Thread: Alarming trend in fast food drive thru's

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Alarming trend in fast food drive thru's

There have been quite a few times that I place my order, pay for it and then they are like, "Will you pull up and we'll bring it out to you" fuck that I want it at the window.

I also hate it when I go to Rally's and get chicken wings, and the bitch is like, "It's gonna take 10 minutes for the chicken..." and then pauses expecting me to say nevermind. But I'm always like, "Okay."

What the fuck?

Load Metric
    I am also alarmed at this trend in fast food drive thru's

Load Metric
    You people are showing your ignorance on this subject. You're illuminating your relative lack of knowledge. The alternative is to have you stand at the window waiting for food and holding up the line. When you pull forward you still get your food handed to you, but other people can move forward and get their orders at the window thus keeping the line flowing.

Comments

garrett: lol
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    rallys bro seriously

Load Metric
    This Rally's is not the Rally's you are looking for.

Upon arrival in the wind driven snow last Wednesday, I pulled up to their mostly empty left lane drive-thru and gave them my 'how can you possibly fuck this up' order of a Big Buford and an order of Chicken Wings. Low and behold, as I pull up to the frigid window, the bitch at the window tells me to 'please pull around'. I tell her fuck that, I want it at the window. She says it will be 10 minutes, do you still want the chicken? She looked at me like she wanted me to cancel the order... I pulled around and waited.

2 Stars.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You guys are white trash losers.how's the service at your local dairy queen? I've managed a McDonalds a long long time ago and worked in restaurants for decades..from donuts shops to the Russian tea room before it closed..I'm currently 10percent owner in a coffee shop in Manhattan..wtf do guys want for your 4bucks...fast food is all chemicals anyway..and most of the profits go to corporate not the owner..there model is to have employees quit..they actually prefer training new ones than promoting or giving the 25cent raise..I got written up for giving too many 25cent raises at McDonald's..by the way they were paying the minimum back then of 3.35 hour..it was strongly suggested to me if I have to give a raise, it should only be a nickel..it was up to me to rationalize that to the employee..you get the best value and higher quality food getting take out from a independently owned coffee shop or diners

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: everything is 'all chemicals' you fuckknuckle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    You guys are white trash losers.how's the service at your local dairy queen? I've managed a McDonalds a long long time ago and worked in restaurants for decades..from donuts shops to the Russian tea room before it closed..I'm currently 10percent owner in a coffee shop in Manhattan..wtf do guys want for your 4bucks...fast food is all chemicals anyway..and most of the profits go to corporate not the owner..there model is to have employees quit..they actually prefer training new ones than promoting or giving the 25cent raise..I got written up for giving too many 25cent raises at McDonald's..by the way they were paying the minimum back then of 3.35 hour..it was strongly suggested to me if I have to give a raise, it should only be a nickel..it was up to me to rationalize that to the employee..you get the best value and higher quality food getting take out from a independently owned coffee shop or diners
    Growing up, my best friend managed at Wendy's and later on Bojangles. Both those hell holes worked the poor guy to death. Call him at 4:30 am and expect him to be there at 5 am. Worked him all the time. He was a hard working guy and they used the hell out of him. Being a manager may sound good to a 19 year old but its a real shit job.

Comments

thesparten: agreed..my point exactly. you said it better once again
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    trends so alarming
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Growing up, my best friend managed at Wendy's and later on Bojangles. Both those hell holes worked the poor guy to death. Call him at 4:30 am and expect him to be there at 5 am. Worked him all the time. He was a hard working guy and they used the hell out of him. Being a manager may sound good to a 19 year old but its a real shit job.
    lol

Comments

herbertstemple: Gotta point?

Load Metric
    Whats alarming is this country's obesity

Name:  fat.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  9.7 KB

I suppose you could ask for something to eat, while you wait

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The pull forward thing is 10% them wanting customers behind you not to wait for a long-to-prepare item, and 90% them trying to get "customer drive thru times" lower to satisfy management.

These employees are judged on how fast they make each transaction, so it fucks them when you ask for something that isn't ready yet, and you sit there for 5 minutes waiting (even if there's no one behind you).

So sadly the whole point of the clock used to judge employees is to make sure everyone's food is fast, and that whole thing is defeated by them asking the longer-to-prepare-order customers to get out of line and wait in the front.

Now with that said, I try to be courteous if there's people behind me in line, and my order is going to take 5+ minutes to complete. In that case, I do pull forward.

Unfortunately, I am also asked to pull forward when there is NO ONE in line, simply because they want their numbers to be better. I won't do that for a few reasons, which I learned from experience over the years:

1) Once you're out of line, you become last priority because they no longer give a shit how fast you're served, and nobody feels like walking it out to you until they have nothing else to do. So you will often wait 10+ minutes.

2) If they mess up anything, it is EXTREMELY tough to get them to fix it. You will again wait an eternity, and the guy who walked it out to you will groan/grimace, and you will probably end up with a spit sandwich on the replacement food.

3) If they don't give you enough sauce or ketchup and you ask for more, again they will get pissed and take an eternity to come back.

So I just refuse to do this unless I'm legit holding up the line with a long order.

I had a funny situation at Wendy's last year.

I pulled in and I was the only guy in the entire drive through. This is how the convo went:

Him: This will take about 4 minutes. Can you pull forward to the front of the store?

Me: But there's no one behind me. I'll just wait here.

Him: Uh... yeah, but there might be someone behind you shortly.

Me: That's fine. If someone comes behind me, I will pull forward. Otherwise I'll stay here.

Him: Can you just pull forward?

Me: I'm still not understanding why I need to do that if I just said I'll pull up if someone comes behind me.

Him: Well, uh... just because you are supposed to, and ... uh... you're going to have to do it. I know someone is coming in the next few minutes.

Me: So you're psychic? Because I don't see anyone coming.

Him: You have to move.

Me: No, I don't. You can ask me but I don't have to. I told you I'll move if someone comes behind me. Until then, there's absolutely no reason for me to have to pull forward.

Him: I'm telling you to move forward. You can't stay here. MOVE FORWARD NOW! IF YOU DON'T MOVE FORWARD OR LEAVE NOW I'M CALLING THE COPS!

(Manager on duty hears his yelling)

Manager: What's the problem here?

(I explain what's going on)

Manager (to employee): Oh, no, no... you don't ever tell the customer he has to get out of the line, and you don't ever yell. Come over here, I need to talk to you. (To me) I apologize, your order is free.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The pull forward thing is 10% them wanting customers behind you not to wait for a long-to-prepare item, and 90% them trying to get "customer drive thru times" lower to satisfy management.

These employees are judged on how fast they make each transaction, so it fucks them when you ask for something that isn't ready yet, and you sit there for 5 minutes waiting (even if there's no one behind you).

So sadly the whole point of the clock used to judge employees is to make sure everyone's food is fast, and that whole thing is defeated by them asking the longer-to-prepare-order customers to get out of line and wait in the front.

Now with that said, I try to be courteous if there's people behind me in line, and my order is going to take 5+ minutes to complete. In that case, I do pull forward.

Unfortunately, I am also asked to pull forward when there is NO ONE in line, simply because they want their numbers to be better. I won't do that for a few reasons, which I learned from experience over the years:

1) Once you're out of line, you become last priority because they no longer give a shit how fast you're served, and nobody feels like walking it out to you until they have nothing else to do. So you will often wait 10+ minutes.

2) If they mess up anything, it is EXTREMELY tough to get them to fix it. You will again wait an eternity, and the guy who walked it out to you will groan/grimace, and you will probably end up with a spit sandwich on the replacement food.

3) If they don't give you enough sauce or ketchup and you ask for more, again they will get pissed and take an eternity to come back.

So I just refuse to do this unless I'm legit holding up the line with a long order.

I had a funny situation at Wendy's last year.

I pulled in and I was the only guy in the entire drive through. This is how the convo went:

Him: This will take about 4 minutes. Can you pull forward to the front of the store?

Me: But there's no one behind me. I'll just wait here.

Him: Uh... yeah, but there might be someone behind you shortly.

Me: That's fine. If someone comes behind me, I will pull forward. Otherwise I'll stay here.

Him: Can you just pull forward?

Me: I'm still not understanding why I need to do that if I just said I'll pull up if someone comes behind me.

Him: Well, uh... just because you are supposed to, and ... uh... you're going to have to do it. I know someone is coming in the next few minutes.

Me: So you're psychic? Because I don't see anyone coming.

Him: You have to move.

Me: No, I don't. You can ask me but I don't have to. I told you I'll move if someone comes behind me. Until then, there's absolutely no reason for me to have to pull forward.

Him: I'm telling you to move forward. You can't stay here. MOVE FORWARD NOW! IF YOU DON'T MOVE FORWARD OR LEAVE NOW I'M CALLING THE COPS!

(Manager on duty hears his yelling)

Manager: What's the problem here?

(I explain what's going on)

Manager (to employee): Oh, no, no... you don't ever tell the customer he has to get out of the line, and you don't ever yell. Come over here, I need to talk to you. (To me) I apologize, your order is free.
    please christ forgive them, they are the ignorant and truly dumb.

Drive through orders............ you take what you pay for. You shouldn't be there in the first place, but if you are in this position you should be drunk and accept whatever you are given at the depository you lined up for. You're a slob one way or another so put you're Chevy homeland into neutral and wait for the cops to take your kids away

Comments

LegalizeMeth: lol truth

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well said limitless...back in the day when I managed a McDonalds the f.f were just corn syrup puffs..the mcrib which had just come out was a white sponge kinda thing that we had to soak in bbq souce..it made spam look like a quality meat..it was ass white and spongy..the shakes weren't even a dairy product..it was a polyurethane bag full of white concentrate..we would increase the co2 on the sodas to get more yield from the syrup..only and only if there no choice I'll eat at a corporate owned restaurants..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I live in Mtl as some of you know. During the summer I ended up going often to Burger Chain A and W and this disturbing trend started to occur. After the second time thy did this to me and i asked about it. The girl mentioned that it was to satisfy the managers wait times and it would help them out. The waits were a complete joke evn up to 10-15 minutes. I go to the drive through because i dont have all day to wait for the food. I planned many times to pull a druff and call the management the next day and rat those greasy bitches out for waisting my time. But i never ended up doing it because shit, i have other stuff to do..( like write about it here lol)
    Anyway suprised to see this trend all over the place not just an isolated restaurant..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    I live in Mtl as some of you know. During the summer I ended up going often to Burger Chain A and W and this disturbing trend started to occur. After the second time thy did this to me and i asked about it. The girl mentioned that it was to satisfy the managers wait times and it would help them out. The waits were a complete joke evn up to 10-15 minutes. I go to the drive through because i dont have all day to wait for the food. I planned many times to pull a druff and call the management the next day and rat those greasy bitches out for waisting my time. But i never ended up doing it because shit, i have other stuff to do..( like write about it here lol)
    Anyway suprised to see this trend all over the place not just an isolated restaurant..
    Yup, exactly.

I would actually oblige them with their little time shaving scheme if it didn't affect me negatively, but they thank you for helping them by making you wait obscene amounts of time for your food, and acting annoyed when they got something wrong and have to walk back in and correct things.

Finally just decided fuck them, I'm never pulling up as a favor to the employees, and I'm only pulling up if my order is going to take 5 or more minutes. I've also had the BS where I'm told "Your order will be 2 minutes, can you pull up so people behind you can get their food?", and I reply, "If it's only 2 minutes, the people behind me can easily wait."

Load Metric
    Now that we have Soylent, there's really no excuse to ever eat at McDonalds or the likes again.

Comments

thesparten: shouldn't green..carbon free nutrition..gates foundation
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by pagelpoker View Post
    Whats alarming is this country's obesity

Name:  fat.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  9.7 KB

I suppose you could ask for something to eat, while you wait
    FLASH EITHER YOU'RE BIG TEN INCH,

A TWENTY,

OR

a