Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: IS SEALS WITH CLUBS DONKDOWN??? (Update: Micon charged with a felony in Nevada)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd actually Sign up if druff became owner..I could be the site's official fish.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Btw, why is Antigua a good place to go for a US citizen in the gambling business? From what I can tell, they have an extradition treaty with the USA.
    They sued the US in an WTO trade dispute back in 2006 around the time of the UIGEA. They "won", but the settlement nor the decision really didn't change the legal landscape when it comes to the US and gambling website (hint" the US kinda does what ti fucking wants). I'm sure as long as Micon runs a business there and pays his taxes, they'll be OK with him as long as he doesn't ruffle too many feathers.

More on this from Haley Hintze:

Whether the site came under pressure from US government officials remains unknown and unlikely to be commented on in the near future. The cryptic message regarding the site’s closure stated that an undeclared event that occurred on February 11th — the day the site went offline — would have meant the site would’ve needed to operate in a “perpetual state of jeopardy,” something a majority of the site’s owners decided was an unwise option.

Instead, SWC has terminated active online play and has urged players to withdraw remaining funds, as has already been ongoing in recent days.
    http://www.flushdraw.net/news/seals-...es-operations/

Guess we won't be seeing Micon at the WSOP this year! Or any other year anytime soon!

Platinum
    Load Metric

A sample of music from Micon's radio show, hmmmm...

Addictive song warning...

Load Metric
    I'm sure the reward will be worth the risk. I don't think Martha would of gone along with this unless Bryan is or will be making serious money.

Load Metric
    This will be great news for next weeks DonkDown Radio listenership numbers. I may even listen (assuming DD radio is still a thing).

Saddened to hear this, but I was able to quickly get my 0.5 btc off my account MiconIsAHomo pretty easily.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    How has nobody posted this yet?

Load Metric
    Seriously, you're linking to a 4 thread when there's a thread about it on here?

Comments

Sanlmar: Fuck 2+2
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    "In the event the domain is seized"

tells the entire story.

Comments

Cokehead: ya that pretty much jumps right off the page
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoorb View Post
    I'm sure the reward will be worth the risk. I don't think Martha would of gone along with this unless Bryan is or will be making serious money.
    If SWC 2.0 takes as long as Donkdown 2.0, don't expect the site to be back up within the next 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Im surprised there arent more people talking about the things that became clear from the swc notice they posted.

Effective immediately, SealsWithClubs will cease providing Bitcoin poker and will be shutting down all operations except to allow player funds to be withdrawn for a limited period of time. SealsWithClubs is, and has been, completely solvent up to this point in operations.

WE URGE ALL PLAYERS TO WITHDRAW THEIR FUNDS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. PLAYERS SHOULD CEASE ALL ACTIVITY TO THEIR ACCOUNT DEPOSIT ADDRESSSES NOW.
    This looks like a panic to where they are washing their hands of the whole site but are giving everyone a short time to get their $. In other words running scared but dont wanna screw people before running off into the hills.

On approximately February 11th, 2015, several events occurred related to operational security that we consider to indicate SealsWithClubs now operates in a perpetual state of jeopardy. We will not divulge details publically, but they may come to light if any team member chooses to come forward of their own volition at a later date. All player funds and data remain intact and the issue was not software related. We do not believe any of our Bitcoin wallets used in operations to be compromised or lost. However, this event has made the majority vote of the ownership and team agree that shutting down operations is the best move for safety and security purposes.
    This contradicts what the @Sealswithclubs Twitter said on Feb 11.

SealsWithClubs @SealsWithClubs · Feb 11
    We're working on getting things back up and running as quickly as possible. Sorry for the downtime, everyone.

We've had a hardware failure and are working to resolve it. ETA 2 hours.

Getting close, everyone. Looking at another 30 mins or so. Sorry for the delays.

We're coming back up right now. Email support for any issues. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Sorry everyone, there were some issues coming back online and we're going to have to be down for awhile longer.

SealsWithClubs @SealsWithClubs · Feb 12
    Sorry we're still down, everyone. We've put up a cashout form for anyone that needs a withdrawal while we're down.
    It went from hardware failure and attempt to put it back up to a security issue that scared everyone. Those are 2 very different things. Obv they lied on Feb 11. No idea why they bullshitted us like this but maybe they were considering still running despite the DOJ warnings and then decided against it.

SealsWithClubs Chairman, Bryan Micon, would like to carry forward the business with his own team (currently settling in Antigua) but the majority ownership cannot guarantee the future security, solvency, and integrity of that operation because there will be no administrative oversight carried over from SealsWithClubs. Members of the SealsWithClubs team and ownership are not ones to lightly endorse anything, not even our own longstanding trustworthy team members, which is why nobody ever makes a sole decision. This dynamic has saved the business several times throughout the years. With Micon operating on his own with his own team, the checks and balances we have kept in place against one another internally for 3+ years will have been removed.
    Bolded part prob most important of the whole message. They are saying without saying it that Micon is a fuckup and that the whole thing only worked because there were checks in place to keep him from destroying everything. They are warning you that if you play on the new Micon Seals, you will be dealing with Micon himself and gl with that.

We've made considerable effort and expense on a SwC 2.0 software package over an extended period of time; we are transferring the rights to that package in full to Micon with the understanding he will remain faithful to the revenue share and licensing agreement SealsWithClubs had with its primary developer(s) that continue work on it. We suspect that the primary developer(s) behind that project will gladly continue working with Micon. Micon will also be provided the swcpoker.eu domain from which we were planning to continue operations from once SwC 2.0 was ready to deploy. As such, we believe Micon will have the resources at his disposal to bring the new site up, backed by the new SwC 2.0 software package, at a rapid pace.

The traditional SwC 1.0 clients and server, based upon the PokerMavens server/client software and protocol, will be retired. There are a number of operational and security considerations to the SwC 1.0 architecture that we do not feel could be properly documented and conveyed to any new team for further operations or development. At this time, those available must focus our efforts elsewhere.
    Looks like they were in the process of developing their own proprietary software when the DOJ came down on them. It also looks like they are ditching the mavens software because the guy who owns it is also too scared to have it run Seals anymore, and he wants nothing more to do with it. So to me it looks like they handed over the in progress beta software to Micon and said here ya go, its yours, have fun, just dont run the mavens software anymore.

While the majority ownership and team wish the best for Micon and his operation, we prioritize remaining faithful to our player's balances and security first and foremost. The SealsWithClubs.eu domain, related social media accounts and support e-mail addresses (for the duration they are still active and being checked) will solely be used for administrating and paying out all remaining player withdrawal requests. In the event the domain is seized or the current withdrawal server is made inoperational during the period withdrawals are still being administrated, a signed GPG message from hdev or xdev will provide definitive instructions for players to continue making withdrawal requests assuming we are still available and able to draft such a message. Any unsigned or invalidly signed instructions by others should not be considered legitimate.
    Looks to me like they are trying to make clear that they arent running seals anymore and are complying with the doj warning, and are just paying people with outstanding balances, just like stars did. To make it even clearer to the doj that they are out, they dont want Micon using the domain or social media accounts to promote his new Seals.

Please note that withdrawals will only be open for a limited period of time and be solely administrated by those uninvolved with Micon's new operation who have been charged historically with maintaining SealsWithClubs solvency. Those able to stick around to process these withdrawals are hoping to commit to at least a few months of availability. We hope that this is sufficient in allowing all players to make their appropriate claims to their funds before they are made unavailable; in addition, we hope our players will do their part by spreading the word.

In line with remaining faithful to player security, we will not be providing Micon or his team with account passwords or authentication information or balance details. We will provide to him account names and the current e-mail addresses associated with them, as well as the krill amount associated to each account. This should allow his team, if they choose, to reserve usernames and e-mail password resets to users as well as honor their Krill amounts. Micon will also be provided the current e-mail address and account names of any affiliate accounts and the accounts associated under them so that he can choose to remain true to the affiliates in the affiliate program that he pioneered through the years for SealsWithClubs.

I reiterate for emphasis: Micon nor his team have not and will not be provided access to SealsWithClubs player funds or account credentials at any time. This limitation is not placed in order to hinder Micon or his operation, but rather, to remain true to the SealsWithClubs administration's commitment to player security and balance integrity to the very end.
    The stuff I bolded makes it very clear Micon never had access to the seals funds. They never trusted him with it. Read the above a few times & u will see thats what they are saying. It really looks like Micons role was just the promotional monkey & face of the site while the adults behidn the scenes actually kept shit running.

This was very eye opening for me. I never could figure out how Micon went from continuous fuckup who couldnt do the simplest thing right to managing a smooth & impressive operation like seals. The site looked nice, was run professionally, was reliable, & even fought off attempts to hack it and ddos it. I knew Micon had help but it just seemed the whole thing was too good for an operation he was in charge of. Now we see it did well cuz the heavy lifting was done by responsible people behind the scenes, & they are warning u that if u continue playing there, its going to be all Micon all the time.

Comments

Sanlmar: Cokehead smashes it

DRK Star: excellent breakdown rep

NaturalBornHustler: Excellent.

Belly Buster: Hard to argue against any of that

manowar: you're playin great

Hockey Guy: Definitely some great points made. Well done.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post

The stuff I bolded makes it very clear Micon never had access to the seals funds. They never trusted him with it.

One of the base principles of Information Security is 'least privilege, least access'. Micon did not have access to the wallets because he did not need access to the wallets. If anything, that says they took this endeavor seriously.

It has nothing to do with trust, its how professionals manage data everywhere that professionals are listened to.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Exactly. Trust had nothing to do with it.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Also.. IF Micon had access to the wallets, there is a good chance the wallets would have been confiscated. So really, because they delegated that role smartly, they were able to maintain Business Continuity albeit in a crippled capacity.

That shows that they put considerable thought into the Disaster Recovery domain, which deserves kudos as well.

Load Metric
    There's definitely a lot going on here...now official from "The Icon" himself:

Name:  swc_old.png
Views: 853
Size:  20.7 KB

and now...the new twitter account for the new site (@SwCPoker):

Name:  swcpoker.png
Views: 827
Size:  14.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

The stuff I bolded makes it very clear Micon never had access to the seals funds. They never trusted him with it.

One of the base principles of Information Security is 'least privilege, least access'. Micon did not have access to the wallets because he did not need access to the wallets. If anything, that says they took this endeavor seriously.

It has nothing to do with trust, its how professionals manage data everywhere that professionals are listened to.
    Nah dont get me wrong, I am not saying they made a mistake by this. I think swc was a very well run operation & u see the effort they are putting out to still pay people despite a pretty dire warning they prob got from the doj.

My point is that the general consensus is that micon owned half of seals, yet he had no access to player funds. So looks like to me they were cool with him promoting the fuck out of the site & getting half ownership, but he had to keep his filthy jew hands off the money and account details at all times. To me it looks like they went out of their way to make sure he never had any access to it, which is unusual for someone owning half of a business. No question they were fucking smart to make that decision. I dont think Micon is a thief but I also think he cant control himself & no way I trust him not to dip into player funds if hes busto and needs $.

Comments

Sanlmar: Much deserved second rep

Belly Buster: 100% this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Seriously, you're linking to a 4 thread when there's a thread about it on here?
    Just in case you missed it

Load Metric
    "Welcome to 2.0 Bitcoin Poker. Everything will be just fine here....trust me"

"WhooOOOPsie....all our bitcoins are now gone. HaXors. This sux. Kthxbye"

<Micon makes off with all the coins, moves to Borneo>

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Nah dont get me wrong, I am not saying they made a mistake by this. I think swc was a very well run operation & u see the effort they are putting out to still pay people despite a pretty dire warning they prob got from the doj.

My point is that the general consensus is that micon owned half of seals, yet he had no access to player funds. So looks like to me they were cool with him promoting the fuck out of the site & getting half ownership, but he had to keep his filthy jew hands off the money and account details at all times. To me it looks like they went out of their way to make sure he never had any access to it, which is unusual for someone owning half of a business. No question they were fucking smart to make that decision. I dont think Micon is a thief but I also think he cant control himself & no way I trust him not to dip into player funds if hes busto and needs $.
    Bolded is where our opinions differ, I think. To me, that shows an abundance of maturity and sophistication within their team. That's how it should be done, everywhere, and honestly most of the places Ive worked where money gets dealt with, that entire portion of the operation is sandboxed, monitored, and highly regulated. The only person/people who needs access to the money is the person/people who need it.

Micon did not need access to the wallets, and giving him that access unnecessarily would only provide another potential point of compromise.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    When I read that statement for the first time, all the language that was pointed out by Cokehead told you all you needed to know. They are making it very clear, without coming right out and saying it, that we are not responsible for anything that happens from here on out. And that the site that was running smoothly in spite of Micon, is now being run BY Micon. Disaster looms.

I so love how Micon just picks up and moved to protect his little baby that will make him rich one day. Oh, not that baby.

No idea how Martha deals with this nonsense. It is one thing after another.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    When I read that statement for the first time, all the language that was pointed out by Cokehead told you all you needed to know. They are making it very clear, without coming right out and saying it, that we are not responsible for anything that happens from here on out. And that the site that was running smoothly in spite of Micon, is now being run BY Micon. Disaster looms.

I so love how Micon just picks up and moved to protect his little baby that will make him rich one day. Oh, not that baby.

No idea how Martha deals with this nonsense. It is one thing after another.

Of course they are saying that, the only person who can run the site with legal impunity at this point is Micon.

Thread Information