Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1459

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    so the consensus is that McGregor has no shot against Floyd...is the price high enough on McGregor to take the shot that some weird shit like what happened last night happens in that fight or is there just zero shot they fuck with Floyd?
    When the Boxer has literally a bank account with 9 zeros and hes the promoter of the fight (technically along side Dana White who has a nice 9 figure bank acct with the sale of UFC) I doubt it.. Floyd aint selling himself out.. However there is enough of a potential bonus to take Conner getting in a lucky shot somehow with the odds as they are..

Floyds got 8 zeros. Your point still stands, but I just don't understand the need for hyperbole here? Like why?

Comments

ftpjesus: valid point but I thought floyd had crossed that Billion mark by now with the amount of gate and PPV revenue.. But apparently his net worth is pretty much his cut from his fight with Pacman as its shown at 400M.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I can see both sides of the argument regarding Pac v Horn. I personally disliked Horns strategy of throwing his arm over Pac in the clinches... think the ref should have warned him.
    The headbutting didn't look intentional.

I don't think Manny was robbed, he lost four of the first five rounds and didn't do enough early.
    Round 11 won it for Horn... I gave Horn the final round by a whisker.
    Argentinian judge was too kind to Horn 100%. Other 2 got it about right.

Terrible ref. Telling Horn at the beginning of the 11th that he was about to stop the fight as he thought he had enough was crazy... if the ref said nothing Horn might have lost the last 2 rounds.

Horn won and that 11th round was pretty fucking epic IMHO

Comments

ftpjesus: It wasnt the Argentinan Judge who scored it 117-111 it was a dumb female whos American and mostly works NJ/NY boxing

sah_24: Umm just no on pretty much everything you said is wrong

Serial Fail: You're an inbred, mouth breathing, idiot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    It's time to shut down the sport.
    Disagree with this sentiment. It was a great fight, and was great fun watching these two beat the shit out of each other on free tv. I'm looking forward to the rematch.

Load Metric
    The problem is that judges are supposed to score fights based on effective aggression, and not just an aggressive fighter walking forward and throwing.

There have been a lot worse decisions than this one, but Pacquiao should have gotten the win.

Load Metric
    Horn proved to be a lot tougher than I gave him credit for. He wasn't afraid to make it a rough fight. So props to him for fighting the right kind of fight.

He still isn't a very good boxer (at the top level), and those same tactics won't come close to working against guys like Spence, Thurman, Porter, Crawford, etc. Because he doesn't have the boxing skill to adjust when the holding and shit doesn't work. The bigger punchers at WW will stop him, like Manny should have (and would have, a few years ago).

Horn vs. Mayweather: Over/Under 75 forearms landed between the 2.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I can't even defend this shit anymore.

This was Manny's last contracted fight under Top Rank Promotions, so Arum probably fucked him on purpose.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Bob Arum bet a few million on Horn to win at nearly 5 to 1.

Comments

ftpjesus: Whatelse would be new.. Don King used to do that shit all the time despite the rules against it..

Load Metric
    The problem is that judges are supposed to score fights based on effective aggression, and not just an aggressive fighter walking forward and throwing.

There have been a lot worse decisions than this one, but Pacquiao should have gotten the win.
    First five rounds Horn literally mugged Pacquiao, he pushed Manny around and most of Pacs punches were off balance and not effective.

In all honesty I couldn't say it was a bad decision, it was a close fight that could have gone either way.
    I respect your opinion that you thought Manny did enough to win and don't overly disagree.

Sometimes it really depends on who you're listening to call the fight, I was listening to Box Nation and they all scored it as a Horn victory.

Anyone who seriously thinks Manny was robbed needs to watch the first six rounds again, without Teddy Atlas talking shit.
    Manny only has himself to blame for not doing enough in the early rounds, and looks like an old fighter who's well past his best.

Horn did surprise me though, not with his skill but he's tougher then I imagined.

Comments

sah_24: Just stop, your boy lost by a large margin and judges gifted him a freebie

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

First five rounds Horn literally mugged Pacquiao, he pushed Manny around and most of Pacs punches were off balance and not effective.

In all honesty I couldn't say it was a bad decision, it was a close fight that could have gone either way.
    I respect your opinion that you thought Manny did enough to win and don't overly disagree.

Sometimes it really depends on who you're listening to call the fight, I was listening to Box Nation and they all scored it as a Horn victory.

Anyone who seriously thinks Manny was robbed needs to watch the first six rounds again, without Teddy Atlas talking shit.
    Manny only has himself to blame for not doing enough in the early rounds, and looks like an old fighter who's well past his best.

Horn did surprise me though, not with his skill but he's tougher then I imagined.
    Horn definitely fought the right kind of fight. Using his size and dirty tactics to bully Manny around the ring. Just in terms of sheer punishment, he didn't do enough to win the fight imo.

Manny did show massive decline in this fight, though. Didn't have the speed or explosiveness that we're used to seeing.

It really just boils down to how you score a fight. That's why boxing is so full of these bullshit controversial decisions so often. Some judges are influenced by the roar of the crowd and stupid shit like that. Like Floyd winning by SD against Oscar. All of those fancy combos looked nice, but they weren't landing. Some judges favor aggression, who's pushing the pace, whether it's effective or not. Some favor timing and precision, and who's landing the cleaner shots round after round.

You won't often see me use compubox as any sort of crutch for a fighter winning, and I DO think that the numbers were off in this fight by a bit. That said, even if they were off by 40 landed punches, it would still have Horn landing at a much lower connect % and punches per round than Pacquiao.

I think I had Pacquiao by 3 rounds. I haven't watched it again.

Load Metric

Horn definitely fought the right kind of fight. Using his size and dirty tactics to bully Manny around the ring. Just in terms of sheer punishment, he didn't do enough to win the fight imo.

Manny did show massive decline in this fight, though. Didn't have the speed or explosiveness that we're used to seeing.

It really just boils down to how you score a fight. That's why boxing is so full of these bullshit controversial decisions so often. Some judges are influenced by the roar of the crowd and stupid shit like that. Like Floyd winning by SD against Oscar. All of those fancy combos looked nice, but they weren't landing. Some judges favor aggression, who's pushing the pace, whether it's effective or not. Some favor timing and precision, and who's landing the cleaner shots round after round.

You won't often see me use compubox as any sort of crutch for a fighter winning, and I DO think that the numbers were off in this fight by a bit. That said, even if they were off by 40 landed punches, it would still have Horn landing at a much lower connect % and punches per round than Pacquiao.

Compubox was off about 8-10 punches in the first round alone.

So by 3 rounds you scored it 117-111?

I reckon Horn won 2 of the first 3 rounds, and he won 2 of the last 3 rounds. Final round was close but he won me over in the final minute.

Good point about the local crowd.

Smith knows less then Jon Snow, and Atlas should have known better... betcha the ESPN boys were well invested in this fight.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/...1154217dfb9c02

Comments

sah_24: Not off near enough for Horn to even come close to winning the fight

Load Metric

Compubox was off about 8-10 punches in the first round alone.

So by 3 rounds you scored it 117-111?

I reckon Horn won 2 of the first 3 rounds, and he won 2 of the last 3 rounds. Final round was close but he won me over in the final minute.

Good point about the local crowd.

Smith knows less then Jon Snow, and Atlas should have known better... betcha the ESPN boys were well invested in this fight.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/...1154217dfb9c02
    I think I had 116-112 Pacquiao. I admittedly need to watch it again. I was pretty well into a bottle of Elijah Craig while watching. Have ass scoring it.

Stephen A. Smith was a fucking disaster. I wish I could get on air with him for 10 minutes. The way he disrespected Ali Funeka and Randall Bailey. Laughing at them and shit. It was pathetic. Said they were "no names" just because his bitch ass hasn't heard of them. He's the very definition of a casual, but the problem is that he doesn't own the "casual" role, and acts like he's some goddamn aficionado.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Garcia or Broner?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post
    Garcia or Broner?
    Broner is being over looked.

He's going to be a LOT bigger than Garcia on fight night. And he's got really fast hands. Just never know if he's taking his training seriously or not.

I think at 3/1 odds or better it's worth a shot with Broner.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    unless my eyes are really fucked up I just saw on the sportscenter crawl that WBO is rescoring the horn-manny fight...

never heard of that before...JMM, drop the knowledge...what the hell does that mean?

Load Metric
    unless my eyes are really fucked up I just saw on the sportscenter crawl that WBO is rescoring the horn-manny fight...

never heard of that before...JMM, drop the knowledge...what the hell does that mean?
    http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news...t-wont-change/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news...t-wont-change/
    sounds about right...we had some retard who fucked up and scored it 117-111 so we're gonna go back and make everybody feel better about the score but it changes nothing...

Load Metric
    Horn has a pretty ugly wife for a million jock stud. I think this goes back to "just be tall" theory.
    Name:  horn.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  33.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Horn has a pretty ugly wife for a million jock stud. I think this goes back to "just be tall" theory.
    Name:  horn.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  33.0 KB
    That is just so not right to even say this on so many levels. Yet, I'm guilty of thinking the same thing when I saw her.

She is heavily pregnant though... I'll reserve my decision to be fair.

Load Metric
    I rarely watch fights again but gave this one a another look.
    This time I put my judges hat on rather then simply enjoying the fight.

As an unbiased professional of the highest order I give Pac the win 115-112 :-)
    There was a couple of really close rounds I couldn't clearly pick a winner, rounds I couldn't split I gave to the champ.
    7 rounds to Pac and 5 to Horn. Round 9 as a 10-8 round as he dominated with clean punches and hurt Horn.

Ref was especially poor and made it hard to judge!
    Not the judges job to score a fighter favorably if the ref didn't look after him.

Giving Horn the win wasn't close to a robbery, and still a reasonable decision though, round 10 was truly epic.
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 07-07-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Load Metric
    I said to myself before it went to the judges "I wouldn't be surprised if Horn wins a split decision." In team sports the biggest reason home field is an advantage is because the crowd influences the ref's decisions. I would think in a boxing situation like this, the hometown crowd would have an even greater effect on the judges decisions. That being said, when it was announced as a unanimous decision, including a 117-111, I was shocked that it went to Horn.

Load Metric

In short, nothing.

Review the scoring bit refuse to change the outcome, lol. Thanks for nothing.

Thread Information