Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Bet the farm on the Ginger Beaner (Azzclown copyright) tonight.
    No Anne Wolfe for Kirkland. I'd be stunned if Canelo doesn't beat him down.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Bet the farm on the Ginger Beaner (Azzclown copyright) tonight.
    No Anne Wolfe for Kirkland. I'd be stunned if Canelo doesn't beat him down.
    Agree. This is the reason I feel he will be destroyed tonight. He seems to be getting second rate training, and in the grand scheme of things, seems fairly stupid. His ring IQ will suffer without her. Shitty game plan most likely, no ability to adjust. Done.

Load Metric
    canelo owned him

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    canelo owned him
    Damnit Willie!!! Spoiler alert please!

Comments

WillieMcFML: my bad, thought you were watching it live

Load Metric
    Watching Kirkland drop his hands before that KO punch is disturbing. That was a huge KO.

Comments

The_Standard: oh hi

Load Metric
    i want to see anne wolfe fight a dude

btw, i thought she was training kirkland for this fight, what happened with that?

Load Metric
    That was a video game knockout

Load Metric
    Look down but come up.

Holy fuck was that a thing of beauty.

How appropriate is it that after that snoozefest last week by two superstars passed their prime, the next big superstar comes out with that performance.

Just when you totally shit the bed boxing...

You totally redeem yourself!!!

That was awesome.

Load Metric

btw, i thought she was training kirkland for this fight, what happened with that?
    She never even got a call. He won't explain why.

Load Metric

She never even got a call. He won't explain why.
    weird, i watched a 24/7 episode half drunk and i thought the whole narrative was he went back to her because he got knocked out when she wasn't in his corner

Load Metric
    Look down but come up.

Holy fuck was that a thing of beauty.

How appropriate is it that after that snoozefest last week by two superstars passed their prime, the next big superstar comes out with that performance.

Just when you totally shit the bed boxing...

You totally redeem yourself!!!

That was awesome.
    Jesus christ, the GIF of the KO is disturbing.

I am a casual boxing fan but find it rattling to see someone get drilled like that.

Load Metric
    Post gif here?

Load Metric
    Name:  insta.0.gif
Views: 354
Size:  1.71 MB

Comments

JMM:

simpdog: thanks
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...-decision.html

REVEALED: The punch statistics that prove Floyd Mayweather was fortunate to beat Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision
    American website sat its leading commentators down to watch fight again
    They decided to tally every punch and came up with startling statistics
    Figures suggest the megafight could have been scored 114-114
    And it could also be argued that Manny Pacquiao was the clear winner
    Floyd Mayweather retained his unbeaten record on unanimous decision

One dedicated website in America, Boxing News 24, sat its leading commentators down to monitor the video, first at actual speed, then in slow motion, finally frame by frame.
    The task was prompted initially by astonishment at the official fight statistics, which among other anomalies proclaimed that Pacquiao had connected with less than 20 per cent of his total punches and only nine per cent of his jabs.
    So they decided to tally every blow and in so doing came up with startling numbers which multiply long-standing doubts about the validity of the punch stats, as well as concerns about the verdict itself.
    Only by bending over backwards to give Mayweather the benefit of one statistically equal round, by virtue of his higher work rate in those three minutes, and another in which he landed one less punch but would have got the hometown nod could he have achieved even so much as a draw.
    Mark that second round 10-10 and the ninth 9-10 and Pacquiao would be their clear winner.
    According to Boxing News 24, Mayweather threw 471 punches in comparison to Pacquiao's 414
    It is claimed however, that the American landed only 68 of those 471 punches, 30 fewer than Pacquiao
    The conclusions here include:
    1) The fight was far closer than the judges, especially Moretti, and most pundits perceived
    2) Many rounds were exceptionally difficult if not too close to call.
    3) The punch stats as counted in the heat of the night are profoundly suspect (one US commentator who had Pacquaio winning asked if they were compiled by ‘kids from the HBO and Showtime offices’ and was told ‘Yes.’)
    4) Pacquiao’s claim that he had won the fight was reasonable, not outrageous as the in-ring interviewer implied.
    5) If watching on television, maybe better to mute the sound commentary.
    6) Mayweather is very wise to keep insisting on home-town advantage in Las Vegas, which benefits from the huge economic impact of his fights.

Load Metric
    Anyone claiming Pacquiao won that fight needs to find another sport.

It wasn't hard to score at all.

And you're obsessed

Load Metric

And you're obsessed
    I'm a big Pac fan and he lost the fight. I would like to believe that his shoulder was the cause of him not throwing as many punches, but who knows if he could have done anything anyway. The only fight I will watch again that has Mayweather in it will have to have Gennady Golovkin or a rematch against Canelo Alvarez. Neither of those things will happen, and I don't enjoy Mayweather fights so no need to watch him.

I like boxing, but when guys like Flyod fight it reminds of when wrestlers in MMA fight. It's only enjoyable for the .01% of the population that enjoys high level wrestling where the angle of your knee on the guys hips is a big deal. It's probably the best strategy and the best way to have a long career (Randy Couture) but it's just not fun... I respect it, but I'm not going to pay to watch... I rather watch 2 115 pound Mexican guys beat each other for 10 rounds.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Floyd doesn't remind me of MMA wrestlers at all.... He's much more athletic, agile, and smart. Watching this fight in slow-mo round by round is pretty cool and should serve as tonic for the non-believers.

Load Metric
    I'm currently listening to Pablo Casals and watching this fight in slo-mo and the combination is GOD

btw: I only posted the first round; the rest of the rounds are on that same youtube channel
    Last edited by Krypt; 05-12-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

And you're obsessed
    I'm a big Pac fan and he lost the fight. I would like to believe that his shoulder was the cause of him not throwing as many punches, but who knows if he could have done anything anyway. The only fight I will watch again that has Mayweather in it will have to have Gennady Golovkin or a rematch against Canelo Alvarez. Neither of those things will happen, and I don't enjoy Mayweather fights so no need to watch him.

I like boxing, but when guys like Flyod fight it reminds of when wrestlers in MMA fight. It's only enjoyable for the .01% of the population that enjoys high level wrestling where the angle of your knee on the guys hips is a big deal. It's probably the best strategy and the best way to have a long career (Randy Couture) but it's just not fun... I respect it, but I'm not going to pay to watch... I rather watch 2 115 pound Mexican guys beat each other for 10 rounds.

I watched the replay last Saturday, and imo, you've got to be generous to give Pacquiao 4 rounds. You'd have to be insane to give him 5 or more.

Regarding the shoulder. That injury occurred in 2008. He fought 12 different guys with this "bum" shoulder. And suddenly after Mayweather, it's too bad to continue without surgery. Floyd said something in the Jim Gray interview that I think was spot on. Manny looked like a defeated fighter. He looked embarrassed.

I mean all the time they were calling Floyd scared, a chicken, a coward. Manny was saying he was more worried about Cotto and Margarito than Floyd. Mayweather stayed quiet and trained, while Pacquiao was taking selfies and doing commercials. Then he was barely even competitive against Mayweather, and they needed a way out. So they used a 6 year old shoulder injury as an excuse.

They claim to have re-aggravated the shoulder in round 3. Manny never mentioned it to his corner. He never favored it during the fight. And he had NO trouble throwing right hands with conviction. Check out round 8. He was swinging that right hook to try and take Mayweather's head off. He just couldn't land it.

There's obviously a shoulder injury, but it didn't play a factor in the fight.

Load Metric
    Mayweather, Pacquiao already negotiating rematch
    http://pagesix.com/2015/05/13/maywea...ating-rematch/

The rematch is on. Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao made so much money on their recent bout, they want to do it again.

The May 2 fight attracted celeb fans from Beyoncé to Drew Barrymore, Michael Jordan to Justin Bieber. Although the fight was a snooze, and Pacquiao is recovering from shoulder surgery, sources say Showtime, HBO, Bob Arum and all the other parties to the record-breaking $600 million event are ready for more.

“It’s already being negotiated,” a source told me. Pacquiao needs four months of rehab post-surgery, and three months to train. “The fight will be the first event at the under-construction MGM–AEG Arena set to open next year.”

All the parties involved deny talks are under way, but I’m told Pacquiao wants redemption. “He feels he fought with only one arm,” said one insider.

Mayweather will do it for the money.

It’s like Hollywood. When a movie makes that much profit, there has to be a sequel.

While the first fight took more than five years to come together, all the pieces already are in place for the do-over.

Mayweather and Pacquiao are well past their prime and after this fight they should both retire.

Thread Information