Thread: #wedontnegotiatewithYelpers

Load Metric

#wedontnegotiatewithYelpers

http://www.eater.com/2015/3/3/814039...s-on-instagram

Attention keyboard warriors: Threatening a restaurant owner with a poor Yelp review can backfire, and when it does, it can backfire hard. According to Eater Boston, a pair of "smug-looking" customers walked into chef Michael Scelfo's restaurant Alden & Harlow last week with no reservation, decided to seat themselves without any reservation, and then proceeded to berate and insult the restaurant staff. The impudent duo refused to leave and threatened the restaurant with an awful Yelp review.

Scelfo was not having it though, and took to Instagram to call out the two women. He posted a (now deleted) photo of the diners with a description of their abhorrent behavior and the hashtags #kbye and #wedontnegotiatewithyelpers. Scelfo added later: "It's one thing to be entitled... but mistreat my family. Hell no." The chef posted a follow up comment on Instagram, explaining that his staff decided to take the "high road":

We tried to have them leave, they refused. Taking their drink away and being forceful is not hospitable. So in lieu of calling the police (only other recourse imo) which seemed too strong a response, we opted to kill them with kindness until they left. We as a team endured a ton of abuse but ultimately chose the high road. My choice to post this is not to slander on them per say but to call attention to a major flaw in the current 'online review system & entitled mentality.' Ultimately, it's about protecting the integrity of our (well documented) humble and gracious staff. Feel free to vilify me for posting, but I stand by my post.
    Eater Boston writes that it was Instagram that pulled the original photo of the two female diners that "accumulated thousands of likes." Scelfo noted in a new post (that regardless of the photo being taken down, "#wedontnegotiatewithyelpers stands true though," adding, "I would encourage more people to be responsible with yelp.Uber allows for service providers to rate customers, we should move to that system."

Like Scelfo, other restaurant owners have had a hard time standing by while Yelpers trash their establishments online. Last October, an angry Yelper posted a screed about Voltaire in Kansas City when staff wouldn't bend their take-out order rules. Instead of sitting back, ownership hopped onto the review site and fired off a sassy response of their own, explaining their side of the situation, and calling out the Yelper and her husband's behavior.
    Oh snap, insert Druff wall of text commentary here
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Pic of them

Name:  dugnidyprh3ovbubx3mp.png
Views: 484
Size:  675.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Pic of them

Name:  dugnidyprh3ovbubx3mp.png
Views: 484
Size:  675.8 KB
    They look like a couple of frustrated dykes that haven't had any fun in years.

Why the sour puss ladies?
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not all that interesting of a story, because these two aren't typical "Yelpers". If the account of what they did was true (or even close to true), they were the very worst of the worst possible customers, by first force-bypassing the procedure of getting a table and jumping ahead of those already waiting for one, and then being rude/demanding/insulting with the staff.

Unless the owner is bullshitting, not a sane single person could possibly identify with these two, and their threat to write him up on Yelp was obviously laughable.

Honestly I don't know why he even decided to serve them at all. Once they jumped the wait and sat themselves, he should have told them to get back in line or GTFO of the restaurant.

This would have been a lot more of an interesting story if the customers had a legit or semi-legit gripe (slow service, bad food, mistakes on order, etc), threatened a bad writeup on Yelp if they didn't get comped in some way, and the owner told them to fuck off. That would be good material for discussion. This is just a matter of two crazies pushing their way into a full restaurant and acting like entitled cunts. Nothing to see here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Not all that interesting of a story, because these two aren't typical "Yelpers". If the account of what they did was true (or even close to true), they were the very worst of the worst possible customers, by first force-bypassing the procedure of getting a table and jumping ahead of those already waiting for one, and then being rude/demanding/insulting with the staff.

Unless the owner is bullshitting, not a sane single person could possibly identify with these two, and their threat to write him up on Yelp was obviously laughable.

Honestly I don't know why he even decided to serve them at all. Once they jumped the wait and sat themselves, he should have told them to get back in line or GTFO of the restaurant.

This would have been a lot more of an interesting story if the customers had a legit or semi-legit gripe (slow service, bad food, mistakes on order, etc), threatened a bad writeup on Yelp if they didn't get comped in some way, and the owner told them to fuck off. That would be good material for discussion. This is just a matter of two crazies pushing their way into a full restaurant and acting like entitled cunts. Nothing to see here.
    This is pretty close to how I feel about all of your customer service stories.

Comments

jsearles22: The man speaks the truth

Load Metric
    Now having met several Yelpers, this is about how 30% of them act.

Gold
    Load Metric
    The amount of cunts in this city is laughable. Those two exude Cambridge to me though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    The amount of cunts in this city is laughable. Those two exude Cambridge to me though.
    Seanismoney, is this true?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Gold
    Load Metric
    New thought right after my last post.

This restaurant is less than a year old, is a new trendy/hip place in the Boston dining scene, which sucks on the whole Iyam, owned by one of the acknowledged new breed chef/owners in the city. This incident just solidifies that everyone sucks, social media rules everything and that the owner/chef is a total puss when it comes to people disrespecting his shit.

A white bitch and her mildly hotter Persian friend in Boston(Cambridge in particular) are a dime a dozen. Always the worst pair in the crowd.

Thread Information