Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caesars poker fail

Load Metric

Caesars poker fail

I'm very interested to hear opinions on what will happen. This happened to me a few hours ago and I've yet to get a ruling.

About 4am I'm playing $1/2 and I'm stuck about $400. I'm playing around $200 in front of me. I get into a hand with a guy, I have 10c10d. Flop comes out 10s, 5s, 3x. I check raise the agro Asian, he flats. Turn Qx, I lead and agro Asian min raises me, I shove, he snaps. Obv I'm fading the spade, and the 4s smacks the river.

I'm very tired, having flown in at 8am Vegas time, meaning I was awake about 3am Vegas time Saturday morning. I'm a few steps away from the table and I hear some commotion. One guy arguing with the Asian in Chinese or whatever they are speaking. I stop to listen. Then someone else explains to me and the dealer that the guy tables A4ss. But the 4s had hit the river I thought. Floor gets called, they don't believe us as the cards are already in the shuffler.

Essentially I'm told they will check the cameras. I ask what will happen in the only 2 scenarios possible- the most likely is defective deck. Secondly I suppose cheating is possible but unlikely. The floor keeps just telling me "we will see". I wait about 10 mins and haven't heard shit. I'm just standing around busted, not going to the ATM in a sleepy stupor. I tell the floor I'm going to bed and I'll be back in the morning. He assures me they will get it figured out.

So I'm typing this in bed, about to run down there. What will be the result in your opinions? Do I get my money back?

Comments

Sanlmar:

ToasterOven: welcome back, sizzle

NaturalBornHustler: Got money to fly to Vegas and gamble but not to pay your debts rep. About as n-word as it gets.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    The house always wins. If they didnt confiscate the pot, I dont like your chances.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    The house always wins. If they didnt confiscate the pot, I dont like your chances.
    True but if its visible cheating on camera or a flawed deck he will get some $

Otherwise talk to the Nevada gaming commission?

Also isn't Stuff in Vegas? Get him on it stat

Load Metric
    Sounds like a misdeal and everybody gets their money back.

Know you were sleepy but you should have stayed there.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    First, why would anyone play at Caesars given all the other options?

Second, I would have sought to dial up,the heat on those assholes. Nothing does that like paperwork. I would have demanded some written record of the incident from the Poker room manager or security.

This is quite reasonable, I would argue. Certainly they are going to review anyway.

Failure to accommodate you and I am visiting the gaming commission office. Is there one on the premises? I know Foxwoods has a gaming commission office onsite.

Get em Searles.

Load Metric
    Understand there's a good chance none of this happened.

Comments

sonatine: HAD 2 B SAID

Serial Fail: 97.4% chance
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Understand there's a good chance none of this happened.

I'm not real sure what the point would be in making up such a story? Is bragging about playing micro stakes and losing 3 buy ins cool these days?

Pretty anti-climatic result. Apparently Agro Asian was a reg. The floor told him if the deck was found bad (which it was), the ruling would be to kill hand and return all funds bet. They thought I had $200 so Asian left that with the floor. Turns out I had $188 so they gave that back to me this morning.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    First, why would anyone play at Caesars given all the other options?
    Staying here so obviously easy late at night to play here. But I'm here until Friday. Any better suggestions and why? I typically play Venetian but I guess I don't see any benefits one way or the other?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Imo you shudda got to keep it all. Did you collect the chips into your stack at the time or did the dealer not award the pot yet?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Imo you shudda got to keep it all. Did you collect the chips into your stack at the time or did the dealer not award the pot yet?
    Read the thread, you retarded mouth breather. Dumbfuck.

Maybe the reason you believe every conspiracy theory is because you can't read a simple couple of paragraphs and come away with a grasp of the story.

Comments

big dick: speaking of tomatoes.....
    Last edited by ToasterOven; 02-08-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Load Metric
    In my many years of playing poker, whenever the floor goes to check the cameras, the result is always that they couldn't tell/can't see the cards from the camera. The cameras are there to protect the house, not the players.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    In my many years of playing poker, whenever the floor goes to check the cameras, the result is always that they couldn't tell/can't see the cards from the camera. The cameras are there to protect the house, not the players.

You're probably fucked at this point.

However, you might want to take a shot at speaking to the poker room manager, and threatening to go to Gaming about this.

I am confused as to why you didn't just have them count out the deck at that point and see if there were two 4 of spades.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

However, you might want to take a shot at speaking to the poker room manager, and threatening to go to Gaming about this.

I am confused as to why you didn't just have them count out the deck at that point and see if there were two 4 of spades.
    I got this J-dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Pretty anti-climatic result. Apparently Agro Asian was a reg. The floor told him if the deck was found bad (which it was), the ruling would be to kill hand and return all funds bet. They thought I had $200 so Asian left that with the floor. Turns out I had $188 so they gave that back to me this morning.

Load Metric

I did ask that actually; the manager said it wouldn't matter because they would still have to verify it via camera.
    I realize I probably handled it poorly. One, I honestly didn't see it and thought the guy who was saying it was probably mistaken. Two, I was tired as fuck as well as moderately irritated that I was losing. So I said fuck it and went to bed. Worst case, I lose the money. Best case I get it back. Not huge either way in the scheme of things.

The manager, while returning my $188 today, did tell me they pulled the cards and there was obv 2 4spades. There wasn't a 2s so the deck was full with the right amount of each suit. So the prick tried to tell me that mathematically the flush was legit and I was lucky to be getting the $188 back.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    100% confirmed bullshit Druff would have had ip address confirmation by now but.....crickets.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    100% confirmed bullshit Druff would have had ip address confirmation by now but.....crickets.
    I'm not allowed to wager on here, lol. So I implore someone else to wager you. Then they can chop with me if they'd like.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    His IP is coming back as a cell phone. Jsearles, how about taking a pic of yourself holding up a sign with today's date, with Caesars (or something inside) in the background?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

The manager, while returning my $188 today, did tell me they pulled the cards and there was obv 2 4spades. There wasn't a 2s so the deck was full with the right amount of each suit. So the prick tried to tell me that mathematically the flush was legit and I was lucky to be getting the $188 back.

lol nice try nerd 188 isnt even a real number.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    His IP is coming back as a cell phone. Jsearles, how about taking a pic of yourself holding up a sign with today's date, with Caesars (or something inside) in the background?
    Show tickets tonight good enough?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  1.57 MB

Load Metric
    So, all stories require proof of authenticity from the author now?

I guess bottomset is fucked now.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information