Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PokerByProxy part deux?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They claim to have 573 bot accounts.

I still wonder if they are getting their "investors" to open up fresh accounts and hand them over.

Also, can someone link me to their winnings reports?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, can someone clarify the payouts?

Are you supposed to also get your investment back at some point, or is that supposed to get absorbed by the site, but you can then expect weekly "profits" to eventually eclipse your initial investment?

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    Current advertising ups it to 773 bots, up from 573. Given that these bots are supposedly only playing limit HE, I publicly wonder (in a series on this I'm working on, to be published this week) if that doesn't actually exceed the total number of active limit hold 'em tables that exist on the major sites. Though to be honest, the way they describe the network, only 100-200 of them are in play at any given time.

But can you imagine the work in setting up all the real-life identities to go with all of these bot accounts, even if they are spread over 6-10 major networks? Holy cow. Driver's licenses. Utility bills. Bank accounts. And all to generate income at micro- and small-stakes, which this site's operators now claim is being opened up to further "investment".

Still, I have no doubt that the vast majority of those payments being reported are legitimate, and in answer to your other question, the longer you leave your money in, the higher the percentage return you're entitled to, though I've seen a couple of posts that also seem to show people getting their principal back as well. So a lot of people are doing long-term investments. That said, I've found one site that is tracking an initial investment that was put in way back in October, and as of a couple of days ago it was at a cumulative 61% return.

On the one side, that's not bad! But on the other, that's usually what happens for the early investors in a Ponzi, who get in ahead of the curve. Woe to all those who are still investing.

But, on the same site where most of the daily micropayments are being reported, I think I see evidence that one of the major promoters of the scheme is faking his reports. That's a pretty good tipoff that the whole thing has been orchestrated by an organized crew of these HYIP investors, and I think the story of this whole scheme is that the group that's running it realized that there were some elements of the otherwise-laughable Poker by Proxy scheme that wouldn't make a half-bad Ponzi, if done right from the get-go. Like, for instance, the claim that they can't actually show any specific bots in action because that would make then visible to be detected by the sites. There's a ready-made exit clause for the whole scam there as well, and I'll take odds on how it'll go when this thing eventually collapses, which it will.

I've also got a private feeler out to one of the major networks where these bots are supposedly operating, to see what they think of this whole kettle of fish.

Load Metric
    I've got these fuckers for sure now. Full three-part story probably tomorrow, (but maybe late late tonight or not until Thursday) at FlushDraw.

Very complex scheme. Multiple languages. Offshore hosting companies and fake addresses. Backdated social media. But traces of that false back history nails it for sure, and I think I've also got a major Russia-based HYIP board operator fudging payout reports.

Comments

vookenmeister: look forward to reading!!

smithbk: haleyh appreciation day

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    Fiverr gig vendors
    Ive had two fine experiences on that site.

First I found the funny monkey boys on fiverr.

I was also able to hire Sarah Silverman to write/perform this original song.

Load Metric
    Series now up on the Poker Automatics scheme, and here's the link to Part 1.

Comments

smithbk: haleyh appreciation day

Thread Information