Thread: Let's Break Down This Peewee Football Play

Banned
    Load Metric

Let's Break Down This Peewee Football Play

Obviously the QB is pretty badass, trucking and juking the other 10-year-olds. But there are many highlights to behold.

1. #10 on the defense takes out 3 of his own teammates. They topple like dominoes. Way to go, kid.

2. The tailbacks do not give a fuck. The one on the left fakes the run, then quits. He even tries to dodge one of the rushers. The one on the right makes a half-assed attempt at blocking, predictably fails, then takes the rest of the play off.

3. Actually, nobody on this team gives a fuck. Once the QB takes off, most of the offensive players just freeze. No wonder this kid has take everything in his own hands.

4. The coach of the defensive team is heavily invested emotionally. EDIT: nvm, he's coach of the offensive team.

5. #61 never gives up on the play. You can see him in the beginning rushing the QB from the opposite side of the field, then reappearing toward the end, still in pursuit, only to get laid out by a vicious (and unnecessary) block.

6. #4 is either deeply ashamed of himself for giving up the TD, or realizing that he's getting the belt tonight from his alcoholic football dad.

7. It happens off camera, but I'm pretty sure that ref ran over the kid who got his ankles broken.

Comments

big dick: awesome

herbertstemple: The way you break down peewee football, I think you've found your calling.
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 10-01-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Load Metric
    youth football is full of physical mismatches, kids in a panic, and bad coaches---don't take it serious

football is a strength game, and in youth football some of the mismatches are extreme

probably the best defensive plan is an all out blitz, playing man on the receivers (put best tacklers on them) and dogging everyone else in an attempt to swamp the QB/running back in the back field

make the offense complete passes--at 10 years old many kids can not judge the flight to a ball, particularly any thrown ball with an arc to it...a ball thrown on the line most young kids can judge and catch, but nothing high in the air...in other words, long passes (fade routes) won't work, so move the secondary up...

on this play, the defense leaves the left side D gap uncovered, plus the left end makes an inside move through the B instead of playing through the C gap with a 5 technique...the left defensive end and strong safety both move up and take inside rushes, the correct move was to move up, level off in hitting position, maintain outside leverage by hand shivering the outside shoulder of the blocker, keep shoulders parallel to line of scrimmage and float/feather along the line of scrimmage and stretch/run the ball carrier into the sideline...the inside backer who gets his tackle broken needs to grab cloth and hold on for help...

Comments

DirtyB: PeeWee Vince Lombardi
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Obviously the QB is pretty badass, trucking and juking the other 10-year-olds. But there are many highlights to behold
    Reading the whole post before watching the video makes it way funnier.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    So is Hurr Durrr Dwan alleging that Full Tilt agreed to pay all or part of Durr's losses in his challenge against Jungleman? Is this part of Tom Dwan's dispute against Full Tilt?

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

NSFW MICON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    if this had been the NFL there would've been 3 penalties on that play. most glaring is the block in the back by #14

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    if this had been the NFL there would've been 3 penalties on that play. most glaring is the block in the back by #14
    i disagree

14's block is legal...initial contact is on the front torso (left side) of the defender with 14's left hand, 14 then continues through the block by pivoting/wrapping around the defender's shoulder as the defender makes an inside move: that is legal...although 14 finishes the block by pushing on the back of the defender, initial contact was made on the front of the defender and the defender had the opportunity to react and to use his hand/arms to fight off the block...all blocks made in any area other than the "free blocking zone" must have initial contact above the waist and on the front or side of the defender's torso...(the free blocking zone is a rectangular area around the offensive and defensive linemen and extends only 1 and 1/2 yard on either side of the line of scrimmage and 1 yard beyond the last offensive lineman, and it lasts only as long at the initial charge of the opposing linemen )....the contact rule is the same at all levels of football: youth, high school, college, pro.....14's block was a good reach/hook block, a block type not seen often in youth football...

also, the playside halfback makes a similar legal reach block

i coached offensive and defensive line for 3 years high school ball in the Los Angeles Unifed System and before that 6 years of youth football...loved it, but i would recommend parents encourage their kids to play other sports due to the latest findings concerning long term effects of concussions

Comments

tyde: did not read a single word of this rambling mess
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 10-04-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Banned
    Load Metric
    8th grade basketball tournament. Riley County (White) is up 26-25 on Rock Creek (black). 6 seconds left in the game.

1. The Rock Creek PG is like 3 feet tall, but he's an agile little bastard. #13 is helpless to stop him and gets his ankles broken.

2. #5 meets him in the paint and somehow fails to block the shot. He's towers over the little guy. Come on.

3. The Rock Creek cheerleaders are elated to see their team lose the game.

4. "OH MY GAAAAWWWWWD"

5. Riley County #23 does not give a fuck. Actually, he seems to throw his hands up in frustration. Maybe some of these kids really wanted to lose.

6. The spectators on the far side of the bleachers appear completely disinterested as well, save for one child who gets on his feet. Reminds me of Ivey Pops Up. Maybe he's PG's little brother.

7. Speaking of PG, the poor kid is devastated. Coach makes a half-assed attempt to console him, but he looks uneasy about touching him. Overprotective parents these days. Probably would accuse him of being a pedo.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: Under inflated ball obviously

Thread Information