Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    ROFL 117-111

holy shit those judges, rofl

Comments

unlearn: Maybe you should blog about it

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Looking at the punch stats makes it even worse. 117-111 Horn, jesus christ. Can't blame Horn though, he went balls out. Not his fault the judges were blind/corrupt.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The only thing worse than the judging was Stephen A's and Atlas' "analysis"
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Platinum
    Load Metric
    anybody check and see if JMM is still alive after those butchered scorecards? think that fight mighta killed him...

Comments

JMM: It was looking grim, but I pulled through.

Load Metric
    It's time to shut down the sport.

Load Metric
    I can't even defend this shit anymore.

This was Manny's last contracted fight under Top Rank Promotions, so Arum probably fucked him on purpose.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good To See You're Alive Rep

Load Metric
    What in the literal fuck. It's happened twice to Manny. I've watched the fight again, there is simply no way I even get a draw out of this. I'm even going in with a pro Horn mindset and I still have him losing by 2 rounds. I love this sport so much, but this is why people have been leaving. The fight was live on basic cable during prime time and the boxers delivered, the judges and people in charge shit the bed
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Did we agree to give points for holding? I feel like I missed the memo.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Did we agree to give points for holding? I feel like I missed the memo.
    And the only real damage Horn did was from headbutts.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    so the consensus is that McGregor has no shot against Floyd...is the price high enough on McGregor to take the shot that some weird shit like what happened last night happens in that fight or is there just zero shot they fuck with Floyd?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    so the consensus is that McGregor has no shot against Floyd...is the price high enough on McGregor to take the shot that some weird shit like what happened last night happens in that fight or is there just zero shot they fuck with Floyd?
    The question is would Floyd sell his undefeated record for another $100M?

I'm not sure his ego would allow him to do it but it is $100M

Load Metric
    They won't fuck with Flyod. At least in Paq vs Horn fight they were both professional boxers. Conor will look silly.
    Last edited by El Gallo; 07-02-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Load Metric
    The only thing I can figure is that these idiot judges saw blood on Pac's face and thought that Horn had caught him with some punches they didn't see get thrown.

Arguing that Horn won the fight is one thing, but the fact that a judge had this 117-111 on their card is an insult to this sport. This shit is what killed boxing. Atlas was right to lose his mind, the sport he loves is getting fucked in the ass by these things.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Spoke some more with Lampley this morning at brunch. He said the only guys to ever really challenge Floyd were heavy hitters who threw a lot of punches. Connor is
    More Of a counter puncher and looking at his mma fights doesn't throw enough to even annoy Floyd. He again reiterated that it is a complete farce akin to the old Bobby Riggs / Billy Jean King tennis match.

Load Metric
    When the Boxer has literally a bank account with 9 zeros and hes the promoter of the fight (technically along side Dana White who has a nice 9 figure bank acct with the sale of UFC) I doubt it.. Floyd aint selling himself out.. However there is enough of a potential bonus to take Conner getting in a lucky shot somehow with the odds as they are..

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    When the Boxer has literally a bank account with 9 zeros and hes the promoter of the fight (technically along side Dana White who has a nice 9 figure bank acct with the sale of UFC) I doubt it.. Floyd aint selling himself out.. However there is enough of a potential bonus to take Conner getting in a lucky shot somehow with the odds as they are..
    The price would have to be about +10,000 for there to be enough "potential bonus" for something that probably has less than a 1% chance of happening. Not +700 or whatever it is now.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't really see all the indignation over the pacquiao decision. I thought pacqio probably won, but the bottom line is he did let the other guy bully him around the ring all fight and couldn't do much about it other tHan round 9. And then when he finally had a vintage pacquio round, he had nothing else the rest of the fight.

If you are going to let a fighter constantly bully you into the ropes and be on the offensive most of the fight, than you have to accept shit like this might happen, even if you did "out box" them. Win or lose this wasn't a very good performance by pacquio and may indicate he is done.

Let him and horn rematch on ESPN. The fight was fun to watch. Atlas is a fun color guy. And you can Bring back Bradley too. They can be a package.

I don't think the pacqio I saw last night would be competitive against crawford or any of the top WWs anyways. At least against horn he isn't going to take much damage.

Comments

Serial Fail: Pac landed 90 more punches than Horn.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I don't really see all the indignation over the pacquiao decision. I thought pacqio probably won, but the bottom line is he did let the other guy bully him around the ring all fight and couldn't do much about it other tHan round 9. And then when he finally had a vintage pacquio round, he had nothing else the rest of the fight.

If you are going to let a fighter constantly bully you into the ropes and be on the offensive most of the fight, than you have to accept shit like this might happen, even if you did "out box" them. Win or lose this wasn't a very good performance by pacquio and may indicate he is done.

Let him and horn rematch on ESPN. The fight was fun to watch. Atlas is a fun color guy. And you can Bring back Bradley too. They can be a package.

I don't think the pacqio I saw last night would be competitive against crawford or any of the top WWs anyways. At least against horn he isn't going to take much damage.
    Paq landed twice as many punches.... at twice the connect %. It was close, but a clear victory for Paq. I 100% agree that he would not be competitive against the top guys right now.... neither would Flyod by the way.

Thread Information