Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    one of our programmer's friends father bet 5K on Pac going down in the 6th round. With One second left, they were all watching the fight at the friends house, and they all jumped out of their seats and completely lost their shit. The father won around 70K.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I streamed the fight on a crappy internet feed (I actually missed the KO live cause it was in the middle of a stall) but from what I saw it seemed despite the fact he was "winning" the fight Pacquio was very wide open and reckless.

(In hindsight) I kinda feel that short of Pacquio getting a KO or changing his gameplan, that punch was just waiting to happen, and was probably gonna happen sooner or later, but I am a complete novice when it comes to boxing so I don't hold too much stock in my own opinion.

One of the commentators (I think I was watching a British feed) said that Marquez was dead on his feet and it was a miracle punch, but I didn't necessarily agree with that.

For those who saw the whole fight, who's chances would you have liked going forward assuming that punch didn't happen?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Lol @ all the manny nuthuggers thinking he had a prayer if he ever fought mayweather
    If this was true the fight would have already happened. Now that Mannys clearly fading I think Money will now fight him and probably beat him. Theres no denying Floyd was afraid to fight Manny for a long time. Not because he knew he would lose, but because he thought he could lose and ruin that perfect record he wants to retire with. Flyod wont fight anyone that has a chance to beat him, and you really cant blame him.
    Oh
    my
    GOD

You do not coach like high school athletics or anything do you? If you do, I need to know, and your knees need breaking in multiple places.

Where did your manhood go is what I'd like to know. Did your wife snatch it up years ago and pawn it off to some dirtbag she met on craigslist for some shitty cocaine? Or maybe it was the minivan you bought at 40, having been suckered in with all the headphone jacks in the back to keep the kids silent while you listen to your wife jammer on and on about which of her friends she most admires and how much makeup some bitch at the office wears...

I am leaning heavily toward the minivan. The fuck were you thinking actually being "that guy" and buying a damned minivan in the first place?

Don't answer that. And please do not attempt to be any sort of role model for younger generations because you are a disgrace to MEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Mike, you can't even afford the 25 cents it takes to fill up your bicycle tire at the local gas station, let alone a mini van.

STFU. You look like a complete imbecile going off on someone like that, especially when we all know you are the biggest life loser on these boards ATM.

Load Metric
    Juicing pays, y'all. That's the message.

Load Metric
    Name:  mitt-ann-romney-knockout.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  84.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    Yep.

As JMM said, that punch knocks Manny out 10/10 times, but there was an obvious difference in power with JMM from previous fights, and that first over hand right that knocked down Pac was a clear indication of that. This is why I said earlier that I felt he was going to knock Pac out. Just watching the 24/7 episodes you could see that he was punching with a lot more power than before.

Whole thing is such horseshit, and it's so funny how obvious it is yet there are still so many people that deny that the beloved JMM would ever do such a thing.

Out of the thousands of extremely experienced SAC coaches out there, JMM hires a guy that in the not so distant past turned on all of his associates to save his own ass in the BALCO scandal... Truly a man of great integrity there, yet now he is this supposed changed guy who just happens to have the secrets to the fountain of youth with clean workouts and conditioning. LOL!!! Get the fuck out of here.

I love how the HBO crew alluded to it, but danced around the subject in their questioning. Merchant: "Do you feel your "new found" muscles had anything to do with your victory here tonight?" JMM: "No."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

JMM cycled, it worked, and now he is the hero of Mexico, and the naive belief by many that he fought clean will prevail.

I just wish they would allow PED's in sports. It would solve all these issues, and at the very least make sports even that much more interesting to watch.

Remember how exciting it was to watch McGuire and Sosa go at it, and then Bonds? Thank you steroids.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I streamed the fight on a crappy internet feed (I actually missed the KO live cause it was in the middle of a stall) but from what I saw it seemed despite the fact he was "winning" the fight Pacquio was very wide open and reckless.

(In hindsight) I kinda feel that short of Pacquio getting a KO or changing his gameplan, that punch was just waiting to happen, and was probably gonna happen sooner or later, but I am a complete novice when it comes to boxing so I don't hold too much stock in my own opinion.

One of the commentators (I think I was watching a British feed) said that Marquez was dead on his feet and it was a miracle punch, but I didn't necessarily agree with that.

For those who saw the whole fight, who's chances would you have liked going forward assuming that punch didn't happen?
    Pacquiao was in control of the fight. He had Marquez pretty busted up, and knocked him down (5th round, I believe). But as with most Marquez fights, aside form being a slow starter, he's not good and awake until he's been knocked down.

Pacquiao definitely did get a little too careless, but it's not an overconfidence thing. It's a Pacquiao thing. He gets careless. It's just that usually, his speed allows him to be able to do so, while staying out of harms way. You could tell Marquez had been trying to set that shot up. I figured he would start to land it, but in no way did I feel like he would EVER throw one shot that put Pacquiao to sleep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Yep.

As JMM said, that punch knocks Manny out 10/10 times, but there was an obvious difference in power with JMM from previous fights, and that first over hand right that knocked down Pac was a clear indication of that. This is why I said earlier that I felt he was going to knock Pac out. Just watching the 24/7 episodes you could see that he was punching with a lot more power than before.

Whole thing is such horseshit, and it's so funny how obvious it is yet there are still so many people that deny that the beloved JMM would ever do such a thing.

Out of the thousands of extremely experienced SAC coaches out there, JMM hires a guy that in the not so distant past turned on all of his associates to save his own ass in the BALCO scandal... Truly a man of great integrity there, yet now he is this supposed changed guy who just happens to have the secrets to the fountain of youth with clean workouts and conditioning. LOL!!! Get the fuck out of here.

I love how the HBO crew alluded to it, but danced around the subject in their questioning. Merchant: "Do you feel your "new found" muscles had anything to do with your victory here tonight?" JMM: "No."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

JMM cycled, it worked, and now he is the hero of Mexico, and the naive belief by many that he fought clean will prevail.

I just wish they would allow PED's in sports. It would solve all these issues, and at the very least make sports even that much more interesting to watch.

Remember how exciting it was to watch McGuire and Sosa go at it, and then Bonds? Thank you steroids.
    People just turning a blind eye to it like they do/did is pathetic, I agree. I will never be in favor of legalizing PED's, however, even if ultimately it's the only thing that makes sense. It will always be cheating to me, and I will always hate it. Fuck Marquez - he's a scumbag. But so is probly Pacquiao and Mayweather and probly nearly everyone else. It's a shame.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

If this was true the fight would have already happened. Now that Mannys clearly fading I think Money will now fight him and probably beat him. Theres no denying Floyd was afraid to fight Manny for a long time. Not because he knew he would lose, but because he thought he could lose and ruin that perfect record he wants to retire with. Flyod wont fight anyone that has a chance to beat him, and you really cant blame him.
    Oh
    my
    GOD

You do not coach like high school athletics or anything do you? If you do, I need to know, and your knees need breaking in multiple places.

Where did your manhood go is what I'd like to know. Did your wife snatch it up years ago and pawn it off to some dirtbag she met on craigslist for some shitty cocaine? Or maybe it was the minivan you bought at 40, having been suckered in with all the headphone jacks in the back to keep the kids silent while you listen to your wife jammer on and on about which of her friends she most admires and how much makeup some bitch at the office wears...

I am leaning heavily toward the minivan. The fuck were you thinking actually being "that guy" and buying a damned minivan in the first place?

Don't answer that. And please do not attempt to be any sort of role model for younger generations because you are a disgrace to MEN.
    You have to be on drugs. Im not 40 but my wife has a mini van because we have kids and money to buy one which is 2 things you dont have. Both of our cars are paid off which is something youll never experience because you suck at life. Your a failure and you blame your mommy for all your problems.

Load Metric
    Yep.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Pretty much dead on. If he put the muscle on cleanly he would have gladly proclaimed that was the difference. The truth in all this is Manny is past the point of living and breathing boxing he even started his camp without Roach which means he did squat. Its like Michael Phelps eventually you have to do other shit and manny's not young enough to not be a full time fighter and beat the best fighters.

Load Metric

Yep.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Pretty much dead on. If he put the muscle on cleanly he would have gladly proclaimed that was the difference. The truth in all this is Manny is past the point of living and breathing boxing he even started his camp without Roach which means he did squat. Its like Michael Phelps eventually you have to do other shit and manny's not young enough to not be a full time fighter and beat the best fighters.
    That's pretty much what Mayweather said about Pacquiao. He has too much other shit going on, and doesn't concentrate on boxing like he should.

Pacquiao said that Marquez's punches didn't feel any stronger, he just didn't see the shot coming, and walked into it.

Marquez is probably on some shit. But Manny is probably on some shit, too. And when your whole stance has been "Let the commission do it's job", you can't really start complaining that someone else is on something.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

That's pretty much what Mayweather said about Pacquiao. He has too much other shit going on, and doesn't concentrate on boxing like he should.

Pacquiao said that Marquez's punches didn't feel any stronger, he just didn't see the shot coming, and walked into it.

Marquez is probably on some shit. But Manny is probably on some shit, too. And when your whole stance has been "Let the commission do it's job", you can't really start complaining that someone else is on something.
    I think I told you this the other night, but just in case, it does make a lot of sense to think that maybe once the Mayweather's called Pac out for being on "some shit" he decided to fight clean. Since that time he obviously hasn't been the same fighter. The thing that always amazed me about Pac was his endurance level and being able to keep up that insane pace thru rounds 1 to 12. Since he was called out it seems he started having a lot more issues with cramping up, which would be solved with the use of EPO. I never really felt he was doing roids, but EPO was definitely a possibility.

He finally looked like he was back to that kind of fighter again, so who knows, maybe he was cheating somehow too. All the steroids and EPO in the world wouldn't have stopped him from making that horrible mistake and walking into that right hand. Just an unfortunate mistake, especially considering he was starting to dominate and probably would have knocked out JMM within another 3 rounds.

What a gift that was to have that brain fart at that moment. I've been watching Pac for so long now, and while I can remember him being careless quite often, I can't recall him ever making that kind of rookie mistake, at least not since he's been with Roach. It just goes to show, his mind isn't totally on boxing, and at that level it needs to be.

Either way, there is no doubt in my mind that JMM juiced up for this fight.

Load Metric
    Yep.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

If you think about it for a minute, this quote right here is proof that Marquez is juicing. If he had gotten so ripped naturally, he would have said "Of course, my new training regimen made me stronger and a harder puncher." The only reason he would say that his bigger muscles didn't help is if he got them by cheating.

Load Metric

Yep.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

If you think about it for a minute, this quote right here is proof that Marquez is juicing. If he had gotten so ripped naturally, he would have said "Of course, my new training regimen made me stronger and a harder puncher." The only reason he would say that his bigger muscles didn't help is if he got them by cheating.
    Yeah thats what I said. It really makes no sense to put on extra muscle if its not going to help you. He should have said I dont know I'd like to think all my hard work paid off I came in the best shape of my life. Saying no says it all.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Name:  mitt-ann-romney-knockout.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  84.2 KB
    That's actually their reaction to first seeing the Ring Card Girl before the start of Round 2.

Load Metric
    Yeah thats what I said. It really makes no sense to put on extra muscle if its not going to help you. He should have said I dont know I'd like to think all my hard work paid off I came in the best shape of my life. Saying no says it all.
    Oh yeah, you did already say that. You were exactly correct!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Conte on Rogans podcast made it seem like you're better off coming into a match not on the roids because it slows you down so much

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Conte on Rogans podcast made it seem like you're better off coming into a match not on the roids because it slows you down so much
    Depends on what you do. If he's doing something like Test with Trenbolone, he could actually speed up. Aside from that, these guys are probably cycling early on in their training, they can get off the roids a month before the fight and still have significant gains at fight time. They are only testing these guys right before or after the fight, if at all, and that shit is long out of their system by then.

It made me sick seeing the reports on ESPN yesterday about how Marquez is saying he isn't worried about the test they took after the fight, and saying he is a clean fighter and he will test clean... Yeah, no shit. That test literally means nothing in reality. Problem is the large majority of people don't know dick about how PED's work, and they eat that shit up.

"OH SEE AMIGO, HE TESTED CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!!!!"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Depends on what you do. If he's doing something like Test with Trenbolone, he could actually speed up. Aside from that, these guys are probably cycling early on in their training, they can get off the roids a month before the fight and still have significant gains at fight time. They are only testing these guys right before or after the fight, if at all, and that shit is long out of their system by then.

It made me sick seeing the reports on ESPN yesterday about how Marquez is saying he isn't worried about the test they took after the fight, and saying he is a clean fighter and he will test clean... Yeah, no shit. That test literally means nothing in reality. Problem is the large majority of people don't know dick about how PED's work, and they eat that shit up.

"OH SEE AMIGO, HE TESTED CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!!!!"
    Basically every Pacquiao fan that is screaming that Marquez is dirty, are the same ones saying that Pacquiao is clean because "He tested clean".

I agree that they are probably both dirty as fuck, but the double standard by a lot of people is just comical.

Thread Information