Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Morbid obesity

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Currently trying to be calmer and to plug leaks. I freak out over health shit and have been off coffee now for three days.

Anyone have any specific things that worked for them, like a specific supplement or something?

Did your DR say to do that? I know others that quit for this reason, but my DR never did. I drink 4-5 cups a day.

It was all vegetables and exercise.
    FTR, I didn't eat one vegetable, (that wasn't on my pizza or sandwich) from the time I moved out until i saw Fat sick and nearly dead. Over 25 years.
    I drink my smoothies in under 15 second, so its not that bad, you just have to do it, and stick with it.

Then the PFA podcast is a great thing for exercise, they are 3-4 hours, just say you can only listen to it when moving. Add 1/2 hour a day walking to what your doing now, can't hurt.

I'll tell you what doesn't work, though, edibles.
    First you eat this thing that is so filled w/sugar to hid the weed, THEN you get hungry.
    Last time I ate one, the only thing I could call it was "sleep eating".
    I woke up and all kinds of food was gone.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Silver
    Load Metric

Matt's Excess Skin Removal Surgery
    $44,837 of $20k raised by 1,826 people in 2 days

Load Metric
    He isn't juicing, but the same idea. You never have to be hungry, & if you hate veggies, man the F up.
    Nutribullet, 12 seconds to pound the whole thing.
    Its better than medicine.

And for His Next Trick, Penn Jillette Will Drop 105 Pounds

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...124856453.html

Jillette was motivated to get healthy after his high blood pressure put him in the hospital......(his Dr.)said, "If you got down to 230, you probably wouldn’t need any of the meds.'"

.......eating only 1,000 calories a day.....has gone from 330 to 225 lbs.

But don't think Penn's not eating......diet consists of an "enormous salad" for lunch......At dinner he eats...3 lbs. of greens....three servings of rice and a vegetable stew.
    For dessert he eats fruit, his favorite being blueberries with plain cocoa powder.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Currently trying to be calmer and to plug leaks. I freak out over health shit and have been off coffee now for three days.

Anyone have any specific things that worked for them, like a specific supplement or something?

Did your DR say to do that? I know others that quit for this reason, but my DR never did. I drink 4-5 cups a day.

It was all vegetables and exercise.
    FTR, I didn't eat one vegetable, (that wasn't on my pizza or sandwich) from the time I moved out until i saw Fat sick and nearly dead. Over 25 years.
    I drink my smoothies in under 15 second, so its not that bad, you just have to do it, and stick with it.

Then the PFA podcast is a great thing for exercise, they are 3-4 hours, just say you can only listen to it when moving. Add 1/2 hour a day walking to what your doing now, can't hurt.

I'll tell you what doesn't work, though, edibles.
    First you eat this thing that is so filled w/sugar to hid the weed, THEN you get hungry.
    Last time I ate one, the only thing I could call it was "sleep eating".
    I woke up and all kinds of food was gone.
    Told me to cut back, but I just quit cold as the high number frightened me.

Days 2 through 4 were rough, but then minimal symptoms. I now sleep a lot better, too.

I have a cup of green tea in the morning but that is the extent of my caffeine intake. BP is better, too.

I learned not to invest too much stock into a non-Dr. office reading, as ideally one sits for ~10 minutes before a reading. I was still a touch high after this but was told that I don't need any medication, as it would just bring me down to 140/80, which was about where I was.

Systolic number was still a little high last week (130's) but have been around or below 80 for the diastolic reading.

Comments

JimmyG_415: I don't even drink anymore, if they take pot and coffee away just shoot me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I had high BP reading at a physical two weeks ago; 144/90. Strange, because just two years ago I had super low BP after training for a half marathon.

Had blood work done (came out clean) because it didn't make sense: I don't smoke/barely drink, am vegetarian and consciously eat well, run at least 40 minutes/day, only 1-2 cups of coffee in morning etc. etc. The only physical thing I wasn't sure about was salt intake, but I've since curbed that just to be sure.

My physician thinks it's reacted to fatigue/stress. I had a panic attack last year but currently would only rate stress at about 5. Sleeping is definitely a leak; I only get ~5 hours per night.

Sleep study IMHO.
    ^^^^^ This

You may not be breathing right when you are asleep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Name:  STEAK+N+SHAKE+MENU+Drive+Thru+Sign,+Steak+n+Shake+Hamburger+Restaurant+Burger+Sandwich+Hot+Dog+M.JPG
Views: 746
Size:  410.8 KB
    Christ. Id kill one of you for a #7 and three IPA's.

Load Metric
    As of this AM I am no longer a 300 pounder.

Going to get some gravy biscuits and an ice cream chaser for breakfast.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Well done. Keep up the fight.

Load Metric
    Get a fit bit! They are awesome, and tell you how you're sleeping, among many other really cool things
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Silver
    Load Metric
    Wiganer what's the latest? I've been shit lately and my 1 pack is swelling.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Been a month since this was bumped.

Changed my morning walk from around a lake to up a mountain.
    The weight just fell off, over 10 lbs the first week,
    now I'm hitting the point of diminishing returns, but, haven't been in this good of shape since college, easily.

Anytime I wake up after 4 am, pop in pre-made nutri bullet & go back to sleep, (or else I piss every 5 minutes)
    Wake up, take one horse like piss, smoke some sativa, pop in druff's podcast or hardcore history.
    I tracked it so it is a 4 mile round trip.
    Like 45 minutes, the first week is pain, after that you feel great, you look forward to it.
    If there is a mountain or hiking trail w/in a short drive, I'll never walk a flat thing again,
    same time frame, burn almost twice the calories.

Name:  calories.JPG
Views: 444
Size:  56.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The 10 pounds you lost in the first week wasn't real weight loss. It was likely water loss or some other temporary weight loss which would be unlikely to stick. Burning off 10 permanent pounds from a week of exercising is nearly impossible.

The only time I actually lost 10 real pounds (actually I think it was 8) in a short time was when I was smacked with a horrendous cold in the summer of 2010 (thanks WSOP), and ate 3 meals total over a period of 7 days. Also when I get sick I don't want to drink soda, so I was drinking only water and almost never eating. So that weight loss was real because I took in almost no calories over an entire week. The weight stayed off for a month after that. I fucked it up though, because I resumed to eating too much and drinking too many Pepsis, and the 8 pounds returned within 2 months after that.

Anyway, while I'm glad you listen to my radio show while exercising, I am not sure how I feel about my show being equated to a hardcore history tape.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about my show being equated to a hardcore history tape.
    You should be pretty fuckin happy. Hardcore History has consistently been one pf the best podcasts out there since podcasts have been a thing. Also, it has often run into the 3-4 hour range, with at least one going to 6 hours that I can think of, so it is one of the few podcasts that are actually comparable to yours in length, if not anything else.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...173001861?mt=2

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Anyway, while I'm glad you listen to my radio show while exercising, I am not sure how I feel about my show being equated to a hardcore history tape.
    Are you not familiar with Dan Carlin's Hardcore History? You should check it out some time. I listen to it every night.

Load Metric
    OBESITY SO MORBID

Load Metric
    Well, as you might have gathered by the silence, things didn't go entirely to plan, and by end of 2015 I'd lost a grand total of 2 pounds. But at least I stopped the accretion of blubber.

Then refocused and concentrated on just doing the simple things consistently (healthy food, limited junk, lots of water, walking more) and keeping a food diary via my fitness pal.

As a result 20 pounds lost so far in 2016. Targeting 1-2 pounds a week till summer and will then take stock.

Feel better already, which should help with keeping at it.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Accretion of blubber rep. Keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Well, as you might have gathered by the silence, things didn't go entirely to plan, and by end of 2015 I'd lost a grand total of 2 pounds. But at least I stopped the accretion of blubber.

Then refocused and concentrated on just doing the simple things consistently (healthy food, limited junk, lots of water, walking more) and keeping a food diary via my fitness pal.

As a result 20 pounds lost so far in 2016. Targeting 1-2 pounds a week till summer and will then take stock.

Easier said than done, but when I notice a weight increase cutting out sugar and any grains makes it drop quickly. Even "heart healthy" oatmeal will pack on the pounds quickly. For example, it isnt the hamburgers and cheese that make me gain weight it is the bun and the sugar in the ketchup that get me. Best of luck. Most of us have things we struggle with. Mine happens to be beer.

I recently bought a treadmill. I walk on it at 4.0 with slight incline for an hour and just watch TV or play videos games. I find doing these activities while walking make the time go by so much faster. However, at the end of the day exercise is really a poor way to lose weight. It is probably only 20 percent of it and the other 80 is diet.
    :freelewfather

Platinum
    Load Metric
    May be useful

I'm at my ideal weight but there's still heart disease, hbp cancer and overall longevity to take into consideration. I've been looking into going vegetarian to counter act decades of careless consumption. Not to mention animal and environmental concerns. Still working my way there.

So far I've dropped bacon completely and I skip meat when it's convenient. I started drinking some type of almond milk w cereal, it's weird tbh. Candy bacon was my favorite food on the planet. It's so good it's dangerous, I can eat a whole package by myself. Surprising amount of people have never tried it.
    Genetics?
    Some people are born with slower metabolism. It was prob. a great thing for thousands of years to help our species survive food shortages n efficiency etc. Last hundred years or so all that changed. Billions of $ spent urging people to eat candy bars, sodas fast food etc. Oh well...
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 02-05-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

Congratulations on your fresh start/results in the new year. You seem to have found a system that is working.

i hope you have seen a doctor for your cholesterol & blood sugar -- at the very least that will help motivate by scaring the blazes out of you

exercise can be dull...it takes a lot to stick with it...sometimes combining your walking with a task or activity helps...for example, having a dog is a good idea...the dog has to be walked at least 15 minutes a day to prevent the dog getting bored/destructive, so you doing that will help ensure you get your exercise too...maybe you could borrow a friends dog if your living place doesn't allow it

besides just walking, you might want to add a day of interval training to your exercise week as your health/heart strength improves--say sprint across the rugby pitch and then walk back across to recover...interval training builds muscle which ups metabolism & increases fat burning at rest...if you got the money, a gym membership for a couple days of weight lifting would also help grow muscle/boost metabolism....not enough money? then maybe some sets of push ups or pull-ups, side lunges, mountain climbers, burpees when you walk through a park or visit the rugby pitch

personally, i never cared for jogging, but weight lifting and stationary bike intervals i could tolerate

the most fun thing i ever did for aerobic exercise was ballroom dancing--swing, cha cha, salsa, waltz...not only was it good cardio exercise, but it eventually paid off in sex, although it took several months to become a good enough dancer to date women from dance class

sorry for the unsolicited advice...just a few suggestions if you hit a plateau...again, congratulations on your achievement!
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 02-05-2016 at 08:35 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Americans have become increasingly fatter ever since the surgeon generals warning regarding smoking.

Get back to basics. What worked for your parents and grandparents can work for you.

Couple Marlboros between meals takes the edge off and satisfies whatever oral fixation you fat guys suffer from.

You'll find hitting the max heart rate in the gym will occur quicker making the whole lifting thing less of a drawn out task.

Cigarettes appear expensive and that might deter you but think about your last trip to Chipotle and you'll grudging admit skipping the cigarettes is a false economy.

DJ Chaps is a lean fightin machine. You have next to no chance of outliving Keith Richards or matching his bmi but you need role models.

GL

Comments

PuppyMonkeyBaby: The whole low fat diet bullshit hasnt helped either. Fucking increased carbs is what makes people fat and thats wht the fuck they overloaded foods with cutting out the 'fats' we need fats in the diet. Low fats lead to Alzheimers increases

varys: Lol

Thread Information