Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    this ^

i fast forwarded through a _lot_ of jimmy scenes.

also they kinda got realllll deep into their opening/establishing shots to the point where i was fast forwarding through those as well.

season 5 is signed and should be back in august 2019 more or less. id be kinda surprised if this show goes a 6th season but i know they want to, which is frankly a little weird given how close we are to sync'ing with BB-world.

also its getting a bit weird because we are running out of ways to introduce new characters, and its difficult to imagine a place for kimmie to go on the show for example, it makes a lot more sense to just time jump to a point where she's washed her hands of her definitely and its not even close sociopath boyfriend. because at this point there really isnt a lot of room for her in that universe. also with 'jimmy' basically fully morphed into saul in front of our eyes, it makes sense that he wouldnt really care of she bounced. im guessing she uncovers the details of the insurance drama source and goes back to her home planet with poochie within the first 2 or 3 eps otherwise.

in either case, i think we are going to see a return to the season 1 dynamic where its just kind of a verite slice of life piece about jimmy/saul complete with a bunch of new characters rotating through his office for laughs, which honestly im looking forward.

chances are season 5 (maybe 6 as well) in gustav land is going to be getting the lab finished, gale faceplanting, and chasing down the source of the blue meth.
    Anything good you're on right now?

I just wrapped The Deuce S2 and rate it a hearty meh.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    i really liked the finale of deuce this season and found the rest to be kinda insufferable.. but the subject matter / period resonates so its going to take a lot to get me to bail on it at this point.

i dipped a toe in Maniac and found it exhaustingly ambitious. might finish it. might not.

mostly im just locked and loaded for narcos, then ill probably skim house of cards, and then ill probably fuck with red dead redemption 2 with a pinch of Vikings until GoT in spring, more or less.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    Enjoyed season 4, but then I'm addicted to the Breaking Bad/Saul franchise. Others less addicted may find many episodes overly coy and cryptic. I think that Mike and the cartel are more compelling than Jimmy's tortured legal career.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Agree to all of this.

Episode 8 of season 1 (think it was 8) when mike opened up to his daughter-in-law was my favorite show of the whole series.

i've watched that a thousand times on my dvr... "I made him debase himself"

jonathan banks steals every scene he is in
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    oh weird is it last week again grandpa

Load Metric
    also shows great but did any of you dick sucks watch get shorty on epix

IM GONNA GUESS THE ANSWER IS NO BECAUSE TODGE POKER = TRASH PEOPLE

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Get Shorty is great. I haven't seen season 3 yet though.

Load Metric
    Yes, this "dick suck" has seen all 3 seasons and I totally endorse all 3. You have to get past the fact that this is not the movie or the Elmore Leonard novel. Really, the only similarity is that the Epix series and the others involve the movie industry.

Load Metric
    todge i take it all back this guy putting dick suck in quotes is one of the funniest moves ive ever seen

Load Metric
    Not sure how this hasn’t gotten a bump yet this season.

Love the continued slow pace and build.... except with the Kim parts.

Load Metric

I keep waiting for the ep when she dies.

Show has been good this season for sure.

Load Metric
    show has been great this season

Load Metric

Kim is the nuts compared to skylar and Walt jr.. They were the absolute worst. At least Kim gets turned on by Jimmy’s hustle. She just hates that he only has one gear. Still far more interesting watching her work through her internal battle of corporate lawyer with who she wishes she was. Skylar was deer in the headlights boring and vanilla. I have to skip through the scenes with her and Walt jr when I catch an old episode.

Comments

lol wow: big facts

Load Metric
    thoughts.

kinda happy this ends in one more season. it never came close to sucking.

prediction:

kim gets in WAAAAY tf over her head going after howard and ends up being our introduction to the vacuum salesman character. saul pays for her vanishing with most if not all of his cartel earnings.

1) that explains why shes less than a ghost once BB starts.

2) it introduces a very comfortable sort of symmetry between her arc and jimmy's arc.

i think its actually possible but not likely that the final scene is jimmy relocating and somehow reuniting with kim under his new assumed identity, or he sees her and decides not to because shes in a new relationship/has a family or some shit like that.

its nice to now that no matter how wrong i am, i likely wont be disappointed.

13 eps for final season starting in 2021 providing they can start shooting soon (covid concerns).

Comments

Gordman: Good take

Load Metric
    Your read feels possible.

I was kind of surprised the character who avoided death has lasted until last season. Strikes me as a character who nailed the role so hard they probably extended his run.

Still can’t find spoiler tags, so attempted to be as vague as possible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Your read feels possible.

I was kind of surprised the character who avoided death has lasted until last season. Strikes me as a character who nailed the role so hard they probably extended his run.

Still can’t find spoiler tags, so attempted to be as vague as possible.
    like so:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 5.24.08 PM.png
Views: 297
Size:  11.9 KB

Comments

BCR: Got ya. I legit have to search a 4 year old thread for YouTube instructions for Druff. I blame the rust belt for my lack of tech skills.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was caught off guard by the last couple of episodes because I totally thought that season 5 was to be the last season. I thought I read it somewhere but it was obv wrong.

It was a nice surprise to see there would be a 6th season. Let's hope we won't wait for a ridiculous amount of time because of rona

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I was caught off guard by the last couple of episodes because I totally thought that season 5 was to be the last season. I thought I read it somewhere but it was obv wrong.

It was a nice surprise to see there would be a 6th season. Let's hope we won't wait for a ridiculous amount of time because of rona

I don’t mean the following as to say the show has fallen off but I’m glad they are going to wrap it up next season. It’s time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I don’t mean the following as to say the show has fallen off but I’m glad they are going to wrap it up next season. It’s time.

Oh definitely. 100% agree

Load Metric
    interesting breadcrumbs re final season:

ignacio = nacho

lalo = lalo salamanca

and when gus visits hector in season 4 he says every other salamanca is dead...

Comments

Gordman: WOW

Thread Information