Page 8 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: IS SEALS WITH CLUBS DONKDOWN??? (Update: Micon charged with a felony in Nevada)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I think its time for Druff to make a statement. Enough of this staying out of Micon's way BS.
    Calls for emergency radio imo.
    No chance imo. Much like the time period during Marty's recent tourney win streak, Druff will claim to have been "out of town" on some sort of baller family vacation when he finally starts a new thread to comment on the situation next Thursday.

Load Metric
    interesting story.

he wouldnt have necessarily had to take martha and the kid with him when in skipped out of the states in less than 24 hours. i would assume they would follow him later once he finds suitable family housing and if he manages to get swc 2.0 up and running.

wasnt there talk he bought some balla house in vegas at the bitcoin height? all bullshit? tho surely he has at least a car and other physical assets in the states that need to be sold.

not really up to date with the whole swc story but is it known who the other owners were and if so are they American?

also why are people calling on druff to make a statement? how would he know anything other than the public statement we are all speculating on?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post
    Point is he must have been in a major panic & now thinks hes safe in Antigua, doing exactly what doj prob told him to stop doing. We will see.
    I think it was planned in advance, although the timing of the move may have been unknown. The tell for me is that his stars account is working immediately, and that would take a few days to get verified. My guess is he's been out there on a reconnaissance mission before this week so that he had his bolthole bases covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I think its time for Druff to make a statement. Enough of this staying out of Micon's way BS.
    +2
    -Allergic to the struggle

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wait ya'll think Micon actually had a "back up plan" in place? LOL. More like he got scared shitless and picked up and moved. It isn't that hard to buy a few plane tickets and book a hotel, then figure it out and "wing it" as you go along. A tried and true Micon way of going about things.

If this was planned you would have seen a drop off on twitter etc, while he was preparing to uproot his family for his own lazy fuck dreams of never working. Instead he was tweeting right up to when he went dark. Not even a hint he was planning on fleeing the country.

Planned my fucking ass.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Wait ya'll think Micon actually had a "back up plan" in place? LOL. More like he got scared shitless and picked up and moved. It isn't that hard to buy a few plane tickets and book a hotel, then figure it out and "wing it" as you go along. A tried and true Micon way of going about things.

If this was planned you would have seen a drop off on twitter etc, while he was preparing to uproot his family for his own lazy fuck dreams of never working. Instead he was tweeting right up to when he went dark. Not even a hint he was planning on fleeing the country.

Planned my fucking ass.
    Micon wakes Martha in the middle of the night. Martha we are going to go and move to Antigua for good pack your bags and aysha .

Martha: sure hon whutever you say lets blow this clambake

Load Metric
    Anyone else not know where the fuck Antigua was until Micon moved there?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ASKED HIM 5 HOURS AGO STILL NO REPLY...Name:  2015-02-20 16.39.15.png
Views: 954
Size:  142.8 KB

Load Metric
    Place is 91% n-word yet cricket and sailing are the sports of choice. Interesting.

Comments

::o: hate myself for giving green

Load Metric
    Internet hosting and gambling[edit]
    On February 19 2015, Bryan "The Icon" Micon, running from the DOJ, moved his cam whore of a wife and partially retarded illegitimate child to Antigua in search of striking it rich in the Bitcoin gaming industry.

Antigua was one of the very first nations to legalize, license, and regulate online gambling and is a primary location for incorporation of online gambling companies. Some countries, most notably the United States, argue that if a particular gambling transaction is initiated outside the country of Antigua then that transaction is governed by the laws of the country where the transaction was initiated. This argument was brought before World Trade Organization and was deemed incorrect.[13]

In 2006 the United States Congress voted to approve the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act which criminalized the operations of offshore gambling operators which take wagers from American-based gamblers. This was a prima facie violation of the GATS treaty obligations enforced by the WTO, resulting in a series of rulings unfavorable to the US.

On 21 December 2007 an Article 22 arbitration panel ruled that the United States' failure to comply with WTO rules would attract a US$21 million sanction.[14]

The WTO ruling was notable in two respects:

First, although technically a victory for Antigua, the $21 million was far less than the US$3.5 billion which had been sought; one of the three arbitrators was sufficiently bothered by the propriety of this that he issued a dissenting opinion—an unprecedented move.

Second, a rider to the arbitration ruling affirmed the right of Antigua to take retaliatory steps in view of the prior failure of the US to comply with GATS. These included the rare, but not unprecedented, right to disregard intellectual property obligations to the US.[15]

Antigua's obligations to the US in respect of patents, copyright, and trademarks are affected. In particular, Berne Convention copyright is in question, and also material NOT covered by the Berne convention, including TRIPS accord obligations to the US. Antigua may thus disregard the WIPO treaty on intellectual property rights, and therefore the US implementation of that treaty (the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, or DMCA)—at least up to the limit of compensation.[16]

Since there is no appeal to the WTO from an Arbitration panel of this kind, it represents the last legal word from the WTO on the matter. Antigua is therefore able to recoup some of the claimed loss of trade by hosting (and taxing) companies whose business model depends on immunity from TRIPS provisions.[17]

Software company SlySoft is based in Antigua, allowing it to avoid nations with laws that are tough on anti-circumvention of technological copyright measures, in particular the DMCA in the United States.[18]

Load Metric
    On February 19 2015, Bryan "The Icon" Micon, running from the DOJ, moved his cam whore of a wife and partially retarded illegitimate child to Antigua in search of striking it rich in the Bitcoin gaming industry.

Antigua was one of the very first nations to legalize, license, and regulate online gambling and is a primary location for incorporation of online gambling companies. Some countries, most notably the United States, argue that if a particular gambling transaction is initiated outside the country of Antigua then that transaction is governed by the laws of the country where the transaction was initiated. This argument was brought before World Trade Organization and was deemed incorrect.[13]

In 2006 the United States Congress voted to approve the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act which criminalized the operations of offshore gambling operators which take wagers from American-based gamblers. This was a prima facie violation of the GATS treaty obligations enforced by the WTO, resulting in a series of rulings unfavorable to the US.

On 21 December 2007 an Article 22 arbitration panel ruled that the United States' failure to comply with WTO rules would attract a US$21 million sanction.[14]

First, although technically a victory for Antigua, the $21 million was far less than the US$3.5 billion which had been sought; one of the three arbitrators was sufficiently bothered by the propriety of this that he issued a dissenting opinion—an unprecedented move.

Second, a rider to the arbitration ruling affirmed the right of Antigua to take retaliatory steps in view of the prior failure of the US to comply with GATS. These included the rare, but not unprecedented, right to disregard intellectual property obligations to the US.[15]

Antigua's obligations to the US in respect of patents, copyright, and trademarks are affected. In particular, Berne Convention copyright is in question, and also material NOT covered by the Berne convention, including TRIPS accord obligations to the US. Antigua may thus disregard the WIPO treaty on intellectual property rights, and therefore the US implementation of that treaty (the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, or DMCA)—at least up to the limit of compensation.[16]

Since there is no appeal to the WTO from an Arbitration panel of this kind, it represents the last legal word from the WTO on the matter. Antigua is therefore able to recoup some of the claimed loss of trade by hosting (and taxing) companies whose business model depends on immunity from TRIPS provisions.[17]

Software company SlySoft is based in Antigua, allowing it to avoid nations with laws that are tough on anti-circumvention of technological copyright measures, in particular the DMCA in the United States.[18]

Comments

Hockey Guy: I don't give out many reds but quoting yourself so you can add an astonished Aunt Jemima & a Takei deserves it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    If you go to Antigua and open up a poker site catering to the US, you basically renounce your US citizenship. Not sure how you could ever go back without jail prospects.

I am sure his wife's parents are absolutely freaking out right now. Just imagine you raise a daughter, get a grand daughter and you see the three of them go to a 3rd world country to open up a gambling site?

The big issue is if the new SWC goes belly up, which there is a high likelihood since these gambling ventures go under all the time. Then what? How do you make a living in a 3rd world country with no skill set?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If you go to Antigua and open up a poker site catering to the US, you basically renounce your US citizenship. Not sure how you could ever go back without jail prospects.

I am sure his wife's parents are absolutely freaking out right now. Just imagine you raise a daughter, get a grand daughter and you see the three of them go to a 3rd world country to open up a gambling site?

The big issue is if the new SWC goes belly up, which there is a high likelihood since these gambling ventures go under all the time. Then what? How do you make a living in a 3rd world country with no skill set?
    Probably underestimating the amount of money he has already amassed. Soo, no need for a part time job at the Antigua Wal-Mart.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post

You know Ive been thinking (prob a bad thing) and realized Micon jumped the fuck up and got on a plane to Antigua immediately when the shit went down on Feb 11.

Lets recap here.

Feb 10 >>> Micon living in Vegas, flying drones, tweeting about bullshit like every day
    Feb 11 >>> DOJ or some shit scares the fuck out of everyone and they panic shutdown seals
    Feb 11 >>> Micon goes AWOL for 3 days online
    Feb 14 >>> Micon back online, now from Antigua

Yeah I know u are saying u already know the above. But this means Micon bought a last minute plane ticket on the same day that all the shit went down! He is scared! You guys know how much that shit costs (esp international) and he had to buy 3 tickets. This mustve been real serious or otherwise he doesnt drop everything & run on same day. Imagine packing up all your shit and moving for good out of the country with 0 days notice!

Point is he must have been in a major panic & now thinks hes safe in Antigua, doing exactly what doj prob told him to stop doing. We will see.

Yes, I thought about all that as well to do it on such short notice. He must have had an exit plan ready. I am sure he had it all planned out as a contingency and it wasn't a whim thing. A passport is valid 10 years if he had his recently renewed. Pretty quick turnaround time to be playing on stars. I thought you had to have utility documents was playing within a few days. Is he not coming back to the states then? Will he have to apply for citizenship in Antigua what is the process on something like that?
    Sure seems like someone had at least a backup exit plan. SWCPoker.com was registered on Oct. 10, 2014 (see the pic below). Doesn't seem like something Micon would do without being concerned the future of SwC. Also, the domain registrant is OrangeWebsite.com, which is based in Iceland (closest EU country to USA...think about it) and accepts bitcoin. This had to be pre-planned to an extent...by someone...who knows how long law enforcement has been circling.

Name:  swc_reg.png
Views: 942
Size:  33.9 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric

Probably underestimating the amount of money he has already amassed. Soo, no need for a part time job at the Antigua Wal-Mart.
    If he amassed the money you say, why would he basically renounce his US status? I mean, you can say he has begun to hate the US and wanted to leave anyway and does not care. That may be the case. He may be so wealthy now he can live anywhere and it does not matter anymore. You may be right. He easily could be worth north of $5M now and is a boss in Antigua. That would be the only logical answer at this point to basically leave the US forever.

Just seems odd someone so rich would go to some isolated island to start yet another gambling website that would likely fail. But anyway.

Load Metric

i actually almost did what hes doing now in '09-ish... basically i wanted to code/run my own poker site and even had backers lined up. got on a conf call with their lawyer and was told point blank, if i go this route, i need to renounce my citizenship and accept that if i every step foot on us soil for so much as a layover, i can expect to get bagged by any number of 3 letter agencies. obvos i passed but as is becoming obvious to all, micon clearly did not have much choice in the matter in this case.

im assuming that martha is able to come and go as she pleases however.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Oh cmon man. You really gotta make fun of an infant child?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i actually almost did what hes doing now in '09-ish... basically i wanted to code/run my own poker site and even had backers lined up. got on a conf call with their lawyer and was told point blank, if i go this route, i need to renounce my citizenship and accept that if i every step foot on us soil for so much as a layover, i can expect to get bagged by any number of 3 letter agencies. obvos i passed but as is becoming obvious to all, micon clearly did not have much choice in the matter in this case.

im assuming that martha is able to come and go as she pleases however.
    Well if this is all true, I think Micon is making a very bad decision.

Load Metric
    what were his options?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    what were his options?
    Sounds like all of his partners renounced their affiliation with swc, and they are all fine.

Thread Information