside her. Not going to matter, people don't really give a shit about primaries or caucuses.

Of course, things can change quickly. In 2007, it was also assumed that Hillary would skate through and be the nominee. But the Dems don't have another Barack Obama in their bullpen, so it probably will be Hillary this time. Once you go black, you don't go back?

I think the Republicans actually have a good shot at this one, provided they field a non-terrible candidate. You kidding right? Republicans are the party of stupid, just ask Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Rick Perry, Jeb Bush and Scott Walker. They are assholes and idiots with very low IQ's.

- Will be 69 years old in 2016 How many U.S. Presidents were white guys older then 69 years?

- 20+ year history of scandals surrounding her, as well as a public perception of being generally dishonest and secretive Way more scandals under George W. Bush

- Public may be ready for a change in party at the White House, given Barack Obama's low approval ratings (45% right now) George W. Bush had approval ratings like that through most of his presidency.

- Hillary is associated with Obama now, so those wanting to see a change won't want to vote her in Bullshit, Hillary isn't black

- As stated in the article, Hillary may arrogantly walk through the primary and not be ready for the tough campaign versus the Republican candidate No such Republican candidate exists.

Ask your wife or girlfriend if she wants to see a woman President?

Personally, it will bother me a lot more to see Hillary win in 2016 than it did to see Obama win in '08. While I disagreed with Obama's politics, I didn't see him as shady or dishonest. I still don't see Obama that way. He has other issues, but he's not really a liar. Even the "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" was more of a situation of promising something he didn't understand (still inexcusable) than lying. Anyway, Hillary has been shifty for decades, just like Bill. All Presidents or candidates running for President say bullshit like they are going to change the world but when they get elected, they can't do very much. Obama has been blocked by Congress more than any other President in history because he's black. The white racist Republicans don't want Obama to accomplish anything, they're even against programs they were once for because Obama is for it now.

I just hope it won't come down to Hillary versus Christie, because America will lose either way. Nope, America would gain 200 extra pounds with Chris "krispy kreme" Christie as President.

For the record, my wife doesn't want to see a woman president. You come across like a far left lib douchebag. Tight life. You and Barry should get a room.

Load Metric
    We're most likely looking at a Clinton/Bush or Clinton/Walker match up, hopefully the latter. Walker will have problems due to his educational background. Elizabeth Warren as a dark horse to Hilary.

Load Metric
    The country is unpredictable because Americans are really, really stupid and don't even understand the issues. I saw a depressing poll that said 93% of people 65+ say they don't get government subsidized health care. So almost every person doesn't know that medicare is health care from the government, or just as bad they think they "paid" for it already.

Comments

big dick: dumbest people on earth

thesparten: u really are sick and racist, elitist..

Load Metric
    If Elizabeth Warren runs, she will be the 45th President of The United States of America.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: she will not be running

Platinum
    Load Metric
    She's too creepy...bizarre way to react to someone's

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    If Elizabeth Warren runs, she will be the 45th President of The United States of America.
    Typical level of misread, Elliot. This shows a lack of understanding of how American presidential elections are won. Hint, it's with money. Corporations have the money. Corporations would literally rather have Osama Bin Laden as president over Elizabeth Warren.

Load Metric
    That article brings up a valid point or two but don't let it give you any false hope. If Regan rose from the dead tomorrow whoever the Dems threw at him will win this election by 5% or more. Not a chance in hell the GOP takes controll of the White House. Zero.

Load Metric
    It sounds like both Jeb and Walker had been using their personal emails as well, so they are all doing something that they shouldnt have (but were likely told behind the scenes to do so, to cover their asses in the event something sticky happens).

Hillary has been involved in lots of minor scandals, but has somehow emerged unscathed, so I can appreciate that. She will continue to surround herself with people who have exceptional talents that can hide skeletons better.

Obama had his guys taking falls for him...look where it got him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    That article brings up a valid point or two but don't let it give you any false hope. If Regan rose from the dead tomorrow whoever the Dems threw at him will win this election by 5% or more. Not a chance in hell the GOP takes controll of the White House. Zero.
    Unfortunately I think this is spot on.

With all those negatives against Hillary, she's still a woman, and a Democratic woman against an evil white male from the GOP? The last few weeks of the campaign the liberal sycophant media will fawn all over her, and by election day, Hillary will be widening her lead.

I think its 50/50 that USA will never have another white male president, or at least until it is too late.

America is turning into Detroit.

If Romney couldn't beat Obama in 2012, Hillary isn't losing in 2016.
    Last edited by herbertstemple; 03-07-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As a Democrat, anyone except Hillary. Her and Bill both are pretty much Republicans.

I'd really like to see Howard Dean or Russ Feingold get the nomination, however unlikely....

The media keeps shoving Hillary and sometimes E. Warren down our throats, fuck that...

Load Metric
    As long as one party doesn't control everything I couldn't care less who is in the White House.

Comments

LLL: Proper grammar.

ToasterOven: gridlock is usually best. good point

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Unfortunately I think this is spot on.

With all those negatives against Hillary, she's still a woman, and a Democratic woman against an evil white male from the GOP? The last few weeks of the campaign the liberal sycophant media will fawn all over her, and by election day, Hillary will be widening her lead.

I think its 50/50 that USA will never have another white male president, or at least until it is too late.

America is turning into Detroit.
    In this case I think it has very little to do with sexism or race. The Dems could put a white wig wearing asshole on top of the ticket and it wouldn't matter. The issue is a matter of the general population paying attention and voting with thier pocketbooks in mind. After that it's simple math.

Will the general population pay attention? The answer is yes. People pay attention during presidential elections.

Let's start with the 5% of the population that are "well off" and give them all to the GOP.

Now let's give every single in the country that is in a non government union. For shits and giggles let's say 5% (but it's probably less) Tie ballgame.

Now let's give every single person who draws a check from the government in some form or fashion to the Donkys. Firemen, police, DPW, social workers, VA, on and on and on. Could seriously be 20% of jobs out there right now. 25-5

Now the elderly/disabled who get social security and medical. 10% more to the left.

So before we even get to a single "independent" we are at 35% to 5% and that number could even be under stated.

Now you got the media banging away at the undecideds/independents in an election that would give one party complete controll of the government in a country that historically hates that.

I don't see it. I see a blowout "win" by the Dems.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    As a Democrat, anyone except Hillary. Her and Bill both are pretty much Republicans.

I'd really like to see Howard Dean or Russ Feingold get the nomination, however unlikely....

The media keeps shoving Hillary and sometimes E. Warren down our throats, fuck that...
    Isn't Hillary the only Democrat running for the nomination right now? Maybe its not official but she and Bill are running.

These email stories doesn't mean a damn thing. By the time the election rolls around it will be old news and the extreme left wing media will be focusing on and trying to blow out of proportion anything the GOP candidate has ever done.

There are a lot in the left wing of the Democrat party not that are not fond of the Clintons even when Bubba was president and they are hoping for someone to challenge her. That may have a lot to do with the noise we are hearing now. This time in 2007 who had ever heard of Barack Obama? He was just the junior Senator from IL.

I think the GOP will hold the House unless there is a landslide, lose the Senate, and we will have our first T&A president.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    The media keep saying this but I doubt it, she's going crazy for student loans, wants to reduce the interest rate. Big deal.
    How about letting people declare bankruptcy and get rid of the student loan debt once and for all?
    Students shouldn't have to repay college loans for the rest of their lives.

If Hillary Clinton wins it is because she controls all the big money in the democratic party.

A Republican candidate could beat her if they had someone who isn't crazy.

Not Mike Huckabee, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Rick Perry, Jeb Bush or Scott Walker. These guys are crazy and insane.

Load Metric
    Putting the mental blip aside, I never understood the hate Rick Perry received; he was always a gentleman and had a chill demeanor. Now Romney, Cruze, Christie, huckabee, and Santorum seem like insufferable douchebags

Load Metric
    Listen, Biden still wants it. Biden will do incredibly shady shit to get it. That doesn't mean he will get it, but he will derail Hillary in ways that she may not overcome.. you know, like Obama did. Warren is a pathetic joke.

Name:  B-omw-uW4AAn14k.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  tumblr_mb0xteWYc41qbo3a3o1_500.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  tumblr_mansegrOE51qbo3a3o1_500.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  163.4 KB

Name:  fauxcahontas-stoogery.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  70.5 KB
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 03-07-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Listen, Biden still wants it. Biden will do incredibly shady shit to get it. That doesn't mean he will get it, but he will derail Hillary in ways that she may not overcome.. you know, like Obama did. Warren is a pathetic joke.

Name:  B-omw-uW4AAn14k.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  tumblr_mb0xteWYc41qbo3a3o1_500.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  tumblr_mansegrOE51qbo3a3o1_500.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  163.4 KB

Name:  fauxcahontas-stoogery.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  70.5 KB