Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IS SEALS WITH CLUBS DONKDOWN??? (Update: Micon charged with a felony in Nevada)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

IS SEALS WITH CLUBS DONKDOWN??? (Update: Micon charged with a felony in Nevada)

Seals has been down for maintenance for 3 days now. I smell something fishy, they even posted a cash out form....

Load Metric
    The question is how many Bitcoin kids took their action to ACR or soon Bovada.

Anyone notice any difference in traffic or missing reg's?

BTC was their unique niche. No longer. Business people never know when to quit though. Instead walking out on top with profit and limiting losses - they usually keep chasing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    With the long weekend coming up, it looks like I might be taking my action to Bovada....Looking to run it up like StickyRice1 minus the going busto.

Comments

Sanlmar: Keep us updated with your play

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post
    With the long weekend coming up, it looks like I might be taking my action to Bovada....Looking to run it up like StickyRice1 minus the going busto.
    Besides seals/acr/bovada is there any decent poker to play in the US?

I could use a place that has easy deposit and stud 8, plo8

Load Metric
    I think they are introducing new software. Anyone who knows micons track record on such things should not be surprised.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I think they are introducing new software. Anyone who knows micons track record on such things should not be surprised.
    What migration takes 3 days? I guess bad execution is what you mean about "Micon's track record".

We both know Micon ain't the technical guy. He definitely communicates well. I understood that to be his role over there. Yet they have "gone dark"?

That's kinda interesting and profoundly stupid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post

Not sure about the Stud 8 and the PLO8 but i deposited $100 pretty easily with my debt card on Bovada

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post

Not sure about the Stud 8 and the PLO8 but i deposited $100 pretty easily with my debt card on Bovada
    My credit union wont let me deposit to bovada. Don't really want to jump through hoops to casually play. I'll try later today again

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

BTC was their unique niche. No longer. Business people never know when to quit though. Instead walking out on top with profit and limiting losses - they usually keep chasing.

There is definitely that risk of losing customers if they continue to go down. However, humans are creatures of habit and if this get used to something and dont have issues with it, they dont really dont want to change, Take this forum for example.. who would really give a shit if Druff put in 5k into it and made it have the latest forum software with a million plugins. Most would find the "upgrade" extremely annoying.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

There is definitely that risk of losing customers if they continue to go down. However, humans are creatures of habit and if this get used to something and dont have issues with it, they dont really dont want to change, Take this forum for example.. who would really give a shit if Druff put in 5k into it and made it have the latest forum software with a million plugins. Most would find the "upgrade" extremely annoying.
    Inertia. Always the correct read.

Being down at this time is tragic timing if it is simply technical. Players aren't gonna kill time reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy - they will seek action elsewhere and ACR now takes their precious BTC. Don't force your customers to get their lunch elsewhere. They may not come back.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Seals with Clubs shutting down?

https://sealswithclubs.eu/

What's the security threat?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I heard about this a little while ago too.

DD SEALS!

LATER!

HOPE IT WAS FUN!

SFOWNED!

2015-02-20
    Loyal players,

Effective immediately, SealsWithClubs will cease providing Bitcoin poker and will be shutting down all operations except to allow player funds to be withdrawn for a limited period of time. SealsWithClubs is, and has been, completely solvent up to this point in operations.

WE URGE ALL PLAYERS TO WITHDRAW THEIR FUNDS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. PLAYERS SHOULD CEASE ALL ACTIVITY TO THEIR ACCOUNT DEPOSIT ADDRESSSES NOW.

On approximately February 11th, 2015, several events occurred related to operational security that we consider to indicate SealsWithClubs now operates in a perpetual state of jeopardy. We will not divulge details publically, but they may come to light if any team member chooses to come forward of their own volition at a later date. All player funds and data remain intact and the issue was not software related. We do not believe any of our Bitcoin wallets used in operations to be compromised or lost. However, this event has made the majority vote of the ownership and team agree that shutting down operations is the best move for safety and security purposes.

SealsWithClubs Chairman, Bryan Micon, would like to carry forward the business with his own team (currently settling in Antigua) but the majority ownership cannot guarantee the future security, solvency, and integrity of that operation because there will be no administrative oversight carried over from SealsWithClubs. Members of the SealsWithClubs team and ownership are not ones to lightly endorse anything, not even our own longstanding trustworthy team members, which is why nobody ever makes a sole decision. This dynamic has saved the business several times throughout the years. With Micon operating on his own with his own team, the checks and balances we have kept in place against one another internally for 3+ years will have been removed.

As the majority ownership & team will not go forward with operations but Micon is still in a position to do so, it makes the most sense to hand off assets to Micon in order to enable him to provide to our players the best Bitcoin poker experience he can. Micon has been extremely enthusiastic and dedicated to SealsWithClubs for longer than any member of SealsWithClubs historically, and we truly believe he wants what's best for its players.

We've made considerable effort and expense on a SwC 2.0 software package over an extended period of time; we are transferring the rights to that package in full to Micon with the understanding he will remain faithful to the revenue share and licensing agreement SealsWithClubs had with its primary developer(s) that continue work on it. We suspect that the primary developer(s) behind that project will gladly continue working with Micon. Micon will also be provided the swcpoker.eu domain from which we were planning to continue operations from once SwC 2.0 was ready to deploy. As such, we believe Micon will have the resources at his disposal to bring the new site up, backed by the new SwC 2.0 software package, at a rapid pace.

The traditional SwC 1.0 clients and server, based upon the PokerMavens server/client software and protocol, will be retired. There are a number of operational and security considerations to the SwC 1.0 architecture that we do not feel could be properly documented and conveyed to any new team for further operations or development. At this time, those available must focus our efforts elsewhere.

While the majority ownership and team wish the best for Micon and his operation, we prioritize remaining faithful to our player's balances and security first and foremost. The ****************** domain, related social media accounts and support e-mail addresses (for the duration they are still active and being checked) will solely be used for administrating and paying out all remaining player withdrawal requests. In the event the domain is seized or the current withdrawal server is made inoperational during the period withdrawals are still being administrated, a signed GPG message from hdev or xdev will provide definitive instructions for players to continue making withdrawal requests assuming we are still available and able to draft such a message. Any unsigned or invalidly signed instructions by others should not be considered legitimate.

Please note that withdrawals will only be open for a limited period of time and be solely administrated by those uninvolved with Micon's new operation who have been charged historically with maintaining SealsWithClubs solvency. Those able to stick around to process these withdrawals are hoping to commit to at least a few months of availability. We hope that this is sufficient in allowing all players to make their appropriate claims to their funds before they are made unavailable; in addition, we hope our players will do their part by spreading the word.

In line with remaining faithful to player security, we will not be providing Micon or his team with account passwords or authentication information or balance details. We will provide to him account names and the current e-mail addresses associated with them, as well as the krill amount associated to each account. This should allow his team, if they choose, to reserve usernames and e-mail password resets to users as well as honor their Krill amounts. Micon will also be provided the current e-mail address and account names of any affiliate accounts and the accounts associated under them so that he can choose to remain true to the affiliates in the affiliate program that he pioneered through the years for SealsWithClubs.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It's true!

Critical time for Micon, Will he run Seals solo?

Druff going to step in to save the day?
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 02-20-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Well, I don't think it exactly took a crystal ball to determine that their "downtime and software upgrade" was a bunch of full blown horsefuckery

So, regarding his move to Antigua....is he on the run and shit then? I mean, that seems like a plausible reason at this point unless im missing something.

If that's the case... man, I feel bad for that kid to have her world instantly turned upside down and the possibility that she might be looking at daddy through reinforced glass in the future

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Possible they received a warning to shut it down, could really be anything though.

I doubt Micon is on the run. He prob just wants to keep the site running

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    It's true!

Not gonna happen, for two reasons:

1.) Druff and Micon not friends anymore --- not even talking.
    2.) Druff has said he would love to run an offshore (maybe even) bitcoin room. But if it means possible jail time, forget it - not worth it. That's why he doesn't do it and won't.

Yeah, but this SwC situation is sure f'd up...that statement + a temp. shutdown + Micon running it solo is gonna, well, you can draw your own conclusions as to the future...don't wanna bash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    It's true!

Not gonna happen, for two reasons:

1.) Druff and Micon not friends anymore --- not even talking.
    2.) Druff has said he would love to run an offshore (maybe even) bitcoin room. But if it means possible jail time, forget it - not worth it. That's why he doesn't do it and won't.

Yeah, but this SwC situation is sure f'd up...that statement + a temp. shutdown + Micon running it solo is gonna, well, you can draw your own conclusions as to the future...don't wanna bash.
    Lol at Micon being all Anne Frank'd up in Druff's attic and shit.

Comments

Indyrick: lol

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...o-used-bitcoin

Micon's not gonna come back anytime soon.

Comments

DRK Star: <spits Peach Floater all over screen>

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...o-used-bitcoin

Micon's not gonna come back anytime soon.

oh dear god...

The Nevada Attorney General’s Office and state gaming regulators are pursuing the operator of an unlicensed online poker site in what’s believed to be first prosecution of its kind by the state.

Attorney General Adam Laxalt has scheduled a news conference Tuesday to give details of a case against Bryan Micon and his Bitcoin-fueled Seals with Clubs poker site, which was shut down Feb. 11.

An arrest warrant was issued against Micon in Las Vegas Justice Court on Monday on one count of operating an unlicensed interactive gaming system. The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Speaking from Antigua in a YouTube video in late February, Micon described a raid of his Las Vegas home.

“A bunch of guys with guns broke down my door, put me in handcuffs, serving a warrant from the Nevada gaming commission,” he said.

The 10 agents “stole most of my electronics,” he added.

Court papers filed Monday state that Micon operated Seals with Clubs, which accepted Bitcoin digital currency, between March 1, 2014 and Feb. 9, 2015 “without first procuring and thereafter maintaining in effect the required licenses.”

Micon promptly shut down Seals With Clubs, but then launched a new Bitcoin poker site, SwCPoker.eu.

“All the Bitcoins were safe,” he said in his YouTube statement, encouraging players to pull their currency from the former site. “Math does not bow to guns.”

Micon was not charged with a crime in February, and it was unclear whether he was still in Antigua when the $20,000 arrest warrant was issued Monday.

“After I was led out in handcuffs in my underwear, it was pretty clear that it was proper to leave sooner rather than later,” he said in the video. “And I didn’t really want my 2-year-old daughter, whom I love very much to grow up in a police state where creativity is often met with guns, handcuffs.”

He said the gaming authorities indicated that they were familiar with his “social feeds and my entire output as a journalist.”

He continued: “I don’t think I was doing anything unethical.”

Micon also supported himself with revenue from live and online poker winnings and operation of legal websites dealing with news about gaming and Bitcoin.

Reached through email Monday, Micon directed inquiries to his lawyer.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information