Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1459

Thread: Boxing Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL

Jose Uzcategui gets disqualified for a late punch that knocked Andre Dirrell to the canvas. Dirrell would get up and appear to make amends with Uzcategui; however, Dirrell's uncle, Leon Lawson does this and is now on the run from cops for assault and battery lol
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    I was watching the fight and that was fucking crazy.

Much respect to Jose for eating that sucker punch like a man.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My book is offering +185 for Kell Brook. Seems like good odds to me. I donno much about Spence, but Brook clearly defeated Porter a few years ago (meaning he is a pretty elite WW) and was outboxing GGG through 4 rounds his last fight at MW before GGG started to lay the wood in the 5th.

Seems like he is legitimately being underestimated. My once concern is that his busted eye socket might not have fully healed and could be a problem.

Anyone who knows a lot about Spence really think he should be this big a favorite?

Load Metric
    daniel franco went straight from his KO to a medically induced coma with 2 brain bleeds.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kovalev v Ward 2 today; I like Kovalev +120 as he lost the first fight, but you could of argued he won......and you know these promoters want a trilogy lol.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Kovalev v Ward 2 today; I like Kovalev +120 as he lost the first fight, but you could of argued he won......and you know these promoters want a trilogy lol.
    I initially wanted to bet Ward in the rematch. I think he was really starting to figure out Kovalev over the course of the last few rounds in the first fight.

I had a bet on Kovalev by decision in the first one. And I thought I should have won that bet. I really believe Kovalev won the fight.

Kovalev thinks he was robbed (Keeps calling Ward "Son of Judges" in interviews). So I think he's going to really come out and go for it this time. He doesn't want to leave it in the hands of the judges. I think he either comes out and stops Ward in the early/mid rounds, or gasses again and Ward takes another decision.

I think I'm going to lay off this one. Or maybe throw a little on Kovalev Inside the Distance. No value on Ward unless you're taking him by KO. Which I wouldn't even really call "value," because I don't think it can happen.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ward getting a body KO when he's most likely losing the fight is crazy. He really is that good

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Ward getting a body KO when he's most likely losing the fight is crazy. He really is that good
    I had Ward up by a round when they stopped it.

I hated the stoppage, though. When the ropes are holding you, it's a knockdown and you get a count. This is the shit that always happens with boxing. There's always some kind of bullshit controversy. The ref should have let Ward finish him off. Kovalev was done, Ward should have been able to finish him.

The ref took a legit stoppage away from Andre Ward.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They may of missed a nutshot too, but I do agree, way too quick of a stoppage for a title fight this big.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/1...xing-low-blows

Load Metric
    It was 3 nut shots in a row that eventually stops the fight. He is protesting the stoppage.... rightfully so
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    They're not going to overturn it.

Kovalev was done. He was looking for a way out anyway. Gassed after 4 rounds. He was finished.

Also, we're just gonna sit here and at like Kovalev wasn't throwing rabbit punch after rabbit punch?

It was a rough, sometimes dirty, fight. But Kovalev broke, and started crying to the ref.

If anything, Weeks robbed Ward of a legitimate stoppage.

I also don't think they were "nut shots." I'm not sure even one of them connected down that low. You could argue that two of them were belt line. I do think one was low, though.

Load Metric
    I still haven't seen any angles that show definitive proof of whether they were low, or borderline. If all they have is what's on the broadcast, it'll be awfully hard to overturn.

This whole shit would have been prevented if Weeks did a better job as an official.

He should have given Kovalev a count, or even time to recover, if he thought the shots were low.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I still haven't seen any angles that show definitive proof of whether they were low, or borderline. If all they have is what's on the broadcast, it'll be awfully hard to overturn.

This whole shit would have been prevented if Weeks did a better job as an official.

He should have given Kovalev a count, or even time to recover, if he thought the shots were low.
    WTF???

I've only seen one gif of the last shot before the stoppage & it was definitely low.
    Ward should get a custom t-shirt made that reads:

Name:  t-shirt1.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  7.1 KB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

WTF???

I've only seen one gif of the last shot before the stoppage & it was definitely low.
    Ward should get a custom t-shirt made that reads:

Name:  t-shirt1.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  7.1 KB
    I haven't seen any gifs.

The last shot did look low.

But Kovalev was also dirty in the fight. He was a beaten fighter that got bailed out, and now has an excuse.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I haven't seen the fight yet. I was busy yesterday doing something else. Will eventually see it when it comes on HBO in a week or two. I will take y'all word that the fight ended on some questionable blows from Ward, in a spot where he was always gonna win regardless.

Hard to tell what to do in such a spot, as it looks like the right fighter won, just for the wrong reason.

Load Metric
    He was criticized unjustly, AND he was wrong? Guy should have thought that tweet through a bit better.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I haven't seen the fight yet. I was busy yesterday doing something else. Will eventually see it when it comes on HBO in a week or two. I will take y'all word that the fight ended on some questionable blows from Ward, in a spot where he was always gonna win regardless.

Hard to tell what to do in such a spot, as it looks like the right fighter won, just for the wrong reason.
    Pretty much spot on. It sucks just as much, if not more for Ward. He was really starting to beat Kovalev up.

Load Metric

I thought all 3 were clearly low. Yes they were both fighting dirty, but that shouldn't be how the fight ends, especially with a light puncher like Ward.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Thread Information