Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Morbid obesity

Load Metric
    There has been a few times that I was considered overweight, as many people do I was a yo-yo dieter most of my life. My biggest battle though was the booze, started at 14 and prior to 2 years ago (2 year anniversary of my 3 weeks in thread) when I changed, was drinking daily at night anywhere between 3 and 5 drinks, I guess that’s called a functional alcoholic.

I just came to the realization that I had to switch out my addictions for health, so agree with you on the brain chemistry aspect.

Booze can be left behind more easily than food, because you have to eat. I’m not gonna say it was easy for me after a lifetime of drinking, but was done killing myself.

I would say that dieting is comprised of the following,

50% psychological.
    Identify that you have a problem and replace it with healthy alternatives like exercise. Even if you have physical problems, you can join a gym with a pool for cardio, and as long as you can walk, that can be increased over time. This is difficult at first but once those endorphins kick in you will feel amazing. Exercise does feel like a chore at first, but the after affects change the way you view it over time.

30% food knowledge.
    Gain knowledge about food composition and calories, what your needs are, and how to still eat a decent amount of good natural food and still lose weight. There are many free apps that do this for you.

20% the effects of bad food on brain chemistry. Have you even eaten a lot in a restaurant and come home and an hour later been hungry? All the chemicals and altered foods play tricks on your mind, making you want more and more. I never experience this anymore.

Probably the biggest thing is that you commit to changing permanently. It’s not something you do for a while and then fall back. The cure becomes the lifestyle which is better than the life you leave behind.
    Last edited by splitthis; 05-21-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information