Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Morbid obesity

Load Metric
    I don't get how you can write this as some sort of success story/good advice.
    People laughed at you because that system doesn't work, and then later you proved it.
    "I did not exercise" is that a brag?

This diet would only help if you had a weight bet, or you wanted to lose weight for a special event, its not healthy, its not sustainable and druff proved that.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

I see it has been mentioned, "fat sick and nearly dead".
    China turned me on to it.

It took 3 times to stick, but now I get 7 vegetables in me a day, via juicing. (FTR I hated veggies before,
    ). You never have to be hungry again, eat all the good shit you want, just drop the crap, (its not hard).

The weight will fall off, but the medical tests is where you really see results.
    BP went from 160+/100+ to 124/84 my last reading.

FYI *** "Fat sick and nearly dead 2", is on netflix,
    the truck driver fell off the wagon big time. They have him back on the plan, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If you are way overweight like 374 pounds, the good news is that you can drop a lot of that by just changing eating habits and not even going too extreme with it.

Make a list of everything you eat on a typical day, and the calories of each thing.

Find the things that you will miss the least, and stop eating them (or reduce it big time).

Avoid temptations to snack or cram junk food down your throat.

Do this and you will drop a good deal of weight fairly quickly. You won't become skinny, but a lot of those 74 pounds you gained will fall off.

Losing weight when you're extremely overweight is a lot easier than losing weight when you're something like 30 pounds overweight.

I suggest this because it's sometimes very difficult to maintain major lifestyle adjustments such as regular exercise, eating super-healthy, strict low-calorie diets, etc.

I hit a high of 232 pounds in January 2013, and my plan to lose weight was simply to convert most of my soda drinking to water, and to cut out the candy and chips I was eating. I did not exercise, did not start buying lowfat foods, did not eat smaller meals. Some people laughed at me, but I dropped down to 208 pounds within a few months. Unfortunately it stalled there a little short of my goal of 200, and I never took the next step to lose the final bit of weight.

Since then I have gained a little back (because I started drinking a little more soda and eating the candy again), but the bottom line was that this simple diet plan knocked 24 pounds off me within a relatively short period of time.

GL
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    People laughed at you because that system doesn't work, and then later you proved it.

This diet would only help if you had a weight bet, or you wanted to lose weight for a special event, its not healthy, its not sustainable and druff proved that.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

It took 3 times to stick, but now I get 7 vegetables in me a day, via juicing. (FTR I hated veggies before,
    ). You never have to be hungry again, eat all the good shit you want, just drop the crap, (its not hard).

The weight will fall off, but the medical tests is where you really see results.

the truck driver fell off the wagon big time. They have him back on the plan, though.

This is what I have been doing. I am only eating healthy shit when I eat but I drink a shitload of juice now.

I am wondering if they sell the green juice in bulk at something like whole foods?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    [

This is what I have been doing. I am only eating healthy shit when I eat but I drink a shitload of juice now.

I am wondering if they sell the green juice in bulk at something like whole foods?
    They sell the Blue Print cleanse juices at Whole Foods. They taste great and I used them for a cleanse a month ago. It was rough, but so glad I got through it. They are easy, taste great, cold pressed but get ready to ship the $$$$.

Load Metric
    I think a lot of people are over thinking it. It's hard to commit to juicing or a full change of your pallet. The best thing to do is keep it simple.

Eat less. You're a smart guy. Probably don't want to make this thing your entire life's work. Just wanna shed the 75 off. So you just cut out some of the shit that's killing you. ie. soda, whatever candy it is, whatever beer it is. Just have a few less.

And the key thing in ALL of this is just walking, simply walking. Just walk everyday. Make it a habit like smoking. Make it a ritual. Just walk. Say fuck it and just put shoes on and walk. No need to kill yourself. Just walk. and with the walking it'll make you want to eat or drink less of whatever shit got you there in the first place. Give it three weeks and you'll see a major change, but also not a major change in what your life actually consists of.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    I bought an exercise bike around 6 months ago to keep the blood flowing through my legs during long periods of inactivity... Not sure if that will help you lose much weight, but it's something that you can use in your front room and will also help keep your heart healthy/ier

Gonna need something the size of a penny farthing tho at your heavy.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    [

They sell the Blue Print cleanse juices at Whole Foods. They taste great and I used them for a cleanse a month ago. It was rough, but so glad I got through it. They are easy, taste great, cold pressed but get ready to ship the $$$$.
    May be worth the money due to time saved. Right now I think it costs me $12 a day to brew a gallon of green juice which is 80 % vegetables and 20% fruit. Money for that is not a problem, it is the time cleaning the veggies and cleaning the juicer

Load Metric
    Cheers all and congrats Daly, a big step you took there, I know that or some folks the sleeve works wonders but I'm going to try and avoid having to go down that route. Well done also to China and Weiss on their weight loss.

To answer a few questions from above
    - I drink fuck all, funnily the last time I was anything near " normal weight" I was binge drinking at weekends, but on balance am glad I cut out the booze. Although being fat is shit, it's less shit than cirrhosis.
    - gave up smoking 20 years ago, apart from a few spiffs maybe a couple of times a year
    - definitely drink too little water and am consciously now trim to up my water intake
    - have an exercise bike, have rarely used but now trying to use every day, even if only for a couple of minutes fast cycling first thing in morning to give metabolism a jump start; stamina is a real problem for me, not helped by being asthmatic, so high intensity low duration is probably better for the bike than long cardio
    - walking will be very important, am trying to do a bi each day and more at weekends, stamina a bit of an issue with walking also, but sometimes I have a burst of energy and can walk for miles then so am going to try and seize those times
    - blood pressure, cholesterol readings are ok ish (high end of normal, low end of high)

Thanks again for encouragement and ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Update? There is no starting threads like this and just dropping them,

Just clocked in at 118/79 BP, it was once at 162/101.
    All thanks to Druff for hosting this forum and China's thread,
    (I'd heard people getting off BP meds, but I had never met anyone who had, and I certainly didn't think I would be able to do it. It took a few tries, but, that is where it started)

Here is one trick that I think helped a lot.
    I need to get the day started right (health wise) or it won't be a good day.
    When I wake up the only thing that sounds good is doughnuts/pastry or eggs/bacon, not spending 5 minutes chopping up shit for a smoothie.
    So what I do is make one the day before.
    I have 2 a day, so when I have one around lunch time, I chop up enough for 2, drink one, then put the rest in the nutri bullet.
    Next day I add water, blend and w/in 2 minutes of waking up I've got the day off to a good start. (Even if you are like F it I want a dough nut- drink it anyway. Eventually you won't)

F the 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

superallah: solid post rep.

Load Metric

(I'd heard people getting off BP meds, but I had never met anyone who had, and I certainly didn't think I would be able to do it. It took a few tries, but, that is where it started)

When I wake up the only thing that sounds good is doughnuts/pastry or eggs/bacon, not spending 5 minutes chopping up shit for a smoothie.
    I have 2 a day, so when I have one around lunch time, I chop up enough for 2, drink one, then put the rest in the nutri bullet.
    Next day I add water, blend and w/in 2 minutes of waking up I've got the day off to a good start. (Even if you are like F it I want a dough nut- drink it anyway. Eventually you won't)

F the 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont get the idea of juicing versus blending the vegetables up. I have a Vitamix and just throw in kale, ginger, carrots or whatever every morning. There is no need to really cut up anything as the Vitamix is a beast and more or less liquifies it. It seems with juicing you are missing some of the best parts of the plants, for example the fiber. Some people cant stomach the taste of the whole plant versus the juice. Is that the case?

Not trying to take away from what you accomplished at all. Just seems if you ate the whole plant you would get more out of it.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Yeah don't drop a post like this then walk away. What's being done about this?

You going to take my advice and go see a bariatric doc?

Load Metric
    I'm down 10 lbs in the last month.
    Will have to check my BP to see if it's gonna come down from 135/85.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Update

Lost some weight, know this because a tshirt that had been tight across the belly no longer is.

Going to weigh myself in about a week or two time.

Main pluses- drinking lots more water, eating cleaner with the odd lapse
    Things to work on more- exercise, juicing, reducing lapses

No intention to explore surgery

Biigger update after weighin

Comments

Pooh: keep fighting the good fight
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Ps as regards coming off bp meds, I did this after a short spell on them last year. Might be shot down in flames but I believe with bp the mind is as important as the body- I had been stressed and worked hard to become less stressed and it seemed to work.

Comments

JimmyG_415: 100 % Agree, good luck, keep it up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

F the 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont get the idea of juicing versus blending the vegetables up. I have a Vitamix and just throw in kale, ginger, carrots or whatever every morning. There is no need to really cut up anything as the Vitamix is a beast and more or less liquifies it. It seems with juicing you are missing some of the best parts of the plants, for example the fiber. Some people cant stomach the taste of the whole plant versus the juice. Is that the case?

Not trying to take away from what you accomplished at all. Just seems if you ate the whole plant you would get more out of it.
    I have the poor man's vitamix, the nutri bullet.
    So it all stays in there.

I don't get that either.The Fat Sick and Nearly guy was just juicing.

Load Metric
    Nothing beats a full english breakfast.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I am actually a really skinny guy (6'1 160 lbs) and sometimes I wish I could be fat so I could intimidate good looking people

Load Metric
    I had high BP reading at a physical two weeks ago; 144/90. Strange, because just two years ago I had super low BP after training for a half marathon.

Had blood work done (came out clean) because it didn't make sense: I don't smoke/barely drink, am vegetarian and consciously eat well, run at least 40 minutes/day, only 1-2 cups of coffee in morning etc. etc. The only physical thing I wasn't sure about was salt intake, but I've since curbed that just to be sure.

My physician thinks it's reacted to fatigue/stress. I had a panic attack last year but currently would only rate stress at about 5. Sleeping is definitely a leak; I only get ~5 hours per night.

Currently trying to be calmer and to plug leaks. I freak out over health shit and have been off coffee now for three days.

Anyone have any specific things that worked for them, like a specific supplement or something?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I had high BP reading at a physical two weeks ago; 144/90. Strange, because just two years ago I had super low BP after training for a half marathon.

Had blood work done (came out clean) because it didn't make sense: I don't smoke/barely drink, am vegetarian and consciously eat well, run at least 40 minutes/day, only 1-2 cups of coffee in morning etc. etc. The only physical thing I wasn't sure about was salt intake, but I've since curbed that just to be sure.

My physician thinks it's reacted to fatigue/stress. I had a panic attack last year but currently would only rate stress at about 5. Sleeping is definitely a leak; I only get ~5 hours per night.

Currently trying to be calmer and to plug leaks. I freak out over health shit and have been off coffee now for three days.

Anyone have any specific things that worked for them, like a specific supplement or something?
    Sleep study IMHO.

Thread Information