Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1459

Thread: Boxing Thread

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post

what odds would you give me??? il escrow with druff
    2.5 to 1 for $50?
    Nice call. Thought GGG would slow down but somehow he didnt. So much for that smh.....

Load Metric
    That was pretty weak. That were obviously just trying to keep him from taking a beating later in the fight. But I thought he'd won 2 rounds up to that point. Brook didn't seem to mind the stoppage.

Load Metric
    weird how the corner was standing there waving the towel while the ref didn't see it, for a big bunch of seconds. If you want to stop the fight, throw ALL the towels if you have to, but at least step to your right a few more feet so there's no way the ref doesn't see you. I mean what's the worst that happens, your fighter gets disqualified because you left the corner and interfered? If you want the fight stopped, make them stop the fight for christ's sake.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    weird how the corner was standing there waving the towel while the ref didn't see it, for a big bunch of seconds. If you want to stop the fight, throw ALL the towels if you have to, but at least step to your right a few more feet so there's no way the ref doesn't see you. I mean what's the worst that happens, your fighter gets disqualified because you left the corner and interfered? If you want the fight stopped, make them stop the fight for christ's sake.
    Yeah that was weird as shit. He just stood there waving the towel like an idiot, lol.

Load Metric
    Fuck that.

Don't expect Brook to fight to the death, but was him who decided to jump two weights and he owed the viewer's and himself more time than that lol towel.

£14.95 and 6 buds it cost me, but I got mates who paid £400 for shit seats for that.

Fuck you Brook, and your lithhhp.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Fuck that.

Don't expect Brook to fight to the death, but was him who decided to jump two weights and he owed the viewer's and himself more time than that lol towel.

£14.95 and 6 buds it cost me, but I got mates who paid £400 for shit seats for that.

Fuck you Brook, and your lithhhp.
    Guy probably has a broken orbital and went the last few rounds not being able to see right, but yeah, he owed you something more.

Fuck off.

Load Metric
    His eye seemed very hurt. GGG didn't look great, but if that fight had gone on another 2 rounds there might have been some real permanent damage. GGG was just too strong. He seemed at about 40% of his regular self and still knocked him out in 4. He is so good that people thought Brooks had a good outing for winning 2 rounds and getting knocked out in 4.

There are only 2 fighters that I must watch. GGG and Chocolatito. They put on a show every time, even if not at 100% and they do not duck anyone. I look forward to GGG getting the final middle weight belt, then knocking out my hometown hero Canelo.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Guess they knew what they were doing.

Broken eye socket. Scheduled for surgery.

Comments

El Gallo: Figured... Better to protect a welterweight. He can dominate against people his weight

vegas1369: Seeing 4 of him rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Crolla Linares tonight. Looks like it could be a close fight.

I don't know much about these fighters but have put a quid on Crolla rd 4 at 33/1 for the interest.

Load Metric
    Mike Towell dropped dead after his fight just now.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kovalev (+115) vs Ward (-145) is this weekend; it's a fight that no one really is talking about but they should be as both are undefeated. Would love JMM's thoughts on this epic bout.

"Fight goes the distance" is at -170. Do we think that neither gets KO'd here? I think so but Kovalev has got an incredible liver shot however Ward is a great defensive fighter and I think it goes to decision and Ward by decision at +105 is also a play.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 897
Size:  460.3 KB
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 11-18-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Kovalev (+115) vs Ward (-145) is this weekend; it's a fight that no one really is talking about but they should be as both are undefeated. Would love JMM's thoughts on this epic bout.

"Fight goes the distance" is at -170. Do we think that neither gets KO'd here? I think so but Kovalev has got an incredible liver shot however Ward is a great defensive fighter and I think it goes to decision and Ward by decision at +105 is also a play.

Thanks for posting this. Other than GGG vs Canelo or Cotto, this is the best available fight out there to make. I've got Ward going the distance. It should be an excellent fight
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    I like Ward, but I think people may be sleeping on Kovalev's ability to box. He's not just some slow robot that comes in straight lines and doesn't move his head. Dude out boxed Hopkins. And even though it was old as piss Hopkins, it was still impressive. Hopkins footwork/defense is ATG shit, and it didn't seem to bother Kovalev at all. He's also got some seriously underrated hand speed. Ward could possibly get on the inside and smother Kovalev and rough him up, but I'm not 100% sure that he's going to be the stronger man in there this time. He's used to being the stronger guy, I'm just not sure here.

I think Ward is deservedly the favorite, but I have a little on Kovalev by decision because at +610 it's too good to pass up.

Comments

Shizzmoney: good bet and analysis...should be a great fight

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

Thanks for posting this. Other than GGG vs Canelo or Cotto, this is the best available fight out there to make. I've got Ward going the distance. It should be an excellent fight
    I think this is THE fight right now. GGG vs Canelo needs to happen next, for sure. But last I heard Canelo's team is talking with Cotto about a rematch.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The decision is trash because the boxing world knows we have to see this rematch lol

I paid rent tonight. And watched a great fight

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    I've watched it twice now. Scored it for Kovalev both times. I can't find a realistic way to give the fight to Ward. He definitely came on strong in the second half of the fight, but no way did he sweep every round past round 6. Out of three judges, Kovalev was only given ONE round, past round 6. 18 opportunities, and he got 1. You could make a legitimate case that Kovalev won any of rounds 9, 10 or 12.

Good fight, but I think they got it wrong.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Watching it twice rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    I've watched it twice now. Scored it for Kovalev both times. I can't find a realistic way to give the fight to Ward. He definitely came on strong in the second half of the fight, but no way did he sweep every round past round 6. Out of three judges, Kovalev was only given ONE round, past round 6. 18 opportunities, and he got 1. You could make a legitimate case that Kovalev won any of rounds 9, 10 or 12.

I watched it again this morning. I tend to really like whoever is the aggressor and who looks like they are landing the more powerful shots. I had Kovalev by 2 but I can't say it's a terrible decision. I could see how Ward might appear to have better "ring generalship." He's more fluid with his movements and gets away from punches better.... I preferred Kovalev last night though. I would watch these 2 again

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

I watched it again this morning. I tend to really like whoever is the aggressor and who looks like they are landing the more powerful shots. I had Kovalev by 2 but I can't say it's a terrible decision. I could see how Ward might appear to have better "ring generalship." He's more fluid with his movements and gets away from punches better.... I preferred Kovalev last night though. I would watch these 2 again
    I think most people tend to lean toward giving the aggressive fighter more rounds. I'm kind of the opposite. I tend to favor the Ward/Mayweather/Hopkins style.

The thing is, as much as I believe Kovalev won that fight last night, I'd almost certainly bet Ward in the rematch. It did seem like he was figuring things out over the course of those last few rounds. The first half of the fight, it looked like Kovalev was going to run him over. If there's a rematch, I think Kovalev has to either get him out early, or he loses a clear decision.

Last night, though, I really think Kovalev won it. I think you gotta give Ward every single close round to make a case for him. I wouldn't call it "robbery" because like you said, Wards ring generalship was there. And it's not like he wasn't competitive.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not the biggest fan of Kellerman, but I thought he summed up the decision nicely here (starts @ 7:37):

Thread Information