Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1459

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    I had it a draw.

118-110 is ridiculous.

Listening to that HBO broadcast was fucking awful. Canelo landed the more powerful shots. GGG landed more jabs. Again, there's a huge difference between aggression and effective aggression.

I thought Canelo backed up too much, considering how much success he was having in the center of the ring. I know he's comfortable on the ropes, but he could have won the fight had he not taken those breaks on the ropes.

I'd pay for the rematch.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: More Rep For Dropping The Boxing Knowledge Rep

Load Metric
    Honestly, more fights like that and boxing will re-emerge as the #1 combat sport (where it should be imo). Also, Jim Lampley is the stone cold nuts. Hoping for more of a drama show in the rematch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I had it a draw.

118-110 is ridiculous.

Listening to that HBO broadcast was fucking awful. Canelo landed the more powerful shots. GGG landed more jabs. Again, there's a huge difference between aggression and effective aggression.

I thought Canelo backed up too much, considering how much success he was having in the center of the ring. I know he's comfortable on the ropes, but he could have won the fight had he not taken those breaks on the ropes.

I'd pay for the rematch.
    First non-Mayweather fight I've ever paid for, really enjoyed.

How the fuck does the sport get away with that 118-110? Who the fuck could have scored it that besides Canelo's mom?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Honestly, more fights like that and boxing will re-emerge as the #1 combat sport (where it should be imo). Also, Jim Lampley is the stone cold nuts. Hoping for more of a drama show in the rematch.
    Lampley was awful tonight imo. He couldn't have been anymore on GGG's dick if they were sharing shorts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I had it a draw.

118-110 is ridiculous.

I'd pay for the rematch.

How the fuck does the sport get away with that 118-110? Who the fuck could have scored it that besides Canelo's mom?
    That's the kind of bullshit that keeps the controversy in boxing. There always has to be some scorecard, or some weight issue, or some glove issue, or some bullshit that keeps the pot stirred. It's frustrating, and impossible to even try to defend.

Load Metric
    I had it a draw.

118-110 is ridiculous.

I'd pay for the rematch.

Had it exactly to close to call after the 10th with bookies offering 12/1 in-play for the draw.

Got paid

Stick your UFC and McGregor up your arse. That is the shit I don't mind paying out for (£16.95)

Comments

JMM:

big dick: .
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Byrd should be in jail.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Byrd must've filled the scorecard out backwards . What on earth is the possible explanation for that score? I bet Canelo and had him losing 4-8. I'll take it, but lol.

Load Metric
    I had it a draw.

118-110 is ridiculous.

I'd pay for the rematch.

Your fucking crazy. The fight wasn't even close.

Canelo ran backwards more than Floyd Mayweather.

Canelo ran into the ropes more than a dozen times and Golovkin nailed him with good shots every time.

GGG dominated this fight, Canelo ran backwards and hit Golovkin with a couple of "power shots" than didn't affect GGG at all.

What you didn't see on T.V. was Oscar Del La Hoya in a VIP box, giving lap dances and paying off the judges.
    Canelo is a Golden Boy fighter and he is not going to lose on a Golden Boy promotion.

Boxing is fucking rigged.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    so mad I didnt bet the draw. Should of seen this rigging coming for the rematch fight.

imagine if you betted on this bullshit on either side...good thing I stuck to the round props!

Last edited by Shizzmoney; 09-16-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Byrd should be in jail.
    Sweet sassy molassey bird on Byrd violence

Load Metric
    And that's a fin nerds we get it plz can we do without 35 terrible posts about boxing being rigged

Load Metric
    I had GGG ahead by 3 rounds... I felt he was more effectively aggressive and deserved the match. I can understand a draw but do not agree with it. I will pay for the rematch because this was an actual boxing match... 118???? Come the fuck on!!!! This guy is from my literal home town of Juanacatlán and I can't give him 114, let alone 118... this is another example of why people are leaving boxing.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

That's the kind of bullshit that keeps the controversy in boxing. There always has to be some scorecard, or some weight issue, or some glove issue, or some bullshit that keeps the pot stirred. It's frustrating, and impossible to even try to defend.
    I'm done defending it and done caring. This fight did it for me. Boxing refuses to take the blatant corruption out of the sport. Its gone on forever, but it's beyond ridiculous now as far as judging is concerned, and that to me is unbearable.

Don't get me wrong, great fight, but the judging ruining fight after fight after fight with no changes or repercussions just can't be defended. It's ludicrous and until they take judges out of boxing and score by compubox it's never going to change. And they will never do it. There was literally no way Canelo was losing tonight aside from getting knocked out. This town would have suffered too much, and that drives decisions. It's all about the entertainment now, not the sport.

I'm saying this as someone who pretty much scored the fight the same as Harold Lederman. Kind of surprised JMM scored this for Canelo. IMO GGG was the aggressor the entire night. He backed down Canelo constantly, landed more shots in 10 out of 12 rounds and walked though every power punch like it was nothing. Canelo landed 114 power punches, GGG 110, I can't see how you can give the fight to Canelo based on 4 more power punches landed. Granted, better percentage, but he also threw 50 less than GGG.

Canelo also looked like a frustrated, defeated fighter who knew he was losing very badly, so did his mom. Moms always know.

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-vs...-stats--120563
    Last edited by vegas1369; 09-17-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Load Metric
    honestly shut the fuck up both u gingers if mexico and whatever vegas claims to be had any honor there would be a throwdown and ud be gay about it and use it benefit the blacks that smoke his weed and murder each other in chicago cuz they cant make money selling weed anymore

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    I had it a draw.

118-110 is ridiculous.

I'd pay for the rematch.

Your fucking crazy. The fight wasn't even close.

Canelo ran backwards more than Floyd Mayweather.

Canelo ran into the ropes more than a dozen times and Golovkin nailed him with good shots every time.

GGG dominated this fight, Canelo ran backwards and hit Golovkin with a couple of "power shots" than didn't affect GGG at all.

What you didn't see on T.V. was Oscar Del La Hoya in a VIP box, giving lap dances and paying off the judges.
    Canelo is a Golden Boy fighter and he is not going to lose on a Golden Boy promotion.

Boxing is fucking rigged.

LOL. GGG didn't "nail him with good shots every time".

Punches don't have to stun the opponent, to still be scoring shots.

Canelo out landed him in power shots. What you did see on TV, was GGG coming forward behind his jab.

I don't see how anyone saw a dominant performance in either direction. Unless you're strictly scorings round for GGG because he was "coming forward" or because you were listening to Jim Lampley say "JAB, JAB, JAB!" all fucking night.

Post more pictures. It's a solid strategy.
    Last edited by JMM; 09-17-2017 at 04:10 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

I'm done defending it and done caring. This fight did it for me. Boxing refuses to take the blatant corruption out of the sport. Its gone on forever, but it's beyond ridiculous now as far as judging is concerned, and that to me is unbearable.

Don't get me wrong, great fight, but the judging ruining fight after fight after fight with no changes or repercussions just can't be defended. It's ludicrous and until they take judges out of boxing and score by compubox it's never going to change. And they will never do it. There was literally no way Canelo was losing tonight aside from getting knocked out. This town would have suffered too much, and that drives decisions. It's all about the entertainment now, not the sport.

I'm saying this as someone who pretty much scored the fight the same as Harold Lederman. Kind of surprised JMM scored this for Canelo. IMO GGG was the aggressor the entire night. He backed down Canelo constantly, landed more shots in 10 out of 12 rounds and walked though every power punch like it was nothing. Canelo landed 114 power punches, GGG 110, I can't see how you can give the fight to Canelo based on 4 more power punches landed. Granted, better percentage, but he also threw 50 less than GGG.

Canelo also looked like a frustrated, defeated fighter who knew he was losing very badly, so did his mom. Moms always know.

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-vs...-stats--120563
    They need to do something about the corrupt judging, but as we know, it won't ever happen. 118-110 is a disgrace.

I didn't score it for Canelo. I had it a draw. There were close rounds that easily could have gone either way.

I try not to ever use computbox to determine the winner of a fight, because you can't just take a total number and let it tell you what you saw.

I think we all, to an extent, have a tendency to score close rounds in favor of who we want to win. But I didn't see some landslide victory, and didn't find it that hard to give Canelo 6 rounds. I mean you can easily make a case that he won the first 3 and the last 3.

As always, I'll watch it again today, sober.

Load Metric
    I watched it again this morning on YouTube.

Listen, I know it's not popular among fans, to see a fighter going backwards like Canelo was. But he wasn't fighting that way because he had to. GGG wasn't walking him down. He was fighting that way because that was his strategy from the opening bell. When Canelo wanted to go to the ropes, he went there. When he wanted it back in the center of the ring, he went there, too. Canelo made GGG fight the way Canelo wanted to fight. Ring Generalship.

Fellas, watch the fight again. GGG DID do some good work with Canelo on the ropes, but goddamn, it's not hard to see Canelo making him miss A LOT of those shots. A whole-fucking-lot of them. The bigger issue for Canelo, is that he was still losing those middle rounds because of it, due to barely throwing anything back. Even non-effective aggression is better than only returning a few punches.

Anyway, Canelo wins 2, 3, and 10-12. That's 5 rounds. Rounds 1, and I think maybe 7 were close, and most cards I've seen scored round 1 for Canelo.

It's not hard to have this fight a draw.

Canelo losing all of the middle rounds makes it very hard to score a Canelo win, but people calling this a robbery are just plain wrong.

Draw is fine with me. 7-5 GGG would have been fine, too. 10 rounds to 2 for Canelo needs to be investigated and Byrd should be shitcanned.

Load Metric
    I watched it again this morning on YouTube.

Listen, I know it's not popular among fans, to see a fighter going backwards like Canelo was. But he wasn't fighting that way because he had to. GGG wasn't walking him down. He was fighting that way because that was his strategy from the opening bell. When Canelo wanted to go to the ropes, he went there. When he wanted it back in the center of the ring, he went there, too. Canelo made GGG fight the way Canelo wanted to fight. Ring Generalship.

Fellas, watch the fight again. GGG DID do some good work with Canelo on the ropes, but goddamn, it's not hard to see Canelo making him miss A LOT of those shots. A whole-fucking-lot of them. The bigger issue for Canelo, is that he was still losing those middle rounds because of it, due to barely throwing anything back. Even non-effective aggression is better than only returning a few punches.

Anyway, Canelo wins 2, 3, and 10-12. That's 5 rounds. Rounds 1, and I think maybe 7 were close, and most cards I've seen scored round 1 for Canelo.

It's not hard to have this fight a draw.

Canelo losing all of the middle rounds makes it very hard to score a Canelo win, but people calling this a robbery are just plain wrong.

Draw is fine with me. 7-5 GGG would have been fine, too. 10 rounds to 2 for Canelo needs to be investigated and Byrd should be shitcanned.
    Great post. My bad, it was late last night and I misread your post.I don't have an issue with the fight being a draw. I don't agree with it but I can see how it could be scored that way. Obviously the 118 is insanity.

Comments

JMM:

Thread Information