Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

Clearly you are a moron incapable of grasping simple logic. If boxing were "done" mayweather and pac would not be capable of commanding bazzillions of dollars per fight now could they?

In the future try spraying water on your forehead before you attempt to unravel the fantastic mysteries of the world, like putting a high boxing purse together with the logical correlation to boxing viewership still being pretty high, it might help.

If the water evaporates really fast, just spray more. I know that sounds like 'work' but think of the tangible benefits your life will gain when you eventually graduate from toddlerism into actual adolescent decency.

Who knows, you might reach puberty before you die, but I hate to get a child's hopes up for nothing...
    raise your hand if you will be paying for any fight other than may va pac fight?

didnt think so

Boxing was already on the decline before the pac vs bradley fight but that decision was such a joke it only made the nose dive of the sport pick up pace. I won that bet for like 8k cause i picked Bradley for like 1700. Even I turned off the TV in the 10th round 100 percent confident it was over.

Boxing might not be done but there is no doubt its stock is plummeting with no real stars to replace Pac or May. I am not even sure new stars would help at this point.
    You're right. There aren't a lot of PPV stars right now. But Mayweather is doing a million buys fighting damn near anyone. Pac is doing just under that. Canelo has a huge fan base that pays for his fights. Adrian Broner is going to be a superstar (and people are going to hate his attitude, meaning they'll pay to see him lose). Cotto/Trout had over a million views on Showtime last weekend. Boxing is going to be fine. It won't be what it once was, though.

There aren't NEAR as many 'casual' fans as their used to be, but Boxing has long stood the test of time. It's not going anywhere.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

raise your hand if you will be paying for any fight other than may va pac fight?

didnt think so

Boxing was already on the decline before the pac vs bradley fight but that decision was such a joke it only made the nose dive of the sport pick up pace. I won that bet for like 8k cause i picked Bradley for like 1700. Even I turned off the TV in the 10th round 100 percent confident it was over.

Boxing might not be done but there is no doubt its stock is plummeting with no real stars to replace Pac or May. I am not even sure new stars would help at this point.
    You're right. There aren't a lot of PPV stars right now. But Mayweather is doing a million buys fighting damn near anyone. Pac is doing just under that. Canelo has a huge fan base that pays for his fights. Adrian Broner is going to be a superstar (and people are going to hate his attitude, meaning they'll pay to see him lose). Cotto/Trout had over a million views on Showtime last weekend. Boxing is going to be fine. It won't be what it once was, though.

There aren't NEAR as many 'casual' fans as their used to be, but Boxing has long stood the test of time. It's not going anywhere.
    As a long time boxing fan I understand what CMoney is saying and in many ways I agree with him.

I also respect JMM's boxing knowledge and a part of me hopes he's right...that Boxing is going to be OK.

There's another thread here about starting your own PFA Radio Show. If JMM started a boxing show I would listen.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

vs who? If theres no one also really good to fight no one will care.
    Oscar Molina obv.....
    or bengie molina

Load Metric
    OR

Reshat Mati

Load Metric
    Heres my argument of why boxing sucks compared to mma imo. I want to watch the fight tomorrow, but I would never pay for it because its only 1 fight thats interesting to the average person. In boxing's defense they wear huge gloves so the fights usually last alot longer then mma fights plus obv theres more rounds. On a mma card theres usually at least 3 interesting fights, and with the competition gap closing its going to get better and better.

Pac vs Money would definitely be worth buying just for that fight, but even as much as I'd love to see that fight neither fighter is in their prime. Its stupid for them to want to fight each other really when they can feast on scrubs and make so much money, especially in moneys case since he wont fight anyone that has any chance to beat him.

Load Metric
    The scrub that money knocked out when he wasnt looking wasnt even upset about it. He got paid he knew he had no chance to win he was happy it ended early.

Load Metric
    Undercard for Pacquiao-Marquez is a disgrace. I ain't buying it, but then again I have plans for Saturday night that would prevent me from watching it anyway. I don't really care who wins the fight as long as it's a decisive victory. Kinda rooting for Marquez and think he might finally get the W against Pac this time.

Load Metric
    I take that back - I just saw what Marquez looks like. He's juicing, and he's got a notorious juicer in his corner. Fuck that guy. I hope he gets crushed. PEDs is now officially boxing's #1 problem out of like 5 or 6 major ones. Read this article by Kevin Iole:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...200532499.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    I take that back - I just saw what Marquez looks like. He's juicing, and he's got a notorious juicer in his corner. Fuck that guy. I hope he gets crushed. PEDs is now officially boxing's #1 problem out of like 5 or 6 major ones. Read this article by Kevin Iole:

I have been struggling with this. Being on Pacs side throughout the whole ordeal when the Mayweather's were accusing him of being on PED's, I don't want to be a hypocrite and jump on the "Marquez is juicing" bandwagon.

But this is different...

IMO he is 100% juiced up for this fight, and is blinded by arrogance thinking that we are all too stupid to see it. You do not put on the kind of muscle and strength he has in such a short amount of time after 20+ years of professional training, especially at 39 years old. To now have the much opposed to PED's bullshit artist Heredia as his SAC coach is just icing on the cake. Guys like Heredia never change, they just figure out new and improved ways to beat the system while trying to fool all of us into thinking their these changed people now. It's all bullshit.

I hate to say this, but it really is a shame boxing hasn't listened to Mayweather on this and started using Olympic style drug protocol in their testing and lead ups to fights.

I'm considering putting some money on Marquez to win by KO.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

I have been struggling with this. Being on Pacs side throughout the whole ordeal when the Mayweather's were accusing him of being on PED's, I don't want to be a hypocrite and jump on the "Marquez is juicing" bandwagon.

But this is different...

IMO he is 100% juiced up for this fight, and is blinded by arrogance thinking that we are all too stupid to see it. You do not put on the kind of muscle and strength he has in such a short amount of time after 20+ years of professional training, especially at 39 years old. To now have the much opposed to PED's bullshit artist Heredia as his SAC coach is just icing on the cake. Guys like Heredia never change, they just figure out new and improved ways to beat the system while trying to fool all of us into thinking their these changed people now. It's all bullshit.

I hate to say this, but it really is a shame boxing hasn't listened to Mayweather on this and started using Olympic style drug protocol in their testing and lead ups to fights.

Dude it doesn't matter what testing they use, synthetics are out now that clear your system in 24-48 hours. Poof...gone. You would have to be a complete buffoon to get caught.

Marquez is just the first in what will be a long line of athletes who figured out how to beat the system.....again.

I can't wait til they show the side by side pics of Marquez when he finally shows his brand new 38 year old physique to the world. You don't find the fountain of youth at 38, the only thing you find is a needle.

Load Metric

But this is different...

I completely agree with all of this, except for the fact that Mayweather may be as dirty as anyone else. That's how fucked the sport is. Read these long and detailed but very good articles about PEDs (and Floyd) by Thomas Hauser:

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...-mess-part-one

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...-mess-part-two

Platinum
    Load Metric

But this is different...

I completely agree with all of this, except for the fact that Mayweather may be as dirty as anyone else. That's how fucked the sport is. Read these long and detailed but very good articles about PEDs (and Floyd) by Thomas Hauser:

God Mayweather makes me SICK!! I swear if someone put a bullet in his head tomorrow I would cheer his death, he is such a disgusting human being.

Just read the entire article and WOW..unbelievable how corrupt this sport has become with Golden Boy leading the charge. Thanks for the link.
    Last edited by NaturalBornHustler; 12-07-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Load Metric
    It's hard to look at Marquez and think that he's not on something. It's also hard to look at what Pacquiao has done, and think that he's not. Hell, it would be naive of us to think that a lot of the top guys aren't on something that they shouldn't be. Stricter drug testing may not catch everyone, but it would catch some, and it damn sure can't hurt.

I won't be buying the fight. I'm just gonna stream this one. I've seen it 3 times already, not paying for it to see it a 4th time. I honestly don't know how to predict anything than what we've seen before. They know each other so well, so chances are, we see a really close fight again. Just depends on the judges.

Play something like Pacquiao straight, with Marquez by decision. And a little on the draw.

If Marquez wins, he'll almost certainly go after another fight with Mayweather, which he probably loses miserably again. Just a horrid style match up. Pacquiao/Rios probably ends up going down regardless of the outcome of this fight.

Load Metric
    Pacquiao down to -215.

Banned
    Load Metric

But this is different...

Thanks for that. Excellent articles about doping in boxing.

Load Metric
    Marquez looked taller and alot more muscle mass, but weighed 3 pounds less. wtf is going on not sure how thats possible.

Load Metric
    what time approx is the manny fight?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Link?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    Link?
    http://www.vipboxsports.eu/boxing/10...am-online.html

You're welcome.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Marquez looked taller and alot more muscle mass, but weighed 3 pounds less. wtf is going on not sure how thats possible.
    The less body fat you have, the bigger you look.

Lot of guys who look like they would weigh more than you think, really don't because their body fat is so low keeping their weight down.

Thread Information