Thread: angels OF Josh Hamilton accused of murder

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

angels OF Josh Hamilton accused of murder

according to a "baseball executive" he will miss at least half the season
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Vehicular manslaughter dui I say

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    they have pics of him running over people, smoking crack while driving is maserati..shits gonna be bigger than dez and his women beating(s)
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    they have pics of him running over people, smoking crack while driving is maserati..shits gonna be bigger than dez and his women beating(s)
    Where did you read this?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    according to a "baseball executive" he will miss at least half the season
    Bullshit.

Link or GTFOH

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Jon Heyman.....

Hear hamilton had relapse. Believe occurred a couple months back. Involved at least cocaine. Honorably, he confessed.

There's no word of a failed test. Word is, Hamilton told mlb about relapse. He'd be put in program as 1st time offender.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    okay,..maybe i embellished the murder aspect of it,...but i'm pretty sure crack plays a part in this equation

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Jon Heyman.....

Hear hamilton had relapse. Believe occurred a couple months back. Involved at least cocaine. Honorably, he confessed.
    So much for killing dudes.

Load Metric
    This story is on MLBtraderumors.com:
    Josh Hamilton Facing Discipline For Drug Of Abuse
    By Jeff Todd [February 25, 2015 at 7:07pm CST]

7:21pm: Hamilton’s meeting involves an admission to the league earlier in the offseason that he had used prohibited drugs of abuse, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports (Twitter links). There are no indications that he failed any tests. Hamilton, of course, has a well-documented history of addiction, leading Heyman to characterize the event in question as a relapse.

From that point, however, Heyman’s report diverges in large part from a subsequent report from Jon Morosi of FOX Sports reports (Twitter links). The two versions carry rather significantly different implications.

Hamilton’s early-career suspensions appear to have occurred before he was on a major league roster, which is presumably why Heyman suggests that the 33-year-old would go into the league’s CBA-mandated first-time offender protocol rather than facing a more severe suspension. Were that to occur, Hamilton would be entered into a treatment program and would be subject to a 15 to 25 game ban if he did not comply with that program.

Such a program — the specifics of which would be decided through a complicated process — would not necessarily result in any lost salary. The Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program (often referred to as the JDA) provides that, if a player misses thirty days or less of time from his team due to the required treatment regimen, he is paid in full. Days 31 through 60 are paid at half rate, and any period of absence beyond that would be unpaid.

On the other hand, per Morosi, Hamilton’s discipline would be within the discretion of commissioner Rob Manfred because his prior failed drug tests take him “outside [the] standard program.” Having been re-admitted to MLB “via Bud Selig’s descretion and terms” back in 2006, says Morosi, Hamilton is now subject to the discretion of Selig’s successor.

The JDA does include provisions for players who have been suspended for one year after more than four violations of their individualized treatment program. It provides that the commissioner may impose discipline “consistent with the concept of progressive discipline,” seemingly suggesting a more advanced punishment than those already levied. Of course, circumstances such as the time that has passed could presumably also factor in to the decisionmaking process.

5:21pm: Angels slugger Josh Hamilton is in New York meeting with MLB officials regarding a possible disciplinary matter, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports. While GM Jerry Dipoto confirmed that Hamilton was in New York for the meeting, he otherwise declined to provide any information on the nature of the issue.

It appears that Hamilton is not facing any accusations of PED use: a tweet from Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports indicates that some other matter is at play. The executive that Rosenthal spoke with labeled the apparent transgression “worse” than PED use, though of course that is rather an ambiguous label and is open to a range of interpretation.

While it would be wrong to speculate as to the basis for the possible discipline at this point, DiGiovanna does write that Los Angeles is “bracing for possible penalties.” Needless to say, any disciplinary action could have important ramifications for the Angels and Hamilton. The veteran is owed $23MM this year and $60MM over 2016-17 under the free agent deal he signed in December of 2012. Time missed due to suspension would not be compensated.

There is also the matter of potentially replacing Hamilton in the lineup. Though he is coming off of a rough 2014 season and was already set to miss the beginning of the year recovering from shoulder surgery, Hamilton possesses rare talent at the plate. The Halos do have some depth in place already in offseason addition Matt Joyce, who is expected to step in for Hamilton while he recovers from his procedure.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Thread Information