NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Name:  solidgold.png
Views: 558
Size:  706.8 KB

Comments

4Dragons: B-
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Name:  solidgold.png
Views: 558
Size:  706.8 KB
    It could be my eyes, but Marty looks like a n-word to me
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I hate this.

Load Metric
    Dress is white and gold for me, but I can understand this dress being blue and black with the way the lighting is in the picture.

Comments

gimmick: thank god for your understanding... cunt

Banned
    Load Metric
    I slept on it, looked at it again with fresh eyes, and it is still blue/black. I am incapable of seeing it as white/gold again. For some reason this bothers me a lot.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: obviously time to see the optomistrist and stop the self abuse

smithbk: next step, Say Yes to the Dress marathon

Load Metric
    Dress in the picture is light blue and gold. What the colors in the dress are in natural lighting is kinda meaningless.

Comments

anonamoose: :facepalm

Muck Ficon: Wow you are fucking retarded

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I slept on it, looked at it again with fresh eyes, and it is still blue/black. I am incapable of seeing it as white/gold again. For some reason this bothers me a lot.

If it makes you feel better, my eyes are trained to see true color and can only see the brownish bluish amalgam that is that picture. No matter how hard I try I can't make it blue and black or white and gold. It sure looks backlit though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    This is bullshit, man!
    Agreed.

There are more important stories like the llamas that escaped

Comments

SrslySirius: Shep Smith is GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

If it makes you feel better, my eyes are trained to see true color and can only see the brownish bluish amalgam that is that picture. No matter how hard I try I can't make it blue and black or white and gold. It sure looks backlit though.
    Basically this. You fuck around with colors for a few decades and all you see is what's there.

Comments

4Dragons: dem llamas tho

Load Metric
    So I first saw it as white and gold in the thread. (I didn't scroll back up.) Later, my wife held up her ipad and asked what color the dress was. It was black and blue. I came back here... black and blue. Today, it's still black and blue. I just stared at yellow gummi bears on a white plate, in hopes of seeing that stupid dress as white and gold. And it turns out I ...

Comments

SrslySirius: I CANT EVEN

4Dragons: cain't doo eet

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Go to OP and just scroll up and down on the image and you might be able to watch it change colors as your go from scrolling top to bottom. When I'm scrolled all the way to the top I can see the white/gold. When I'm scrolled all the way down to where I can just see the bottom half of the dress I see blue/black. Now that I've done it several times and established the colors as I scroll up I can watch the color shift as I move all the way to the top.

Load Metric
    It's gone back & forth 3 times for me.

I'm telling everyone that the sign of being a genius.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    Go to OP and just scroll up and down on the image and you might be able to watch it change colors as your go from scrolling top to bottom. When I'm scrolled all the way to the top I can see the white/gold. When I'm scrolled all the way down to where I can just see the bottom half of the dress I see blue/black. Now that I've done it several times and established the colors as I scroll up I can watch the color shift as I move all the way to the top.
    I think you've nailed it, at least from my perspective. If I start off looking at it from bottom to top it's black and blue, top to bottom more of a white and gold. Weird thing is I now always see at least a shade of blue, even when it's white. Yesterday at first I saw no blue at all... until I did.

Fuck that picture!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I always see it as white and gold, even if I scroll up.

I had Benjamin's mom try, same thing.

I had Benjamin try, same thing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Dress in the picture is light blue and gold. What the colors in the dress are in natural lighting is kinda meaningless.
    Add me to the retard club but it looked light blue and gold to me at first glance - I see no semblance of black anywhere.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I always see it as white and gold, even if I scroll up.

I had Benjamin's mom try, same thing.

I had Benjamin try, same thing.
    It really is black and blue, although the brain will filter out the blue under the right circumstances.

Critically, though, that first burst of light is made of whatever wavelengths are illuminating the world, reflecting off whatever you’re looking at. Without you having to worry about it, your brain figures out what color light is bouncing off the thing your eyes are looking at, and essentially subtracts that color from the “real” color of the object.
    This image, though, hits some kind of perceptual boundary. That might be because of how people are wired. Human beings evolved to see in daylight, but daylight changes color. That chromatic axis varies from the pinkish red of dawn, up through the blue-white of noontime, and then back down to reddish twilight. “What’s happening here is your visual system is looking at this thing, and you’re trying to discount the chromatic bias of the daylight axis,” says Bevil Conway, a neuroscientist who studies color and vision at Wellesley College. “So people either discount the blue side, in which case they end up seeing white and gold, or discount the gold side, in which case they end up with blue and black.”
    http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science...s-color-dress/

Bronze
    Load Metric
    i wish i was like some of you who have seen both colors. but i only ever seen blue n black and have looked so many different times

Comments

smithbk: better to have seen it once and lost it (am I right,SrslySirius?)

Load Metric
    I meant to post this in random/dumb sometime, but this may be the best time and place.

Our vision is pretty cool. Our retinas have blood vessels all over them, but our brains filter them out. We can trick our brains into showing us their shadows, though. I've done it with an index card with a small hole in it.

disclaimer: This video was the only one I could find. It's a little long, and he uses his hand.

Load Metric
    this one made me shit bricks

Comments

smithbk: aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Corrigan: nh

Load Metric
    I've always sucked at this sort of thing. I've never been able to see magic eyes, and I struggled really hard with this optical illusion when I first saw it.

I still have to concentrate a lot to make her start spinning counter clockwise.
    Off the track for a second: You see this silhouette doing something OTHER than spinning counterclockwise? Does it appear like it is spinning clockwise to you? From my viewpoint it has naturally rotated counterclockwise from the very first second I saw it.

Is this another optical schism amongst the population just like the blue/black/gold/white dress, then?

Thread Information